September 3, 2014 | 1434 users online

Hair Treatments - Monistat cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by gotmud002

In an effort to make life easier, last year I chopped off a foot of my hair. Then I hated it the next day, of course. I started using Monistat in my hair 3/2014, with my hair just below my shoulders. Now 9/2014 with intermittent use, my hair is halfway down my back at my bra strap. My hair without Monistat grows deathly slow, but this stuff is a Godsend! I apply it when my hair is damp after washing. I put my hair into a messy bun and squeeze about an inch of Monistat into a hair color bottle, dilute it with about 1oz of warm water and shake it until it makes a milky consistency. The key to this product is to get it on your scalp, so you won't need much. I start at the front center of my head and put a line of the mix back towards the crown of my head. I move around my head in about 1 in sections and lastly get the crown of my head, under the bun. Then I leave this on my hair and wash on the third day. I did get a headache the first couple times, but I'm so glad I persevered because my hair is back to a great length! I can't rave about this product enough. It's so cheap and easy and gives amazing results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by queenvitta82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi peeps. Ok. I've been wanting to try this monistat regime on my 3 year old daughters hair. She has severe eczema and food allergies. Her eczema has stunted her hair growth completely. She isn't bald but her hair is so short I can't twist it. I'm natural and do the same things for her hair. Water oils moisture. But still no hair growth. I wanna try the monistat. What do you guys think?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by kokobeware800

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been turned on to monistat about 2 months ago, and so far it has worked for me :) I mean I had a really bad chemical on my hair and it caused me to have a bald spot on the right side of my head near the temple. I started noticing results maybe about 2 weeks later and thats when I began seeing more and more growth ... nothing drastic but i could tell the difference. I advise diluting it NOT WITH WATER but with some natural oils especially for the roots and dandruff free !!!!!!!! (carrot oil, castor oil, vitamin e, etc)

will update in 2 more months !!!!!

goodluck girls
xoxo B

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by SandraRosee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness Beauties, do not be afraid of this product. I came across this weird method on Youtube and was like "No way",-- but when you are really that desperate to grow your hair out, you will do anything, especially if its cheap. My hair probably grows 1/4 an inch a month normally and I have never had long locks of hair. Its always been thin, brittle, dry and curly/frizzy. I wore clip in extensions for about a year straight and as you can imagine, it had slowly thinned and ripped my hair out from the constant tugging. I got kind of lazy with my hair once got back to college so I stopped wearing them on a daily basis. I decided to try to (once again) grow my hair out naturally. I have tried all those pills (biotin, Folic acid, vitamin B, and even those expensive Hair Essentials pills) for years and have never really noticed a huge difference except for maybe the occasional notice of nail growth that I would bite off anyways. So, I'm the lady that has tried everything and I have to say, Monistat has made a significant difference! I have been using this product for almost three months and I've noticed around three inches of hair growth. That is more than double the hair growth I normally see. Not only is it growing my hair, but its making my hair thicker and i've noticed that the tiny thinned spots from my extensions are filling in. Even my friends have noticed that my hair has finally been growing. I actually have faith in one day receiving Mermaid hair. I believe that the more you use it the better, such as everyday, but you don't have to be entirely faithful to the product to see results. I know that all you Beauties are probably wondering how to apply such a thick cream to your scalp, so below I have those answers.

HOW TO APPLY:
I buy the Equate brand at Walmart because it works the exact same, same ingredients and everything for ten dollars less the cost. ($4-$5) Some people say to just rub the cream directly onto the scalp but I have found for it to make my hair a little greasy, because you cant help but to sometimes get it on your hair. Face it, it's gonna happen. SO, just wait, I have come up with the best way to apply this and I promise you it doesn't make your hair greasy, or smell gross in any way. Go to Sally's (or anywhere I suppose) and buy one of those plastic hair dye applicators ($3) with the tip on them. I simply squeeze an inch or two of the Monistat in the bottle and fill the bottle up a little bit with (maybe a half inch) of water and shake it up until it turns into a milky consistency. The applicator makes it easy to separate and part your hair in sections so you can easily applicate the product. Aim for the scalp ladies, your hair won't grow if your drench your hair with this stuff, and I don't think you would want too. Oh, and one more important tip, apply this product the way I just explained every time you get out of the shower. You can make this an everyday thing if you would like even if you don't shower everyday, but i would recommend you do this when your hairs wet. Your hair will not get greasy at all this way, and your hair and scalp allows the cream to soak in much better. When you apply it to the scalp, rub it in with your finger against your scalp. You don't need to get every inch of your head, because at this point, the Monistat is in liquid form and it'll easily spread around your scalp. This will only take a minute, and do NOT wash it out. Otherwise there is no point in applying this.

I have not experienced any excessive headaches with this that some people have experienced. If you do, that's odd. I don't understand why this product would do such a thing but hey we're all different. All my friends and family think I'm completely insane and weird for doing this, but if you look up the reason for the growth, it makes sense. Monistat has been known to be used for other things besides the lady parts. People have used this product for Athletes Foot. We have fungus on our heads that aren't harmful or noticeable. We sweat, we apply products, we get our heads wet often. Our hair follicles get clogged and ultimately stump hair growth. The ingredient, Miconazole Nitrate (2%), in the Monistat cream allow those follicles to clear of any "fungus"--freeing your hair. A vitamin that I have also found helpful is Fish Oil, which is also beneficial for your health and skin. So thats everything I know about this product and I hope this review was helpful! I apologize for the length of this review, but I promise you that this stuff works, and you might as well give it a try if you have found no other cure for slow hair growth. Good luck ladies! <3

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've just started this so i don't have any growth to report yet (hopefully) but wanted to note a good generic type I bought. Most generics contain mineral oil - hello grease fest - but Rite Aid brand 3-day (4% MN) has basically the same inactive ingredients as monistat 7 that most ppl use, it's cheaper than monistat 7, and the % is higher. Sure it won't last as long but I want to get bang for my buck. So far I've squirted 1/3 of one of the packages pre filled applicators into a hair color squeeze bottle and just enough warm water to make into a mixture. Don't use too much water like I did the first time or you'll have a wet head. I found this easier than spreading the same amount of cream around my scalp plain. I plan to use every 3 days (after I shampoo - I'm a bottled red head and can't shampoo that often anyway)... The MN is supposedly active for 3 days. It doesn't feel greasy at all, kind of like a texturizer. So a pre filled applicator will last me 3 applications or 9 days which I don't think is too bad. A 1 inch portion is about 1/3 of the applicator. Ill update in a month or so!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I can't believe how well this has worked for me to grow out my hair. My hair usually grows very slowly...probably 1/4 inch a month. I got a solid one inch of growth in one month just by using monistat 7 on my scalp! I dilute about an inch with an inch of water in a spray bottle, and apply on a damp scalp after washing. I used to have horrible SD, and it has been completely clear since I started this treatment (probably why my hair is growing so quickly all of a sudden).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So after reading so many positive reviews on all the long hair forums I decided to give it a try. Why not? I read up on some possible side effects which seemed to mainly just be head aches.

So after my research I thought that application on damp hair may be easier so I squeezed out about an inch of cream and rubbed it gently into my damp roots, covered my lengths in a bit of conditioner then piled the rest of my hair up in a scrunchie and headed to bed. I was extremely concerned I would wake up with clumps of hair all over my pillow, or no hair at all.

Well after 2 weeks of using every third night my hair has not only grown over an inch and a half, but also I have almost zero hair shedding. My hair typically grows like 1.5 inches a month but the monistat just accelerates the growth plus all the baby hairs are finally filling in nicely. I did not have any side effects and my scalp feels so good and looks so healthy. Some days I leave in the monistat for a few days, depending on my work schedule. They say the active ingredient (MN) is effective for up to 72 hours so leaving it in for a few days is fine. Also monistat does not make my hair greasy at all instead It gives my hair some volume and nice texture at the roots.

I will definitely continue to use monistat at least 2 or 3 times a week. I do like the 4% monistat better and it's working for me. It can be a bit pricey so do some price comparisons as its often on sale. I don't recommend the generic MN cream as its full of oil. Happy growing!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing this product for hair growth (and not the intended use!) I met a lady at the gym who had grown her hair 6 inches in just over three months, and I was amazed! I asked her how she did it - and she said she had used vitamins (like biotin) and monistat of her scalp everyday. Since I have recently decided to grow my hair long again, and my hair grows slowly, I decided to use it. I usually grow about 1/4 inch per month. Since using this on my scalp I have grown 2 and a 1/2 inches in about 7 weeks. Pretty amazing! I do not have any side effects. I use it full strength on my scalp every time after I wash and dry my hair. The active ingredient is an anti-fungal which helps to get rid of the thrush / fungus that naturally grows on our scalp and sometimes can inhibit hair growth. The active ingredient stays active for about 3 days, so you don't have to apply every day (only after you wash, assuming you wash every three days or less). I haven't had any side effects. There is no smell and it isn't very greasy; just make sure to put on the scalp only. You can part it into sections and apply to the exposed scalp, and then rub it into the scalp. I use the generic 7-day brand from Walmart (2%) and it's $4.95 for an entire tube that lasts me about 2 weeks. I've talked to my boyfriend who is a physician and he said it's totally safe, and acted like it made sense to use an anti-fungal (I was surprised - I was embarrased to ask him lol!) I would recommended this to anyone looking to grow their hair out faster!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by baroni

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Monistad is amazing I shave my head in December and believe me my hair is full of hair now people told me why you did to grow your hair fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by jacqueline101

I heard about the hair growth potential from a website. I read through tons of pages and decided to try it for myself. I first done it mixed with water every other day. I did see good results I had none of the side effects. I decided to do it daily full strength. I ended up having better results. I've used it for over a year faithfully.