October 20, 2014 | 2060 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Fresh Start Refreshing Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Luna73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies, this is NOT a dry shampoo, so if you're buying it for that purpose, you're going to be disappointed. Which is why you see all the one-lippie reviews for this.

What it DOES do: Freshen day-old hair.

This is perfect if your hair is pretty clean but has that "not so fresh" feeling, or if you need put a little spring back in a style that's gone flat. The scent is clean-smelling but mild. Product dries quickly, doesn't leave a residue and the bottle lasts a good while. (I've had mine for about a year and am just about to repurchase.) Price is pretty cheap too.

I withheld one lippie simply because it doesn't wow me -- but it is effective when used properly.

It's a simple product, with simple goals which it meets. If you need a dry shampoo, buy a dry shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kasabourin

Im not sure what this stuffs supposed to do but i LOVE it because it has that original tresemme scent that is sooo absolutely delicious. I spray this stuff everywhere i practically use it as a perfume. I love smelling like tresemme but i dont use hairspray so this stuff is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahAnne80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for over a year. I never knew about how to care for my naturally curly hair that I'm trying to grow long until about two years ago. This exceeded my expectations and keeps my hair smelling fresh between washings. I'm not in an environment with heavy smells (like smoke or food) so this lasts me a good 8 hours.

I use this in conjunction with dry shampoo and cowashing, shampooing about once a week. The smell is very pleasant and fresh, and I love it because it gets rid of that "scalp smell" that always had me washing more frequently than I should have been. I'm not aware of other similar products and am shocked this isn't flying off shelves everywhere! I'm hoping it's just a rumor that this is no longer being made because this is really great stuff! I really cannot say enough good about it. When the bottle is about half empty, I add a rose/lavender tincture I make with vodka, rose petals and lavender - which doesn't have a strong scent, but it stretches out my refreshing mist so I can spray it more often :D.

It works better for me if I use it after applying dry shampoo, otherwise it can get a little heavy if too much is used - which is easy to do if you love the scent like I do. It's really great even if it's day 1 hair, and you just want to freshen up a bit. I love it and definitely recommend it to my friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by missmopar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair that I straighten, which is more on the dry side. I only wash it every few days and was hoping this would freshen it between washes. This was a waste of money. It is heavy and left my hair looking and feeling greasy and heavy. My hair is thick and doesn't get weighed down easily. I thought it might have been greasy because I needed to wash it, so I used some the day I washed my hair and got the same result. It looks and feels greasy no matter what I do. It's odd, because it's more like a greasy flexible hold hairspray. I've been using it to slick back my hair when I want to wear a pony tail, but only when I'm out of regular hairspray. It makes my hair look and feel sooooooo greasy! The smell isn't strong enough to be considered a hair perfume. It didn't neutralize any smells, like the smells from cooking. This was a disappointment all around. I wouldn't even recommend this for people with really dry hair. Save your money and by a real hair perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this stuff smells luscious! I love the scent, it's very citrusy and it definitely has lasting power, I can usually smell it washing out as I shower after a day of wearing it. I'm not sure if it makes my hair shiny or clean looking, but it sure makes my hair smell good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kristamb

I really love the concept of hair fragrances, and this one is really good. I only gave 4 lippies because of the lasting power (I would say, 5 sprays on my hair last for about 3 hours). Overall, it has a really fresh, shampoo scent and it doesn't weigh your hair down or make it look wet or anything. I love that Tresemme makes this product, as hair refreshers are hard to find! I would highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by PetiteBtq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product is getting bad reviews. I get oily hair after not showering a couple of days and when i use this, it doesn't do the best job at absorbing the oil but it does make my hair smell good, and look shiny. If you have oily hair, its up to you whether or not you want to get this but just know this doesn't do a great job at getting rid of oil. Its only about $5 including tax at a local target, and this does a hell of a job better than their dry shampoo spray. If your someone like me who just wants something to remove odor and look like they just showered then i suggest this. Overall, great product !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I work in a restaurant, and my hair smells quite gross after my shift. I don't want to have to go home and wash my hair again, but I want to get the smell out. This does the trick. It claims to refresh your hair and make it smell better, and it does. Works well for it's intended purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by alicenwonerland

all this product claims to do is get rid of bad scalp smell after not washing your hair... it is not a dry shampoo and it doesn't absorb oil. i use the tressemme waterless shampoo before i use it. i like that the refreshing mist actually gets rid of the smell and doesn't create a gross mix of fragrances.. people always tell me they love my hair, little do they know i only wash it twice a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was looking for something that would kind of act as a spray-in conditioner on days I don't wash my hair. However, this does nothing as far as conditioning my hair. It DOES smell great, so if you need something for that, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, I have no use for it. Won't be repurchasing.