December 18, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bodycology - Vanilla Cupcake

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by veronicaracely

Ok, so I'm not sure if they discontinued this product but if they did I don't know what I'm going to do. I LOVE this product. I have the lotion AND the body spray. I'm not one for super sweet/rich scents but I'm a baker and this smells EXACTLY like I've been making vanilla cupcakes all day. I know some people have had an issue with a plastic-y scent after some time of wearing it, but I have to say I've never come across that with mine. I always get compliments when I wear this lotion and for some reason I tend to only wear it in the summer. It's a great lotion to use after you have just shaved because it lasts forever (at least for me). I REALLY hope they didn't discontinue it because I'm having a really hard time using up what's left of the one I have.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh goodness, this stuff seemed so appealing! I am a hardcore vanilla cupcake fiend and when I was gifted this as part of a basket I was thrilled. The packaging alone looked so delicious I was excited to try it. Perhaps I have been spoiled by Philosophy lotions but the smell of this stuff is simply vile. It smells very sweet (like vanilla buttercream, delicious) but very plastic-y at the same time. Overwhelming so, the vanilla scent dissipates very quickly and your left smelling very strongly of plastic. Even my mom and sister commented that our entire top floor smelt bad after I applied this lotion. I feel guilty throwing away a gift, so I apply St. Tropez over it (that's right, because the sunless tanner actually smells better than this).

the lotion itself leaves skin feeling soft but not overly hydrated. Despite being sensitive it didn't bother me, but the smell is enough to turn your stomach. Like I said very very strong and doesn't fade for a long time. I could bypass this one. Sad because before this I never met a vanilla cupcake I didn't like.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Joanna20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the bodycology vanilla cupcake body cream. I bought a little gift set from walmart and it consisted of a 1 oz tube of this body cream. It smelled good (like cupcakes). Therefore, I decided to get it in a bigger tube.This bigger tube's product was more pinkish in color and smelled awful. Yes, like playdough, but more importantly like a fake chemical smell. It just smelled really bad. The body mist on the other hand is pleasant. Weird thing is the mini bottle I bought from walmart says Made in China, but the full size version purchased at a different store said Made in the USA. So basically the one made in china was more of a yellowish color and smelled better.
Also, I think the vanilla cupcake line is being discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by adrianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS, IT SMELLS AMAZING! It smells so good you could eat it! It smells like vanilla butter cream, just like sweet vanilla icing and it almost has that texture too. It does smell pretty sweet though, so if you don't like that it probably wouldn't be good for you. And a couple times it made my skin itchy, but that's because I have sensitive skin. I still use it anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Some of the reviews made me hesitant about purchasing this product but I am so glad I did because this lotion is so affordable and it smells delicious! When I first put it on, the lotion smells more like a spicy vanilla rather than a sweet vanilla. This is not a bad thing! It's hard to describe but I would say it smells sort of like ginger cookies with vanilla. It smells great.

The spicy vanilla scent lasts for about ten minutes so this stage really doesn't last too long. The scent then loses its spiciness and fades into a sweet and foodie vanilla that is very close to the name 'vanilla cupcake.' Delicious! The scent lasts for a good while on my skin too. It lasts for about 3 hours without me reapplying.

I will definitely repurchase this product as it is affordable and has a great scent with a great lasting power. It's also a big plus that when I walked by my boyfriend after putting this on, he looked up from his work so fast and said, "you smell REALLY good." He never ever says anything when I wear my expensive perfumes. I think this is definitely one of those scents that men love on women.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by skelley26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Holy crap this stuff smells like pee! I was so excited to try it because I'm a huge fan of vanilla scents. I'm not at all sensative to scents but this, this is like a grenade to me. I will stay far away. It smells vaugly of vanilla frosting. But like frosting that's been sitting in a musty, hot, garage for weeks. It's got a urinal note to it that just pushes me over the edge and makes me gag. I'm not even being dramatic. And it takes forever to scrub off. The moisture is a 10 for me, but the smell. One of the worst I have ever come across. And as unpicky as I am with scents that is saying something :( Do Not waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

A sweet scent that seems a bit fake and sickly after putting it on. It moisturizes pretty well and makes skin nice and smooth. I like that it is not greasy and sinks in pretty fast. I'm not sure if they changed the formula/packaging now but I had a bottle with a flip top that was SO annoying. After about a week of use, I had to really struggle to get any lotion out because the plastic bottle was hard and made it difficult to squeeze it hard enough to get some lotion out. Because of the packaging, it sat in my drawer for quite a while as I used lotions that seemed more convenient.. I have since transferred it into a Lush pot and it seems more luxurious this way for some reason. Not a horrible lotion but I dont think I would buy it again because I like trying different lotions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

It is really like a vanilla cupcake (more like vanilla frosting tho) in its smell! I was legitimately surprised when I first got it on how much like the real thing it smells. I don't know- to me, I do not enjoy being covered in whatever smells like vanilla frosting. The cream does do a good job, but the smell is a little strong, and if you're starving, that's not a good thing O.o I also have the body spray, but I like the body spray. I just don' like sweet creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeShoesPolishBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moisturizing: Check
Lasting Moisture: Check
Great Smelling: Barf.
This is for the body cream. Which smells amazing until you check out of WalMart. Then you get it home expecting a nice dupe for Jaqua Buttercream Frosting. The smell was sorely disappointing after I had put it all over my arms and legs. It had a very clay/Play-Doh after smell that made me want to spend $30 on an eBay listing for Jaqua Buttercream Frosting Body Butter. If you can handle the after smell, the moisture is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells delicious - mainly like a fresh, buttercream icing as opposed to the whole cupcake. I purchased this at Ross for a really cheap price. It moisturizes fairly but is too thick for the pump bottle that it comes out of. Maybe my bottle is old but it would have been better in a jar given it's thick consistency. I would repurchase this product as it smells so nice.