Hard Candy Kaleyedescope Baked Duo in Rush Hour

on 4/12/2012 11:55:00 PM

I've been wanting to try another Hard Candy e/s and this caught my eye
Price: $5.44 USD
Pkg: dome-shaped; 4.5g
Colour: light peachy bronzy champagne | deep smokey bronze
Pigmentation: full
Finish: pearlescent w/sheen
Texture: creamy
There can be some fallout, esp w/the darker shade. I just love how these two shades complement each other. The peachy colour brightens up ur eyes while the darker shade defines ur crease. Perfect as lower lash liner too!

on 3/14/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great shades for the summer! The peachy bronze is gorgeous on the lid and to warm up the crease. I was pleasantly surprised at how pigmented the dark brown shade is. A beautiful warm brown that complements the peachy bronze very well. Both shades have a fushia glitter in them that is not obvious at all on the lid. Both shades are shimmery.

I got this duo for $6 at Walmart.

on 2/9/2012 10:06:00 PM

First of all, I love the cute packaging and the colours. I especially like the goldenish pink color. After I use Mac's Bare Study paint pot all over my lids, I really like using this color in my crease to contour my eyes. The pink really gives your eye a neutral, everyday romantic glow. Then, I use the dark brown shade on the outer edge of my eye and blend it into the crease just a little. Then, I use it to fill in my eyebrows and also to liner, before I tightline my eyes (with the maybelline gel liners). In my opinion, both the blendability and pigmentation could be better. Even with my brush wet, it's still hard to get the product onto my brush, and I have to continuously press my brush into the product to get enough color. However, this does last a very long time, and so far I've worn this to school daily with no creasing. So for that reason, and also for the great colors (and the cute packaging) I would totally buy this again!

on 9/3/2011 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really lovely everyday shades. I am a sucker for shimmery rose gold shades, and the medium brown is a nice compliment. I have found that you really need to apply this with a wet brush to get the full impact. Lasts all day and really gives your eyes a sparkle without looking like a glitter bomb. Love it.

on 5/26/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's cheap, stays on my lid for a long time (with a primer)
Really pigmented when it's wet, it's alright dry. The glitter is fine and looks great.
It's fallen MANY times and didn't break yet. :)

With this duo I find that the colours are quite beautiful, I don't have many neutrals and it's a great way to explore without going crazy. You get a lot of product for the price so it's worth it to me.

Love it.

on 5/11/2011 5:25:00 PM

This product is ok. It has its pros and cons. The pros are the packaging is soo cute and I like the shimmer it gives! Cons are that its not very pigimeted and is hard to blend. They should have a maybe in the "Would you buy this product again?" Overall this product gets a 3.

on 4/3/2011 7:03:00 PM

Nice shimmery neutral color with good staying power for cheap.

on 2/20/2011 11:12:00 PM

I love the colors of this baked duo but if I do not wear a primer under this eyeshadow it creases and disappears after about 5 to 6 hours. I rarely--if ever--have shadow crease on me. The colors are easily buildable. They are certainly not as intense in the package upon first applying them, but easily become those shades with a foam sponge applicator or with a bit of packing. They work great wet for liner. This eyeshadow is shimmery, "foils" when wet and has small glitter that can sometimes fall out. The peachy/coral side of the duo is light enough to use as a highlight on my brow bone even with my very fair skin tone. As one other reviewer stated, it's even usable as a blush. The brown has a reddish undertone and is gorgeous with brown/hazel eyes. One of the main reasons why I say I would not by this product again is that I have used the product multiple times and haven't even put a dent into it--it's going to last forever. I am disappointed at how easy these can "crack" or "break."

on 2/20/2011 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful buildable colors! The peach copper shimmer makes a great highlight/blush on my olive skin tone. It's tightly packed so that makes it hard to overdo but it builds nicely. The other side is a nice deep shimmery brown that is good for lining the eyes while wet.

on 9/20/2010 2:40:00 PM

Got this off the shelf by pure impulse. I didn't expect so much from this product because there weren't so much reviews when I got it. I was surprised with how much I fell in love with these HC baked duos. The pigmentation wasn't out of this world but it's expected for a baked product no matter what brand it is. It's very buildable. I like how tightly pressed it is so the shadows don't fly all over. I can wear this whole day with or without primer and it doesn't crease. Very good quality in my opinion.

Shade wise, I love the variety of colors. I've tried Rush Hour and Rock and Roll so far and I'm in love with both. I can't wait to get more colors! What I hate is that Walmart does not restock quickly enough... these babies run out so fast!!!