July 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Blonde

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUAers for this gem!
In December I went to a new hairdresser (mine had moved) he turned my dark blond with highlights a very dark brown with a black highlights and black around the face. Disaster, tears aplenty ensued. Then I had a colour "correction" done...result was a mish-mash of very brassy roots with ok-ish med blond ends. So my hair was a disaster zone...a very expensive disaster zone.
I turned to MUA and saw the reviews for this and thought "what the hell?" I had spent so much money and my hair looks so cheap and nasty I couldn't look any worse.
The result is wonderful!!!!!
I now have lightest brown/dark blond hair. The brassiness has been toned down dramatically (it is still slightly there but hey) and the ends are tonal too.
The overall effect is, well natural.My hair actually looks like a hair colour made in nature (not a preschoolers painting) and is a very pretty colour.
Very happy!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this color....it comes out on me exactly as the color shown on the model. It's dirt cheap, doesn't dry my hair out and doesn't have that strong odor since it's ammonia free. I buy it at Walmart for under $3!!! Amazing!! :) ... UPDATE: just got a ton of compliments on this at a recent Xmas party :))) ...no one could believe my color was from a box! Everyone kept asking me what salon I go to...tee..hee...hee ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had colored my hair black last year around May. It's been growing out and fading since then but there was an obvious line where my natural color was and the old black started. A friend told me about a less harsh creme lightener to bleach my hair and it worked pretty well lifting the old black and did my roots a bright yellow. After some searching I decided to buy two boxes of the Dark Blonde color because I didn't want bleach blonde.

It stains white shirts brown and your hair looks like it's going brown during the process, but after washing and blow drying my hair is the most beautiful light auburn, strawberry blonde. This color took away all the brassy orange look and I am in love with my hair now. Plus the price cannot be beat.

The plastic gloves are cheap but I can't complain, that's the only negative.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this is great color!! it's more of a light, almost goldish brown than blonde. I would definitely use this again, but I think I will try a medium blonde next :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by kiki105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Colorsilk Dark Blonde is one of my favorite hair colors. I've used it twice now, once on medium blonde hair that had gone too gold, and once on reddish blonde hair that had gone orange/brassy. It is GREAT for neutralizing those unwanted colors.

Be warned, though, it does start off a bit on the light brown side. But it's not TOO dark (other brands' dark blondes are way darker!), and it fades to dark blonde after a few washes.

I recommend this color! It's a cheap way to get the brass out, and leaves you with gorgeous color!

(I have also read that the Dark ASH Blonde is considerably darker, which is why I recommend this instead)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No