November 25, 2014 | 1782 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Blonde

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I actually didn't continue with the dyeing of my hair with this product after the strand test, and yet I'm still giving this product top ratings. I colored my hair for many years, using every box dye out there, but especially the supposed higher-end ones. I then stopped coloring all together, and then in the past few years, started getting my color done professionally. I spend over $100 every 5 weeks or so to get my hair colored, on top of which my hair is now extremely damaged. I was looking for a cheaper and gentler alternative when I came across the reviews for this product. I have to say I was skeptical, mainly because of the price. How good could something be that was $2.97 at Wal-Mart?! My skepticism was unfounded. This product beats every other box I have used and infinitely cheaper and gentler than the salon products. My coloring goal was to blend my very light (too light) lengths with my now grown out several inches roots (a very ashy dark blonde). I colored a large swath of hair on the underside; the color actually came out a beautiful honey/ caramel blonde. And NO damage. And NO bad smelling dye. I was beyond amazed. It just wasn't the color I wanted, which amounts to me not choosing a dark enough shade and no fault of the product. I bought two boxes and plan to enjoy the conditioner. My plan now is to hit the hairdressers' one more time and get the color adjusted so that I can then resort to using a Colorsilk product on a regular basis for maintenance. I am so looking forward to enjoying a healthier coloring experience (and a cheaper one).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by tizzlerizzle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this shade...turned my dark brown hair a nice caramel-y light brown after Feria faded...and you cannot beat the price. The conditioner that comes with smells great!! I wonder if that's available by itself....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUAers for this gem!
In December I went to a new hairdresser (mine had moved) he turned my dark blond with highlights a very dark brown with a black highlights and black around the face. Disaster, tears aplenty ensued. Then I had a colour "correction" done...result was a mish-mash of very brassy roots with ok-ish med blond ends. So my hair was a disaster zone...a very expensive disaster zone.
I turned to MUA and saw the reviews for this and thought "what the hell?" I had spent so much money and my hair looks so cheap and nasty I couldn't look any worse.
The result is wonderful!!!!!
I now have lightest brown/dark blond hair. The brassiness has been toned down dramatically (it is still slightly there but hey) and the ends are tonal too.
The overall effect is, well natural.My hair actually looks like a hair colour made in nature (not a preschoolers painting) and is a very pretty colour.
Very happy!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this color....it comes out on me exactly as the color shown on the model. It's dirt cheap, doesn't dry my hair out and doesn't have that strong odor since it's ammonia free. I buy it at Walmart for under $3!!! Amazing!! :) ... UPDATE: just got a ton of compliments on this at a recent Xmas party :))) ...no one could believe my color was from a box! Everyone kept asking me what salon I go to...tee..hee...hee ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had colored my hair black last year around May. It's been growing out and fading since then but there was an obvious line where my natural color was and the old black started. A friend told me about a less harsh creme lightener to bleach my hair and it worked pretty well lifting the old black and did my roots a bright yellow. After some searching I decided to buy two boxes of the Dark Blonde color because I didn't want bleach blonde.

It stains white shirts brown and your hair looks like it's going brown during the process, but after washing and blow drying my hair is the most beautiful light auburn, strawberry blonde. This color took away all the brassy orange look and I am in love with my hair now. Plus the price cannot be beat.

The plastic gloves are cheap but I can't complain, that's the only negative.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this is great color!! it's more of a light, almost goldish brown than blonde. I would definitely use this again, but I think I will try a medium blonde next :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by kiki105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Colorsilk Dark Blonde is one of my favorite hair colors. I've used it twice now, once on medium blonde hair that had gone too gold, and once on reddish blonde hair that had gone orange/brassy. It is GREAT for neutralizing those unwanted colors.

Be warned, though, it does start off a bit on the light brown side. But it's not TOO dark (other brands' dark blondes are way darker!), and it fades to dark blonde after a few washes.

I recommend this color! It's a cheap way to get the brass out, and leaves you with gorgeous color!

(I have also read that the Dark ASH Blonde is considerably darker, which is why I recommend this instead)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No