April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T Studio Heated Clip Setter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have curly hair I use these on dry brushed (aka frizzy) hair to give me a large curl that is less frizzy and more manageable that my natural curl. It works really well. The rollers heat up quickly and there are way more than I need for my mid back length, thick hair. It helps if you use a setting spray first to help hold your curl (I like matrix thermal active setting spray), I also use a heat protectant before use (cherry bomb). The curls are a little tight and not great looking at first but they fall enough after a short period to give me the look I am after. I hairspray lightly after curl gets to wear I want it to stay. For a cheap roller set this is perfect for me! Only downside is I burn the crap out of my fingers when rolling up my hair. This might just be me though. Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have all three of the Remington Pearl curling wands and I love them, especially the bigger round version. They make my hair hold curl like nothing else ever has. I usually use a set of 5 big Conair rollers when I want to just add volume and curl my ends, but I decided to get this set in the hopes that it would be as awesome as the wands to give me all over curls by a faster, easier method.

These did not work for me. For reference, my hair is a few inches above my waist, medium thickness, undyed, and if left to air-dry, is that sort of half-ass wavy texture. So of course all of our hair is different and your results with this set may be different than mine.

The good:
Two sizes of curlers and only slightly different in size, so none of that jumbo curls and little corkscrews mess to worry about.
Packaging - the base for the curlers is solidly built and set up well to heat the curlers. It is big - sort of like curler bleachers - but it looks fairly nice taking up all that space on the counter. ;)
The curlers and clips are great. The curlers don't get so hot that they burn you and they have a velvet finish that promotes smoothness instead of causing frizz or tangles. The clips heat up a bit also, which is a nice bonus, hold the curl in place reasonably well, and if used properly, don't cause much of a hair dent.
Heat up time is 90 seconds minimum but 3-5 minutes are suggested for best results. I always let them heat up for five minutes.
There are twenty rollers, which is more than enough. I did sections proportional to the roller size and would usually still have 4-5 left over.

The kicker:
You pull your curls out - I would usually wait between 6-10 minutes - and they look pretty good. Soft, loose, pretty princess curls. But they don't stay worth a damn. Even with hairspray, I lost most of the curl within about 45 minutes of taking them out, sometimes less. Without shellacking with product, which I'm just not willing to do, my hair went from curled to straight-ish in no time. My big 5 rollers that aren't intended to REALLY curl hold a curl on the ends better and for longer than these do, which goes to show how much of a retention failure these are. Totally disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What can I say about these? I have had two hot roller sets that were never that great. The last one I had did not have enough rollers for my hair. The roller sizes were super wonky as well. I had four huge ones, and 8 tiny ones. My hair never turned out right. That and the clips were always horrid. Yeah, I can go shell out more money for better clips. I shouldn't have to, though! I gave these sets away.

I finally caved in buying this set. They were SUPER affordable, and all of the rollers seemed to be nearly the same size. I found out that the rollers come in two different sizes once I opened the box, but they're not significantly different, like my other set was. There are more than enough rollers for my hair in this kit as well, no matter what size I choose. YES!

I have read other reviews on other sites where people complain about the heat. They're hot rollers. They will get hot... it's kind of the point. If you tend to be sensitive to heat, you can always wear a hair styling, heat glove. I have had no problems using them normally, and touch them glove free. :)

I am so glad I got this set! Best rollers I have ever had, or even tried! I curl my hair at night (no product), and in the morning, I wake up like I had a professional blow out. When I don't sleep on my curls, they last all day. I have a hard time holding style in my hair, and I have yet to have a problem with these. On top of that, the clips are awesome and effortless! No more hair crinks, and I don't have to literally put my clips back together like previous ones (that always broke after the first use).

Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this product only has 5 reviews so far! I think this is an amazing set, I've had mine for about 3 years and totally love them since the first day. I have thick long hair, which I let air dry, once dried I heat up the rollers for a couple of minutes, put them on my hair and take them off in 5-10 minutes. VoilĂ ! Pretty waves and no more freeze ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this roller set because it has more rollers than most, 20 rollers. Also, I love the pink color and it looked easy to use. My hair is very thick and hits the small of my back. The first time I tried this, I was buzzed on 2 glasses of wine and figured playing with my new hot rollers was a great idea. I just quickly wrapped my hair haphazardly in the rollers, not really paying attention to what I was doing. I did fumble with the clips, they can be slippery suckers. I let them set for 15 mintues and I took them out. My hair was so lovely with volume and soft waves. I was pretty shocked since I wasn't really trying that hard and I had washed my hair that day with no products used. Usually, day old hair curls better for me. Because my hair was clean, the waves didn't really hold for very long and I had flat hair again in a few hours. The second time I used this, I took it more serious and was drinking coffee instead so I was focused. The results were better the second time around. First, I made sure I had day old hair and I lightly sprayed a volume formula hair spray all over before I put the rollers in. I left the rollers in for 20 minutes and the results were more defined curls that lasted about 5 hours before they started to fall. After taking the rollers out, I kind of did a light brushing through them with a vent brush. I liked that my curls were soft but also frizz free. The curls were big and voluminous and natural looking. I got a much different look with this roller set than I would with a curling iron. Also, the clips didn't leave dents in my hair maybe because it is thick. On the Ulta site, I noticed people with fine hair had this common problem. I think if my hair was shorter, my curls would have lasted a bit longer. So, overall I do like this roller set and it was a great deal at $39.99! This roller set is so much easier and faster than if I curled my hair w/ a curling iron. My only complaint is that I wish my hair stayed curled for longer but that isn't the product's fault.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this a few years and I really like these curlers, the curl lasts a long time in my hair and the hair sets quickly. I have to be careful not to leave them in too long or my hair gets too curly. I bought 2 sets to have enough of the larger size rollers to do my entire head in them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

i really wanted to try this hot roller set out, so my hubby decided to surprise me with it! I was so stoked to use it!This product is easy to use. You just line up the rollers on the metal band (with the clip attached) and wait a few minutes, like 5. This heats up real quick but doesnt burn your ffingers when you put them in. I havent played with this enough times, but I got the hang of it after my first try with these. I like the idea of the clips, but felt like they left a crease when I took the rollers out. You have to be careful if you have a lot of layers as it can get tricky. If you use the big roller and you have small layers, you get more of a volume effect rather than the curl. The small curlers give a beautiful curl to my hair! When I took them out, they were a bit bouncy, but throughout the day, the loosen up and become wavy. I do like this set, but I know it will take me some practice to get the right idea to fit my hair style. Overall, I like these rollers & my hair wasnt damaged =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fine thin hair. Just getting rollers to stay in without sliding out can be difficult. I purchased this set because I wanted rollers that were soft and I like the kind of clips that it comes with. If you buy hot rollers and they don't come with the kind of clips that you want, head over to Sally's Beauty supply and buy some to use. Anyway, the clips on these are heated as well and they can cause dents in the hair if care isn't taken. I use very small pieces of hair to roll, let it set for 3-4 minutes MAX and then unroll. If I were to let them sit longer, I'd be little orphan annie all day. I also don't use product in my hair aside from Aveda's heat protection spray and I end up with nice body and curl. These are nice rollers, a little big and cumbersome on the counter, but very effective and easy to use.

For a good tutorial on how to use hot rollers, visit this youtube video:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For years I have wanted to try hot rollers. I always thought they looked too good to be true. My hair never wants to hold a curl unless I shalaq it with 20 pounds of hair spray. Plus I was scared of hot rollers after seeing the giant silver space ship looking ones my aunt Liz wore to bed when I was a kid. They looked painful. I saw this set at Target for $40 and I bought them. I liked them because they were in a nifty black case and they each had their own hair clip. The first time I tried it, I don't even think I brushed my hair out. I did it half assed. I grabbed clumps of hair and rolled half heartedly. The directions said they would set in 15 minutes. I unrolled them after the 15 minutes and I was shocked. I had the most beautiful curls and my hair looked awesome. I didn't even try and it turned out wonderful. The curls held for hours without hairspray. My hair never will hold a curl but by some miracle, this worked. I have recommended these rollers to everyone. My 15 year old niece bought a set and she loves them even more than I do. She uses them everyday before school and with the big sexy hair hairspray, her curls will last all day. I can't say enough good things about these curlers. This is the longest review I've ever written on something so you know I am excited about it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No