DHC Rose Beauty Gel Foundation Q10

3.0

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love the packaging of this foundation. It has a cute little screw on top shaped like a rose and comes in my favorite color: pink! This foundation claims to be suitable for dry skin.

As for the product itself: because it is marketed towards Asian skin, it has a warm undertone, and it smells very pleasant - of roses of course - as I believe it contains rose oil. The consistency is rather oily but remains light. It is quite weightless. The coverage is sheer to medium. It evens out my skin quite well but for blemishes you will need a good concealer. The downside to this foundation is that because it contains rose oil, the pigment and the oil tend to separate and you end up with a very chalky dry looking base with a shiny layer of oil on top. It is not moisturising at all as the oil does not sink into your skin: it sits on top and ends up feeling uncomfortable and greasy, and looking chalky.

I once used Benefit's Dr Feelgood balm primer underneath this...huge mistake! It made the foundation look terrible, patchy and dry and led to it separating even more! Altogether I was a little let down. The good thing about the gel is that it has a very high SPF rating. I really don't know who would like this foundation: it is too chalky for dry skin, and too greasy for oily skin . I would advise anyone to give this a miss.

The bottle is a very lovely rose design. It is a screw top bottle so might not be the favourite for everyone. It does come with a little spatula. I usually just scoop enough to coat the surface. It is very moisturizing and very long lasting. Also has a faint rose scent. I've used this foundation for quite a few years and I have received compliments on how radiant and flawless my skin is.
P.S. I believe this is a LE product and was only released in Japan and certain regions in Asia. What a pity it was a terrific product.