April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Atlantic Blue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this color on a whim because it looked like such a unique and interesting color. While it didn't end up being the bright blue I had hoped (it applies much more blueberry than cobalt), it does make a great addition to my eye shadow collection from MAC. I like blending it with other shades (this + Sketch = the most amazing purple) to create complex custom shades and adding to other brighter shades to give dimension and shading. I'm still looking for that elusive cobalt blue shadow but this is a lovely matte blueberry shadow that is very versatile because it is buildable.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Bumster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this e/s secondhand. It was from a palette, so I didn't get the full packaging.

I'm very disappointed by this color. The color in the pot is really nice. But if I put it on my eyelid you can hardly see anything. It has no color payoff. I thought it is more intensive than this and would be the perfect royal blue eyeshadow. That's why I don't like to use it.

And YES, I tried it with a base, it didn't work as well. So, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Atlantic Blue is an awesome mid-tone bright primary blue (not to light, not to dark or smokey) sometimes it seems to have a SLIGHT violet undertone. This looks SOOOO pretty on the outer corners OR the crease to add depth/contrast with lighter blues, teals & greens. Also is perfect for a pop of color on the lower lash line. The pigmentation is extreme use a dense shader or pencil brush to pack on color it applies semi opaque but easily builds to maximum intensity with MINIMAL effort. When I want to blend this shadow I just take a fluffy brush swirl it into the e/s. Then blend it on the harsh edges that helps make a gradual fade to those who claim to have trouble blending. I don't understand why this shadow doesn't have higher ratings this is a must have blue smooth texture, applies evenly & doesn't fade or change color. Use ANY white sticky base ( I use nyx jumbo pencil in milk) on top of a water proof base like UDPP or mac painterly PP to give the shadow something to adhere to.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I borrowed this from my friend last night, and had such high hopes for this awesome-looking shadow! It's this beautiful cobalt blue with gold flecks...sounds amazing, right? Well, this shadow has absolutely NO color payoff....so glad I didn't spend any money on this! I started with a primer, and tried to apply this with a brush...it didn't show up. So I switched to my finger...and still, nothing. So I wet my brush and tried again...slightly more, but still dull and not the vibrant pigment that MAC usually puts out. I finally did a smoky eye over this and just covered it up. Don't waste your money on this one...it's a dud.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kgreen23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about this product. I like it, and i use it, but i don't know if i LOVE it. I'll buy it again though. Blending is somewhat difficult and is frustrating so i have to take a lot of time on it. The color is sometimes hard to get color pay-off from, even over a paint pot, but i like it enough to work with it. I normally hate blue eyshadow, but this one is a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always look to MAC for shadows, lately looking for great matte shadows, but atlantic blue fell short for me. As with all mattes , u have to build the color with all mattes i noticed. On me this barely shows after building it up and up...hmmm, maybe i need a different base..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not very happy i purchased this color, it does not look on me the way it looks in the pot. Lets just say ill have to find a good base to make it apply better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

I love this color - I just wish it would stay more like the color in the pan instead of turning so dark on me (NC20). The texture is finely milled and it's very nicely pigmented - it just happens to turn into a very dark and muddled color although I have noticed that putting it over a pure white base with a lot of coverage tends to help out a lot. I still love it and would buy it again so as to keep my pallet restocked - it's just not my favorite jewel tone blue.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Tishkaminx

Love this shadow. Amazing colour- a deep but bright blue. I team with prussian, carbon and elcectra. Don't know why I waited so long to try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh... I dislike the texture, too sheer. I only wear this with the black greasepaintstick (from style black) as a base underneath... it looks hot!