November 22, 2014 | 983 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - EyeStudio Quad in Purple Icon

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by suepea

The pigment of this eye shadow is fantastic! A little goes a long way. Colors are bold, bright, and long lasting. I do not use the applicator that comes with it, i have my own brushes.
ONLY ONE PROBLEM AND IT CAN BE CORRECTED:
I can not travel with this in my pocketbook or make up bag.....each eye shadow falls out of its pallet and the eyeshadow breaks and falls yo pieces. I've owned many of these and several have broken the same way :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely a good drugstore eye shadow worth trying. I love the colors it comes with, and lasts for the whole day. Also, girls with green eyes like myself this is an amazing shadow to compliment your beautiful eyes! :) The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because the packaging is pretty cheap (feels like it could easily snap off)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

After reading many of these reviews, it seems like this was a hit or a miss for everybody... and after doing a little digging, it seems like most the people who didnt like this product- had dark eyes. I agree 100% that these colors looked beautiful on me and made my green eyes pop, while I used them on my sister and the colors fell short against her brown eyes. I liked that the colors came in shades, but aren't SUPER dark- as my skin is way too fair for all that. I dont have a ton of drug store makeup, as I think you get what you pay for... BUT, i really liked these shadows. Just a tip too, for those who are complaining about creasing and the stay power... ESPECIALLY if you wear drug store shadows, its really important to wear primer underneath (i really like urban decays primer potion) and it will help with the creasing and stay power. I find that even the cheapest eye shadows can work just as well as higher end products- just so long as you use a primer first. I have a lot of drug store shadows that I still havent used from my college days, and i dont want to throw them out because they can work well, you just have to apply that extra step. Try this and I can assure you that you will have a better outcome! I will probably not re-purchase this product as my style and choice of makeup has changed through the years, but I would reccomend it to any woman who is looking for a less expensive quad, with a really good selection of color choices (this worked really well with my green/blue eyes), and they had others that would flatter different eye colors as well!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this eyeshadow quad because not only are the shadows very pigmented but the colors are also very flattering. The only bad thing about this quad is the packaging, the clear plastic cover of mine came off within weeks of buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by kittje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the first two shades are gorgeous and make excellent inner corner highlights. the darker two aren't so pigmented and need a lot of packing on to get a decent payment out of them. the lid has broken off for me but i popped it back in place.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purple Icon is a beautiful eye shadow palette that contains: a shimmery white,a grey lilac,a metallic lilac,a shimmery blue-purple. It goes well on the application, it last fairly long,it brings a nice purple-lilac effect to the eyes! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by trinigenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this color studio, it lasts a long time for me, and i have oily skin. usually eye shadows i use fade away with because of my oily skin. i find that maybelline eye shadows do a good job on my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ObsidianAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this quad for quite sometime and I keep going back to it to see if I like it; but it seems that every time I use it, I am more disappointed. the colors are gorgeous; I really love the shimmery white for the inner corner of my eyes. However, despite the gorgeous shades of purple, the staying power is dismal. In order for the color to become opaque, you really have to pack on the powder (not to mention having to apply it throughout the day)and even if you use the best primers, it will crease within minutes. It is very flaky and I had a lot of fallout during application. It is such a shame because the colors really are pretty but there is no sense in purchasing a product when it doesn't last longer than 5 minutes.

Sorry maybelline, I will not be purchasing any of the eyestudio quads in the near future without some drastic quality changes :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this quad. It is very pigmented (a little bit too much for my liking, but that's not a bad thing), buttery and on me, with TFSI underneath, it lasts the whole day withohut any creasing.
I admit the white is a bit too white and shiny, but if I use just a little bit, it looks nice and completes the look.
I wouldn't use the darkest shade in daytime, it's too bright, but it is perfect for a night out.
I think this is great quality for the money, actually I prefer this texture to many of the MAC e/s I own, and I will buy more, probably different shades as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by salopish

Wow some hate it, some love it, I found it pretty! the colors are nice: a dark purple which looks darker in the skin than in the pan (no darkening with a black base required), a bright violet/lavender, a matte and almost tournesol lilac which is meh & a silvery white with glitter that I didn't love as it's very loose when applied but the color is awesome.. If you layer the darkest tone under the violet/lavender the result is amazing!! The thing about this eyeshadows is that they blend so nice and do last on me, the color is as bright as when I applied it (using good brushes, not the silly sponge). It's the first purple shadow set I've owned as that color always look dirty and clownish on me, but this is just great... my boyfriend didn't compliment my makeup but kept saying I looked very pretty that night... so it passed the anti-clown-men-test!!
Thumbs up for this!