September 17, 2014 | 2133 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - The Body Shop - Facial Buffer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've been using this buffer for over 2 years now and its the best £4 I've ever spent! I use this everyday, sometimes alternating between day and night usage. It exfoliates my face gently, but deeply. You can use this with liquid, mousse or cream facial washes and cleansers, but I always use it with my liquid tea tree wash (also from TBS). My skin is much smoother and brighter since incorporating the buffer into my skincare routine, and I notice that my moisturiser sinks in more deeply.

Using the buffer on my skin never feels rough or painful, it's actually a joy! I clean it thoroughly using a bit of my facial wash after each use and store it in a little soap dish. I think I've bought 3 in 2 years - it does lose it's wear after around 6-7 months, which is pretty good going!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybe my skin is just too sensitive for this. If you have normal skin, this would be a fairly good exfoliator, but it just made my dry, flaky skin that much flakier. It felt rough on my skin and very abrasive(not in a good way). Even when I was gentle with it, it ripped the heads off any active acne which has left me with very bad scarring.
My skin is better off with baking soda scrubs or gentle face brushes, and I really wish I hadn't picked it up. I would--maybe--recommend it, but only to people who don't have sensitive, flaky, acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wow..I really wanted this to work for me. People absolutely rave about this little facial buffer. I have sensitive skin, so I was wary and put off buying for a long time. But then the reviews intrigued me, and I saw a youtuber mention that it is scratchy and harsh at first, but if you use it on the back of your hands or legs a few times, it softens considerably and is much easier on the face.

I can be prone to blemishes at that time of the month, and this combined with the fact that it's only £4 and would provide exfoliation (no more having to buy exfoliators?) made me go out and get one. Big mistake - it was way too harsh on my skin, even after softening it up by washing it beforehand. My cheeks turned bright red and almost swollen, literally my face turned beetroot colour and was majorly irritated. I tried a few times, barely pressing my face and just sweeping it over the skin, but the same result occurred.

I also didn't find it very hygienic - I washed as I would wash a makeup sponge afterwards, but I'm a bit picky about hygiene and face products and didn't like having to re-use it.

Really liked the idea of it, unfortunately just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by mejicochica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product due to all the great reviews here on MUA. I was so excited because I thought this may be able to clear up all the black heads around my nose and chin that for I've had for about 4 years.

My forehead also used to be covered in little pimples, but cleared up about a year ago. My chin was also absolutely terrible for quite some time with giant pimples (and blackheads) when I started washing my face with honey, my face started to clear up a lot (Blackheads were still there, but pimples were all gone!) And my skin looked the best it had in years. Then I started using the facial buffer. I used it for about 2 weeks straight. I used it almost everyday (just like a lot of other people here on MUA) My chin started to have a MAJOR freak out, my cheeks started to break out (which hardly ever get acne) and my forehead started to get little pimples on it everywhere. Which haven't happened for almost a year! And my skin is not the sensitive type. So, what I'm trying to say, is DONT buy this product please!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Anubha101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this from a body shop store yesterday! It is just WOW! I cannot recommend this enough! I don't think I will ever need any of those scrubs anymore! Even if I do, I would only use the scrub once in a week, bcoz just using this buffer with a normal facewash, works wonders! My face has never felt cleaner - not even after looong facial care regime! I have used from the normal to those high end products, including clinique and estee lauder, they are good in their own rights, but when you have this buffer, their is no need for those high end scrubs and cleansers and face wash etc..No need to waste so much money on those products! Because it removes even the slightest trace of dirt and dead skin from your face. I know to some, it might feel as if it's too harsh on your skin but I feel that really depends on how hard you rub it against your skin! Just 2-3 rounds of rub across the face does it for me! So how you use it and with what pressure is really up to you, but, I can vouch for this product, that it's just amazing! It's great for travel too, I can put it in my travel makeup kit and off we go! I was always concerned of carrying that extra bottle of scrub and those products, but with this - I can easily ditch the scrub! Atleast for my travels! Otherwise, once in a week, scrubing the face is now enough for me, when previously, I would scrub atleast three times.

Also I would like to mention that some people might alternately wanna use this buffer once or twice a week, becoz you may feel, it's too harsh - well it's not, its actually cleaning off the grime off of your face, and you control how hard you rub it on your face, so I dont think that should ever be an issue! Infact, you will love how your skin breathes after you try this buffer, even if just once! I personally like to use it daily, becoz now not only is my face clean, but there are no blackheads on my nose anymore - something which would only go, if I maintained scrubbing daily. But now even if I use this buffer for a day, and then skip it for two days, and travel out - then also my nose is sparkling clean :P

Like I said, I could go on and on about this - but take my word for this - for this price - you can't get such an AWESOME PRODUCT! TRY IT! YOU WILL just LOVE IT :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by paulinemel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this little face buffer. I have only used it twice and already it leaves my skin feeling really soft, softer than with other expensive exfoliators I use. I use it with my foaming cleanser at night. It feels quite rough on first use, but leaves skin glowing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by neonunicornz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. I am VERY impressed with this buffer. It has actually cleared up my acne. I honestly cannot believe it. I have been using the Skintactix regimen for about a year and my skin has improved significantly, but I would still have between 3-6 zits on my face at any given time (which was a HUGE improvement from before) or some redness or irritation. I started using this buffer about a month ago. At first I used it 3 times a week. Now I use it daily (which is probably too much). My skin is amazingly soft. I have no actual zits on my face and the redness has calmed down.

This buffer + Skintactix have given me the clearest skin I have had for over 5 years!!

I feel like I need to go stock up on these just in case!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sophie1695

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! I love this stuff this is my CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT PRODUCT.
My acne is almost gone because of this buffer.

I use this with my Clarins shea butter cleanser (I have dry skin) and use the buffer for about 3-4 min. After that I rinse my face with water..
And my face is so so soft and smooth and bright.. ! I just love this!!
And it is so cheap !

I DON'T think I need a clarasonic because this stuff is amazing!
You have nothing to loose if you buy this :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

AmAzing facial buffer like a face sponge I can use this with a gentle clanser really softens face I cant beleive I did not find this sooner instead of wasting money on exfoliators hats dont agree with my skin - can see product working v v good can be washed- well recommended and worth it. leaves skin feeling clean can be used dry (with creeam cleanser) or damp I think better when face it damp/wet- v v good.

I was skeptical at first when using this due to my sensitive skin- better than any other product I can use my own cleanser without worrying about any harsh chamicals /breakouts in exfoliators- THE KEY IS TO USE LIGHTLY

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I bought this a few days ago after the raving reviews left on here. I've been looking for a product or item to use on my skin which will make a difference. I exfoliate my face when I remember but I needed something a bit more intense. I've only used it once and the next morning when I woke up my skin was bright and fresh. I will use it again tonight. I don't have particularly sensitive skin but I noticed some people said this can be harsh on sensitive skin due to the texture. It's actually not as corse as I expected so I can go a bit heavier with my hand. I will definitely repurchase once this becomes grubby and worn.