Cover FX Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment

2.8

on 8/19/2014 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oily, acne prone, and sensitive here. Bought this at Sephora and was so excited about it, but it made me break out. Upon closer review, there are several highly noncomedogenic ingredients so it's no surprise. Wish I had figured that out before putting it on my face!

on 8/19/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I believe this primer has caused my skin to break out as of late. The point of this primer is to help with acne and problematic skin, not exacerbate or cause acne flareups! Plus this primer is heavy on the skin, doesnt give a silky feel like other primers. Quite sticky. I returned it to Sephora yesterday

on 5/6/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have very oily and acne prone skin. This did not control oil at all and may have broke me out as well.

on 3/29/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Meh. I don't really notice much of an effect on my skin for priming makeup. It might help a bit with acne control, but it's hard to tell. Won't buy again.

on 3/5/2014 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received this as a gratis from the Cover Fx rep in my area. I have issues with my nose becoming oily throughout the day, so she assured me this would be the best product to mattify that area (she offered me the concealer or this primer to try, and stupidly I picked the primer). On my hand, this primer mattified beautifully, on my nose, it definitely makes it appear shinier. Due to the salicylic acid in this primer, I have to be careful of how often I use it because it can dry out my skin. I can also only use it on my nose and chin, because the rest of my face is extremely dry. More often than not, I just skip this primer and use my smashbox oil free primer all over. It does however have a place in my skin care routine as a spot treatment for the few spots I get here and there. I will not repurchase as I am not particularly oily or acne prone, and it doesn't really mattify well.

on 3/4/2014 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Worst primer ever!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!! Does not help with acne at all, made my skin break out worst than it has ever in my life!! So upset I allowed the saleswoman to talk me into trying it!!! DO NOT BUY!!! SMALL PIMPLES EVERYWHERE BECAUSE OF THIS PRODUCT!!! NOT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN, OR ACNE PRONE SKIN, OR ANYONE'S SKIN!!! I WISH I COULD UPLOAD A PIC OF HOW CLEAR I WAS BEFORE THIS PRODUCT!!! I WILL NEVER TRY THIS BRAND AGAIN!!

on 12/25/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have very oily skin in my t zone area. I bought this product after a sephora sales girl recommended it. It doesn't give my skin a matte finish at all.

on 10/3/2013 2:13:00 AM

No oil control in fact made me look worse. Broke me out in cysts and regular pimples. So what is the point? Not matte. Makes acne worse. Too heavy on my oily skin. Doesn't make pores look any better. Wack lol.

on 9/28/2013 5:28:00 PM

There was a time when I was obsessed with Cover FX products, however as I've gotten older and learned more about products that are good/bad for you, and started paying more attention to the health of my skin, I begun to hate their products. This used to be by go to product probably only because it made my skin feel soft when I put it on BUT it only stayed soft while I was putting it on... two minutes later my skin would be SUPER dry! even if it was nice and moisturized before I put it on. It also doesn't do anything to help with acne (in fact, I'm pretty sure its broken me out a few times)....

on 8/12/2013 5:55:00 PM

This was a really bad primer for me. My skin has broken out in acne, and the whole purpose of why I bought it was because of its anti-acne treatment. My skin is prone to break outs and I take care of it as much as I can, but with this product, my skin has been really bad. It was a waste of money and I had to buy my trusty Makeup Forever HD Primer. I don't recommend this primer at all.