August 27, 2014 | 1631 users online

Cleansers - Soap & Glory - The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

When I first used this, wow my skin looked amazing. But two weeks later, deep spots flared up - just like some other reviewers- and they won't clear :( It's too strong for people with sensitive skin. May I suggest for people that found this too harsh: skyn Iceland - glacial face wash is the only cleanser that works for my sensitive skin. Use the same way - rubbing for 90 seconds and remove with hot cloth. Voila! Clean skin with no nasty after effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by beautybash90

I'm not really sure I would want to buy this product again. It was perfect, good consistency, smelled gorgeous, made my skin feel lovely, brilliant ingredients. But for the price you hardly get any! X

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

As someone who likes to try new things, I was intrigued by the new range of hot cloth cleansers popping up all over the beauty market. I've heard of the Liz Earle one which everyone seems to favour, but didn't want to spend that much money on something that I might not like and which might not agree with my skin. So when I saw this on offer in Boots recently I decided to give it a go.

Unfortunately, as with all the other S&G products I've tried so far (expect the One Heck of Blot face powder) I really didn't like this one bit. I've been using it on and off for well over 2 months and in that time have seen no visible improvements to my skin. This claims to take off all your makeup (you have to massage it for 60 seconds then leave it to 'work' before wiping it off with the cloth provided) but I found I still had to use an additional eye makeup remover afterwards to ensure I got every last scrap off. And I'm not someone who goes in for wearing loads of makeup on a daily basis so it wasn't like it was having to remove loads of the stuff!

Finally, the scent. The best way to describe this is musty - like old sport socks at the bottom of a bag. I can't quite put my finger on what the overriding scent is, but I think it's lavender which isn't one of my favourite scents at the best of times. But when you factor in that you have to leave this on your face once you've massaged it in, it's quickly become something I don't look forward to or enjoy using.

I'm persevering with this and will use it up as I hate to waste products I've specifically purchased to try, but I definitely won't be getting this again. This was around the 10.00GBP mark when I bought it, but looking at the S&G website it doesn't seem to be available anymore, so I'm wondering if they've now discontinued it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently went into hot cloth cleansers since i have been reading up on "oily but dehydrated" skin and found that after reading from beautymouth.com (hirons), my skin has become this way in my 30's. Since I am in the US, it is harder to obtain Emma Hardie and other cleansing balms so i decided to try this since it was 10$ at sephora (and a similar formulation to Liz Earle's). I also ordered Ren's purity balm to compare the two. I won't re-iterate the product's description but i must say, it has made my skin really supple on the first try and i am hooked! I LOVE cleansing with it (I use washcloths with hot water and put it on my face then repeat x2 until all of the makeup has been patted off) because it really removes all of my make-up and after using it for a few days, i feel that if i do not cleanse with it, i notice my pores more. It hydrates but does not make me oily and i realize that my skin has become more normal and balanced. I have hormonal acne around my chin area and was starting to creep up on my lower cheeks and it has calmed it down as well. I do double cleanse with a non-foaming cleanser afterwards. Compared to Ren's purity balm, I would repurchase this. Not only for its cost-effectiveness, but i grab this more and i feel that when i use Ren, it does not leave my skin as supple and it feels a bit filmy/oily after. Overall, I am glad i discovered it and I look forward to washing my face at night, which makes me feel like i had a facial spa at home :) Also, this has been discontinued and reformulated into Ultimelt... same ingredients but ultimelt does not have the methylparaben:)

UPDATE: I had a horrible breakout and had to switch to ones without the essential oils as i noticed that when i wash with it, it stings/burns around the corners of my mouth and near my nose... I am so sad because it worked for a whole month! Downgraded the lippies...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by mog12

I love this! I've been using it for about 6 months now and it is truly amazing. I have combination skin and big pores everywhere! This stuff shrinks them - I realise that when I'm lazy and don't use the cleanser at night that my pores are much more visible. It doesn't make me oily or dry Fab! As an addition it has now been revamped and is called 'Ultimelt' I nearly couldn't find it at the weekend as there's nothing to state that the name has changed! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ac21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this. I have used Liz Earles hot cloth cleanser for years and picked this up as it was on offer and thought it was work giving a go. It's amazing and one of the best high street cleansers I have used. I have oily skin however this was moisturising and took all my makeup off without feeling heavy and actually helped with my skins oillyness which I didn't think possible. Trying to repurchase but can't find it in any of my nearby boots stores!! Try in you won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the cloth that it came with...I will use it until I run out but won't repurchase. I have oily skin and like my face to feel squeaky clean after I wash (but not tight). This made my skin feel too soft...almost a coated/waxy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really great. I love balm/oil cleansers and have tried all the major ones. Recently I picked this up in boots for 14 because I couldn't yet afford the Emma Hardie cleansing balm and was surprised by how gentle and effective it was. It also comes with an included muslin cloth which i think is a nice touch although i still prefer to use a flannel. I'm on to my second tube of this and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I think this could be my new favourite cleanser. And from 'Soap and Glory' - a brand that I dismissed as merely a fun bath/shower range, and never a 'serious' skincare contender!!!!
I love hot cloth cleansers for p.m. cleansing, and my two favourites (that I've had on rotation now for the past few years) are Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and Elemis Pro-Radiance.
I tried this version out of mild curiosity when there was a 3-for-2 on at Boots (along with the Sanctuary hot cloth cleanser - which was ineffective at deep cleansing and actually clogged my pores).
It has a remarkably similar ingredients list to that of the Liz Earle version - little more difference other than a higher glycerin content, a different blend of essential oils and the addition of a paraben.
Nevertheless, Soap and Glory has always struck me as a style over substance brand, so I didn't have high hopes.
However, I was soon converted! I found the product left my skin super clean but supple. It even looked and felt slightly firmed and toned. I was a bit afraid that the essential oils would sting my eyes (as warned of on the packaging), but it was nothing a little splash of water didn't fix. It removed full makeup and, by leaving it on for 2 minutes, I felt like my face was undergoing a treatment, too. The cloth is quite abrasive when compared with my usual soft Liz Earle muslins, but it did the job without irritation (unlike the Sanctuary cloth, which merely smeared the product and my makeup over my face). All in all, a wonderful find and I've already repurchased.

Pros: thick paste texture (which is comfortable and non-sticky, and doesn't run); multiple purpose (makeup remover, deep-cleanser, exfoliator when used with the muslin cloth, and treatment mask); quality ingredients, including essential oils that give it a lovely smell; reasonable price (especially when on offer at Boots)

Cons: I suppose the essential oils might sting some eyes (though I'm a contact lens wearer and have suffered no issues); muslin cloth is more abrasive than some (though it softens up after a few washes in the washing machine); obviously won't suit everyone. I'd recommend it to normal/combination/oily skins - the essential oils might make it a bit much for sensitive types; would be easier to use if it had a pump like the Liz Earle and Elemis versions.

FAB PORE INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Synthetic Beeswax, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben

[NB LIZ EARLE CLEANSE & POLISH INGREDIENTS for comparison purposes: Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.]

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second bottle of this now. It's one of those products I wanted to buy again as soon as I'd run out. It's easily the best cleanser I have used, but I don't usually use it as a cleanser, I use it as more of a face mask a few times a week. I prefer cleansers to be a wash where as this is a cream and I don't like creams for removing make up, they get my eyes all sticky. I leave the cleanser on for a few mins and ta da hello much better looking face! Dont really know how it does it but skin looks much smoother, more even and looks like you have had a lot of beauty sleep! The cloth is nice although I think it is a bit unhygienic unless you wash it every time you use it. Otherwise it will just sit there soggy! Ew