October 31, 2014 | 1644 users online

Fragrance - Coty - Stetson cologne

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I was able to test this at my local CVS before buying it blindly based on Turin & Sanchez' (Perfumes: The Guide) 4-star review. I was so ready for an affordable and delicious unisex Oriental. Instead, I got Youth-Dew meets stale margarita. There is something in this that triggers my olfactory horror center in the same way as Youth-Dew and Tabu, two of my most-hated scents. I think it's the funky jasmine. The lavender/citrus top notes don't help matters for me, as they have the feel of bathroom freshener that is trying to cover certain bathroom odors. I gave two lippies regardless, because I know on some level it's not Stetson, it's me. I just hate this type of fragrance... but if you like it, a $10 bottle of Stetson should scratch the itch more cheaply than Youth-Dew.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by tsth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was very surprised with this fragrance. Sampled at Walmart and found it to be very rich, warm, powdery woods. I love this on dh and sometimes will spritz on myself. Such a pleasant find...it's one of my favorites on dh. It's better than you'd think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an amazingly rich, deliciously warm, inviting scent! It reminds me exactly of the pipe tobacco my grandfather used to smoke with maybe a tinge of citrus at the top. I've wasted time/money trying to recapture that smell and all along it's been right under my nose (pardon the pun) for next to nothing! Scentdirect.com categorizes it as an Ambery Oriental- along with Chaps, Royal Copenhagen, Obsession for men and Sagamore. It is very affordable- I got my .75 oz bottle for $10 (after holidays you probably can get it at clearance price). Longevity is amazing- 2 spritzes lasted a good 6-7 hours on me so apply sparingly or it can become nauseating. On clothing the scent will last for several days! While I enjoy wearing it myself- I certainly wouldn't object to capturing whiffs on man walking by!
Pay no mind to other reviews you may read on other sites about this scent being for "rednecks" and "trailer trash" and other offensive rubbish. Let your nose decide- it will thank you!
Notes per Scentdirect.com
Top: Bergamot oil, clary sage oil, lavender, lemon, lime
Middle: Carnation, Cedarwood oil, Geranium, Jasmin, Orris, Patchouli, Vetiver