July 22, 2014 | 2225 users online

Deodorants - The Body Shop - DeoDry Stick, Chilled & Breezy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this deodorant for over a year, and I love it! I only use the stick once a day after showering and one stick lasts me months. I have a very physical job, and this stick definitely helps to prevent sweating and odor. It also lasts all through out the day. Another great thing is that it is clear. No worrying about deodorant marks on your clothing. It also doesn't contain any aluminum. I love this deodorant and really don't have any complaints about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

To begin with, I am not someone who perspire a lot. I like the fact that this deo stick does not stain, which means that I can immediately dress up without staining. It comes in a unisex scent, which is OK with me.

However, my gripe here is that it does not keep the armpit area 'dry'- like what other conventional deodorants ! Not sure if its attributed to the fact that it is aluminium free. Well, I guess we can't have the best of both worlds then, can we ?

If you're wearing this for sports, or is naturally perspires heavily.... save yourself some face, and get a more heavy-duty one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Sraahz1

I love the fact that this deodorant really does the job. It prevents you from sweating a lot. It has a relatively strong scent but it fades away. The price is not so high, and you can do a long time with it. I would recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the body shop products, especially their body butters, but this, oh my oh my, wish reading reviews here first. Yes, like others, this deodorants actually makes me smells worst compared if I were to use nothing at all. I tried the green one and the blue one, the green one emits a more offensive odor than the blue one, nonetheless both makes me stinks to high heaven :(. Sorry TBS, give you one lippie for trying to make an alumunium free deodorants

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by veybee

I must say, I currently live in conditions (dry, cold weather) where a good deodorant is not an absolute necessity; that ,or I don't really sweat a lot. This deodorant proved to do its job pretty well, along with having a really nice scent (As a note, I got the pink one)! Also, it didn't itch or burn on my really sensitive skin. I'd also recommend it for its cheap price (for a Body Shop product, that is) and natural ingredients too. However, by seeing the rather low average, I must be in the minority. I suppose that it's a rather convenient deodorant, but not quite for intense heat!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Bababo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using an organic deoderant for a while and it stopped working so I tried the body shop's deo dry (nice price) and maybe because my last deoderant was so bad, I'm pleasently surprised by the deo dry. It does smell a bit strong at first, but I like the smell, and it does fade down. I went for a run with it and it didn't get gunky and I only sweated a little bit. It is definately controlling my sweat! Its like magic I didn't know a deoderant could actually work. And I didn't have to reapply it during the day, which I usually do all the time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly I found that this deodorant worked pretty well for me. When making a switch to natural deodorants, you have to let your body go through detox mode. With antiperspirants, the aluminum compound swells up the sweat glands, which prevents sweating. But over time, it will remained blocked and would turn into a painful cyst. Well that was the case for me. Basically it takes at least a week for the body to detox and excrete the antiperspirant from the formerly clogged gland. Hence why you should do this in the winter.

Anyways I was looking for a natural deodorant because my old standby antiperspirant Degree was irritating my armpits and turning it dark and I would have at least two painful cyst developing in my arm pit. It would get so bad that it would prevent me from sleeping. So in desperation, I was looking for a deodorant that made my armpit inhospitable for bacteria but not interfere with my sweat glands normal function. I have tried various of deodorants but some of them was too sticky, didn't mesh well with my body chemistry or didn't work for me. I was ready to order a deodorant online till I found out about DeoDry line from The Body Shop. I bought all three fragrances to try it out.

The green one did not mesh well with my body chemistry and I usually dig sage scents. I guess it was due to what I ate *shrugs*. The blue one smelled okay, very unisex. But my favorite one has to be the pink one. I guess I am a sucker for flowery scents. It worked at most for me four hours before I reapply again. What really helped me was taking some chlorophyll tablets to neutralize any internal odor and wearing this. It reduce my BO greatly. Thankfully I found a place where I can get it slightly cheaper so I am happy about that. I still want to try Bumble and Bee before finding my ideal deodorant.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I'm saddened by the low ratings for this. I truthfully thought I would be wasting my money buying this as I've always had trouble finding a deodorant that worked for me. I had been using Secret for a number of years, but wanted something not tested on animals or with any chemicals. I find the scent to be a bit too manly for me, but hey if it works it works! And it does, so I'm not complaining. Wish they had more scents though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This just did not work very well. Has a weird feeling to it and doesn't last long. Smells great while it is working though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by gingersparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

1 lippie for the scent.
The scent of the deodorant, not the scent of the person wearing it, cause the person wearing it is going to stink! At least after about 4 hours.
It worked well about 4 hours after I put it on. But it just seemed to give out.
I always anticipate having to reapply "natural" deodorant. But this is the only one I have to reapply continuously.
There are way better ones out there!