3LAB WW Cream

2.0

on 10/24/2012 8:40:00 PM

This is actually a review of 3LAB Perfect Neck Cream. I bought a sample (overpriced at $36) to try this as I had never tried this brand before. I went to 3LAB's website and it doesn't have any back-up documentation for the testing they claim they did. I emailed this company to ask questions about their testing and they never responded, even after I sent a follow-up email. So...if they can't be bothered to inform the consumer about their products yet want the consumer to pay an EXCESSIVE price - it spells RIPOFF to me! By the way, I used up the .2 oz tiny sample in only 4 applications on my neck. It didn't do a dang thing - save your money!

on 4/26/2010 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got a 0.5 oz. jar of this in a 3Lab sampler set and, since I love the eye cream, I decided to try this first. I'm relieved to say that, having used the whole jar (which lasted at least two months - probably closer to three), I'm not so fond of it that I will spend $400 for the full-sized jar. This is a thick, rich cream (it contains a lot of shea butter - fourth on the ingredient list) that makes a lot of claims. Let me address them one by one:

Combats facial lines: I saw no difference beyond the plumping that any good moisturizer does.
Combats wrinkles: see above.
Combats sagging: I don't have much if any, so no comment.
Combats uneven skin tone: this does have skin lightening ingredients like Belides and Glycyrrhiza Glabra, but I noted no overall lightening or specific lightening of the spots of melasma I have.
Combats dryness that leads to dullness: yes, it moisturizes well, but you sure need to exfoliate as well.

One thing I did notice was that I seemed to have fewer pillow creases on my face in the morning (you know, the kind that last for an hour when you reach a certain age) and they disappeared more quickly.

Disclaimer: 3Lab says you get the best results with twice-daily application. I used it only as a night cream because 1. it has no sunscreen and 2. it's much too heavy to wear under foundation. So, although I may not have gotten the maximum results, I still would not repurchase. It's a good moisturizer, it sure ain't worth $400 or anything near it. I'm going to try the M Cream next.

BTW, 3Lab now has a sampling program on their website and you can find some things on eBay, so do sample before you spring for a full size.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, C10-18 Triglycerides, Isodecyl Salicylate, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Oligopeptide-4, Oligopeptide-5, Arbutin, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Diacetyl Boldine, Coco-Glucoside, Polysorbate 60, Polymethylmethacrylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propyl Gallate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Fragrance (Parfum).