MAC Chromagraphic Pencil NW25/NC30

on 2/19/2015 2:08:00 AM

I get sad of using mine like every day and become somewhat paranoid for when it runs out. Yes, typical makeup junkie problems! But this product is so so amazing, I can't even start describing you how.

Firstly if you are like me and have somewhat medium-sized eyes (not too big, not too small) but want to widen the appearence of them - this pencil on your waterline does magic.
If you love a good bold red or berry lipstick that stains your lips the day after (but you want to use a nude the following day) - this pencil gently applied to all those stained areas again does magic at cancelling them out.
If you ever struggle with your bold lipstick, grab this pencil again and sharpen the edges.
There are endless ways to use this pencil and I think it quickly became my HG product!

For more info on this pencil, you can check this blog post here which gives in-depth info on how you can use it. Hope it helps!

on 2/22/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Oh my goodness I've only had this 2 days and it's already my HG! It's the perfect spot concealer for my skintone, not to mention the perfect colour to line my waterline to give me wide awake eyes! Much more natural than fascinating eye pencil which can look stark. Today, I also used it to conceal a little red birthmark I have on my cheek, and it worked perfectly! I didnt even need to wear tinted moisturiser. This is unheard of! I absolutely love this, I'm planning on getting another one to keep in my handbag for touch ups x

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Perfectly match my skin tone! I'm using it to make bigger my eyes or lips by drawing a contour line. Applying on waterline helps to look more fresh after sleepless nights.
Update: I don't know what happened to this pencil over the time, but it has change it's structure and start oxidise.
Won't repurchase.

on 1/15/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

really hides and conceals the redness of the water line whilst brightening the eyes! Great product! would definately recomend! I use an nc15 foundation yet used the pencil in the darker colour as its more subtle

on 1/6/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This pencil is pretty good. I use it to line my waterline. It does make your eyes appear bigger. The only thing is that if you are a little darker skinner this might look a little stranger. I have to apply very lightly or it will look as if im wearing WHITE eyeliner instead of nude. I have not tried it as a concealer yet.

on 9/30/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Eh the idea of this pencil is good, but it's application does not deliver. This is not very creamy and after dulling the point, it took several applications to try and get full coverage on my waterline and it really irritated my eyes and made them water up. It does make your eyes look bigger but I can't deal with the irritation.

on 9/23/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a pro product that was introduced by MAC in the Pret-a-Papier collection. Although this is a good match for my skintone (I am NW35, so the pencil is a little bit lighter), I mainly use it to line my waterline or cover spots. This is nothing to run home to mom about but a useful product. I just wish i used it more often.

on 5/17/2010 3:58:00 PM

I bought this on impulse - the idea of a multi purpose product that I could keep in my purse was enticing, and apparently worth $17 CDN. And truly, this is quite useful - I can use this for my waterline, especially on days I know I'm just looking haggard and exhausted; as a spot concealer; and as a lipliner/color when I want to cancel out any pink to my lips. I'm NC25, and while not exact, this color works well enough for me to be indistinguishable from actual, bare skin. I like it. I'm not jumping through ceilings trying to find myself a back up, but I'm glad I got it.

on 5/5/2010 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have really oily skin, acne prone and dry skin. i got this because i saw the MA wearing it, it looked good on her, she told me that she wore it at 12pm and i got this at 6pm so basically she wore it for 6hrs? i asked her if she set it wit an eyeshadow or something and the answer was no. so i thought, then it should work with my skin type, my ass, this stuff stayed on my waterline for like less then 2 hrs without setting with anything. same goes with stila kajal in topaz. next time ill set it with something to see hows go.. however, this is good as a brow highlighter and a concealer spot pencil that will give light coverage, but i wouldn't spend $14.5 for a "multipurpose use" pencil that will only can be used in certain areas on my skin type

on 5/4/2010 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I find as I get older that my eyelids are starting to droop so what's a girl to do to look more awake? This is a perfect solution to open up the eye. I line my bottom waterline and smudge on the corner between my tear ducts and bridge of my nose to brighten that area. The pencil is smooth. The drawback is that it doesn't have lasting power. I will need to keep one in my purse.

Top Rated MAC Products