September 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Cleansers - NARS - Makeup Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

The cleansing oil is a guilty pleasure. It is expensive for what it does do but the delicious smell of oranges attracts me. I also find the texture to be better than some of the Shu Uemura cleansing oils I have tried. It does the job and does it well and if you want a cleansing oil that feels luxurious and smells delicious you will probably enjoy this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This cleansing oil is just okay, I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I find that most NARS skincare items to be so-so, and IIRC NARS is owned by Shiseido. I've tried a few cleansing oils (several from Shu, DHC) and I like that this one rinses cleanly without a leftover residue feel. I prefer the DHC over this oil though, because if it's more skin-friendly ingredients while the first ingredient in this one is mineral oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by lis_sing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this for $40 since it was a somewhat cheaper alternative to the Shu oil cleansers that I really wanted to get. It removes makeup well and even removes my kiss me heroine waterproof mascara (which is notoriously difficult to remove!) when I leave it on my eyes for awhile. Smells pleasant, nothing offensive and is slightly thicker than Shu or Kose deep cleansing oil.

However if I do get the oil in my eyes when removing my eye makeup, it STINGS really badly. It hurts and eyes start turning really red. So I'm careful when removing eye mu around my eye and use the oil sparingly around that area. Another thing I hate is the packaging, the pump and screw top leak oil everywhere. Even with the pump in the closed position and the screw top tightly secured, the bottle is oily and there's a pool of oil on my counter. I would never be able to travel with this. Rating this a 2 for waterproof mu removing abilities but I can't handle the stinging and leaking so will NOT repurchase ever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I tried this Nars cleansing oil as it was cheaper than the Nude or Shu Uemura equivalents that I've used before. The ingredients list is very short, it's essentially all mineral oil. I bought it for 29 which initially seems expensive but it's for 200ml, whereas Shu Uemura and Nude you're paying 24ish for 100/150ml, so it does work out cheaper. It did a good job of removing my make up, but it didn't give me the nice skin conditioning that I get with Nude. If you use Shu Uemura, this is a good cheaper alternative, as I didn't find Shu giving me any skin conditioning and it's almost as expensive as Nude. I'd personally just pay the extra and buy the Nude oil as I feel you're paying for not much from Nars. Also, beef with the packaging, why on earth would you scrimp on just putting a cap on a bottle, right out the packet the bottle looks like you've lost your lid which is sad! I use about 2 pumps and remove this with a hot muslin cloth and it comes off fine with no residue. Quite a lot of product comes out per pump actually so I find myself getting through this quickly which decreases its value for money a bit. Overall verdict, ok but not overly impressed, I usually expect more from Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sputnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So the packaging leaks a bit, and it contains mineral oil, but this is still the best oil cleanser I've used (compared to Shu, Mac, Dermalogica, and Muji). I wish they had a smaller version- with a better leak-proof spout for travel.
It smells good-- it has a light scent. It's oily (surprise!), but not greasy. It dissolves makeup quickly (even waterproof mascara), emulsifies milky, and rinses off clean. Although it contains mineral oil, it hasn't affected my skin negatively (and believe me, my skin reacts when it is not happy).
As with all my other oil cleansers, I double cleanse with this one. But unlike some of the others, my cotton pad with toner comes off clean with this one, while it still has some residue with the others even after double cleansing. I'm going back to Nars when my Dermalogica precleanse runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

had this in my stash and finally tried. good thing too as it is a great cleanser on my sensitive skin. did not strip and did not leave oily after film. so far, the best oil based cleanser tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by romance23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this cleansing oil because I didn't want to tug on my eyelids with coton pads anymore. It works great, and lasts a very log time. I use it under the shower or before the shower, and it's great, although I find myself going over my mascara for a second time. Very gentle, I didn't irritate my sensitive skin nor cause any breakouts after 6 weeks of use. It is a bit expensive, but it does the job almost by itself, no more tugging! I would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

The NARS makeup cleansing oil is definitely as good if not better thn the Shu one. Price wise it is very expensive @ $85 AUD and it only serve as a makeup remover for me as I use a cleaner afterwards as well. Having said that it does last a very long time, I bought my bottle NYE 2009 and I still have 1/3 left! I basically take three pumps, rub it all over my face and over my eyemakeup.... before rinsing it off. It does a beautiful job in removing all my makeup and my skin does not feel dry afterwards. In fact sometimes I just take off my makeup with this first when I get home and cleanse my face later at night + follow with skincare routine just before I sleep. Packaging bothers me a little as I find it hard to travel with... but I would def repurchase this...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No