November 29, 2014 | 1171 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Burberry Sport

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ejmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice, inexpensive ($15 at marshall's for 1 oz), fragrance. I'm calling it The Poor Gal's D&G Light Blue, because it smells very similar. It's lemon/citrus, cedar, musk,but without the fruity apple element that Light Blue has. It doesn't last quite as long, more like 4-5 hours vs all day, but it's also 1/3 of the price of Light Blue.

The bottle is hideous - white clunky square plastic, but it's what's inside that counts, right?

UPDATE: ITA with the other reviewer who said this smells like fancy sprite and cedar. It's really light, summery, refreshing, but that pretty much nails it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by BellaVespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! As for the plastic packaging... i like it but at the same time i don't. To me it's good to carry around because it's not as heavy as the glass bottles but on the down side, i feel that it looks too cheap for Burberry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this scent, actually love most of Burberry fragrances. This one is clean, fresh, and sophisticated. Very nice dry down. I like it for spring-summer..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't really like it... It smells quite much like Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue to me: clean very citrucy scent, but it smells a tiny bit more soapy than Light blue. I generally don't like lemon perfumes because it makes me think air freshener and oven cleaner (our smells lemon). Lemons often smell very generic and cheap to me... So: if you like Light Blue, there's a good chance you will like this. I think D&G lasted longer on my clothes though. I don't agree that this is like Brit Sheer - even though Brit Sheer has citrus-notes, they are WAY different from the ones in Sport. While both me an my boyfriend like Brit Sheer, we both hate Sport. I would say that Brit Sheer is kinda tropical, while Sport is marine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by compoundmeter

Oy. Love the juice, but hate the bottle (white plastic, Burberry? REALLY? You coulda just left the red glass inside and it would have been nicer looking than what you ultimately went with.)

The fragrance itself is kind of in the same vein as Burberry Brit Sheer, which is probably why I like it. It's a citrus with floral, and I find that to be kind of a nice change from your average fruity floral which usually has melon or peach or raspberry or something else sweet as the fruit note. The floral part of it is subtle on me, as I predominantly smell the mandarin and lemon notes. Very energizing; I like this one for when I'm feeling kind of blah and dumpy and slow-moving. Minus one lippy for the awful packaging, and the fact that it only lasts a few hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous scent! It's sweet and homely, without being too saccharine or overpowering. It's a very gently scent that has a gorgeous dry down. It's a little more powdery than most floral scents, which is fine with me.

This is an inoffensive fragrance- I don't see how anyone could be bothered by it. It's a great choice for spring and totally appropriate for the office.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by manuella103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was given a sample of this and immediately I was sold! Went back the next day to get it! Smells so clean when first sprayed. Gradually the smell of mandarin dominates the other notes. The down side is its short staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous fragrance. This soon became one of my favourite scents ever. It smells clean and that's what makes it so special in my eyes. I also love the way it looks like. Well done, Burberry!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new "go to scent" this summer. What an amazing blend, so well done. I find it very fresh and zesty, while managing to be sexy also. WOW, I adore it.

The notes are
Top Notes: mandarin, Sea Salt, Ginger.

Heart notes: Magnolia, Honeysuckle, Petitgrain

Dry Notes:
Solar Accord, Musk, Cedarwood.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by danai

This is a very light, airy, clean and pleasant fragrance. Got it as a gift lately and I'm really enjoying it. It's a refreshing, cheerful and sunny scent.
I mostly get orange blossom and sweet lemon from it, and while I'm not a fan of predominantly floral fragrances in general, I happen to have a weakness for orange blossom; I find its scent truly intoxicating. Furthermore even though this fragrance falls into the clean category, it's not green or grassy. It's slighly sweet; there's just enough sweetness for it to smell young and soft rather than cold and sharp.
On the downside, it's not an "IT" fragrance, at least not for me. Also the bottle is uninspired and quite "frumpy" looking. That doesn't keep me from enjoying the juice inside a lot though. It has become my spring/summer '10 morning scent.
Overall this is a very nice fragrance for the spring/summer season. It's fresh and uplifting without smelling unisex and bland. I also think it's light enough to not offend anyone, so you really can't go wrong with it.