April 25, 2014 | 1015 users online

Mascara - Tarina Tarantino - Fleur De Lash in Black Opal

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a kit from Hautelook. I can't stand this mascara. Today was the first day I wore it and within only hours of putting it on, I had to take a q-tip and get the smudges off from under my eyes (and I only put it on my upper lashes!). The only thing I like about this mascara is the packaging. I'm throwing it out. I would never recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im on my 2nd tube of this. My lashes are pale and short and str8 but this makes them look a mile long when applied over Lancome Cils Boost Lash Primer. I like that it doesnt have fibers to get into my eyes and under my contacts. Doesnt have a noxious smell. The color is shiny black. I like that the tube clicks when it closes so that I know its not going to dry out. Lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim when Sephora was having it on clearance (Tarina is now selling for herself only) and quickly returned to buy the last two tubes as back-ups. This mascara is comfortable to wear, doesn't smear or flake, doesn't irritate my hard contact lenses, and looks very natural in one swipe. It isn't the absolute best for layering, but I don't really feel the need to thicken up since my lashes are defined so nicely. The price is higher, around $20 so it could be considered a bit of a splurge. To me, there are a few things that are worth the price and this is one of them.

PROS:
natural looking lashes (mine but better++)
non irritating
doesn't smudge or flake
Lasts all day and night

CONS:
Only comes in waterproof (picky thing, I always go for waterproof, myself)
Only comes in black (again, picky, I always opt for black anyway)
Pricier than some

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard good things about this mascara, so I thought I would give it a try, but it turns out it's just "ok". I finally decided to buy it when all of the Tarina Tarantino stuff was 40% off at Sephora, and I'm glad I didn't have to pay the full price of $19. The brush is big and unwieldy, though I knew that when I bought it, and it's not any worse than DiorShow or Benefit's Bad Gal Lash. Still, I find it really hard to apply this without making at least 1 mark on my eyelids. This doesn't provide the kind of volume I like or would have expected, and doesn't do too much for length either. I would say this gives lashes a more "fluttery" look, but I was hoping for more bold volume. My lashes look nice afterwards, but there's no "wow" factor, especially since I've used cheaper mascaras (Prestige My Blackest Lashes, Jordana Best Lash Extreme) that worked even better. Also, I find the formula of this mascara to be too dry for my liking. The brush has hardly any product on it upon removal from the tube, so I definitely have to dip into the tube more than once for each eye! I can see why others may like this product, but it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely refuse to use any other mascara! I got this as a sample at Sephora and have been hooked ever since. It lenghtens and thickens without looking goopy. I use two coats with a little extra at the outer edges and people ask if my eyelashes are real. I pray they never get rid of this because I have never found a mascara like it and I have tried a lot!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I was suprised to read negative reviews on this. I think with all makeup/skincare, there are alot of personal preferences for application and results. For me, what I look for in a mascara is long lasting, no smudging,dramatic lenthening more than thickening and easy removal. This ticks all the boxes. I do use this with Lancome's XL primer. My biggest problem with mascaras, is smudging. This never does and even lasts through a hot yoga class. I remove one point for slight flaking here and there, not bad though. I also have only found this online at Sephora, so not widely available.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Big FAIL by Tarina. The brush delivers hardly any product, and the brush is too thick to properly apply on the lashes.
Not the worse I've tried, but definitely not one of the better ones, either.
Got this as a 100 point gift from Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by KatDeClay13

This mascara is amazing I love it! I just ran out but when I was using it I used it every day because it separated my lashes, gave them volume, and didnt flake or transfer. It gave me a more fuller natural black lash look and i love that it didnt look cakey at all. I love the brush because i know im going to be getting fuller separated lashes I use it even to brush through my other mascaras i have applied. If you dont like natural full lashes then dont get this you will be disappointed. I will be buying this again soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a Sephora VIB gift. Big oversized teddy bear brush, dry formula, doesn't thicken at all, lengthens a bit for a natural, fringey look. The best thing about it is that it really separates lashes. I've been using it after my mascara primer and before my Hypnose Drama and it's good at keeping my lashes separated. Overall, I much prefer dramatic lashes so this is not the look for me. I will not purchase a full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this a 100pt gift from Sephora. I like the brush & the packaging is cute. Just not sure if I would actually buy the full sized version. Hasn't done anything to wow me. I like how pigmented it is...but that's about it. It doesn't really hold my curl or any length/volume. I mean it looks nice right after, but it just doesn't stay that way. I do like that it doesn't clump up, even with the many layers I put on. So to me, it's 'meh' but it's not horrible. It's got some merits. continued >>