October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - MultiplEYE Lash Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as part of a mascara gift pack from Sephora. We don't have the brand Tarte where I live so it's always interesting to try new products and brands I don't see that often.
I like Tarte and the fact that they try to be organic, at least they are made without a lot of the more scary ingredients such as parabenes and phatalates.
Since this was part of a gift pack, I only got a trial size. I don't know about the original packaging but this one is a white squared plastic tube with purple print. Looks a bit clinical.
It has a mascara wand. The product itself is like a white mascara.
It is supposed to increase lash volume by 739 %. Does it deliver? Not sure about the 739 % but the lash volume does increase quite a lot. Would definitely give it a go with the Tarte mascara. The result is supposed to be even better if you use the right kind of mascara from Tarte. I used a different one from the one they recommended, all I had at hand was the one called Lights, camera, lashes. Still worked fine though.
I have to agree with other reviewers though, this works well with Tarte mascara, but not with other mascaras. Tried it as a base with a mascara from Lancome on top and it clumped and looked awful.
It is also supposed to increase lash length with regular use. I did not see a big difference in my lash length.
The primer goes on like a mascara. When your lashes is covered in white goo it looks weird, but as soon as you get the regular mascara on the white disappears .
Would definitely buy this with a Tarte mascara, but pass if you prefer a different brand because it does not work well with other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only works for tarte mascaras. If used with any other it just makes that mascara look bad. But when used with a tarte mascara it works really well

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by emanresu92

This product came in the The Best for Lash Deluxe Eye Set. I have long but very straight lashes; what primarily I look for in a mascara is not lengthening or volumizing effect but it's ability to hold curl.

The first time I applied this, I had already curled my lashes and I was horrified as I saw my lashes slowly sinking downwards with the weight of the formula. HOWEVER, I found that after I let the primer dry completely, I was able to curl them back up with no problem at all. I stopped bothering to curl before applying this and just curled after I let it dry. Another thing I love about this is that my lashes remain just as soft as they would be without any product on them. I can easily separate any clumps buy just running my finger across my lashes or by using an eyelash comb without ripping any lashes out.

It does have a lengthening effect but not much volumizing. The only reason I only give it a 4 is that, with the standard brush, it is difficult to only get a little of the product on; you really don't need a lot to add length. As for the price, I don't think I would have gotten this by itself but it was a pretty good value with the set. The packaging is understandably minimal; there is no need for flashyness because you literally cover the product up anyway. It isn't completely odorless. There is a very slight cosmetic-y scent to it but it is barely noticeable and I am very particular about how things smell. Overall, I am very satisfied but I probably would not bother buying the full size on its own as it is just not necessary.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I had so many problems with this lash primer. The two most serious were: 1. It is so difficult to apply this evenly on the lashes, I feel like I have to go over them again and again. and 2. I could not tell any difference with or without this primer - in terms of length, volume, or holding a curl.... save your $.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This lash primer was clumpy and took a long time to distribute the product evenly onto the lashes. I think it is the applicator wand that is the big problem here. Regardless, most mascaras come with lash-building fibers that accomplish the same mission and save you a step.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Bought this lash primer when my Urban Decay lash primer was sold out at Sephora. I don't notice ANY difference between using this with mascara vs not using it. Definitely won't be repurchasing. If you are looking for a lash primer that actually works and will lengthen and thicken your lashes - get the Urban Decay one. Don't waste your money on this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

For thin, sparse, short, straight, point straight down "Asian" lashes, this is not a great primer because it weighs down the lashes and makes them droop, losing the curl I put in with a lash curler. It sticks the lashes together as well and does not create a pretty, fluttery effect. This weighing down & losing the curl problem is the SAME for me with any lash primer that isn't waterproof, so I have the same issue with Dior & Lancome's lash primers. I actually found that the only lash primer that held my curl was L'Oreal's Lash Extend (double wand) mascara in waterproof (light blue & white packaging). I did check the ingredients in these products and found that L'Oreal's waterproof lash primer is made with more waxes and less water, like waterproof mascaras which hold lash curl much better, while the non-waterproof lash primers I have mentioned here are made more with water (again, like regular mascaras which do not hold curl as well).

I'm just going to say here that I no longer feel the need to use lash primers because I'm so incredibly happy with effect Maybelline's Colossal Cat Eyes in waterproof give my lashes, holding curl, lengthening & volumizing. I also think that Rapidlash immensely helped my lashes grow longer (note: I faithfully used Rapidlash every single night for both upper and lower lashlines and started getting results after about 6 weeks and I've been doing this for about a year now, with maybe a break of 2 weeks several months ago).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this primer!

My eyes tend to water a lot, due to wearing contacts, so I rely on a primer to keep my mascara from turning me into a raccoon. I also tend to be sensitive to a lot of various ingredients in cosmetics, making my search for a proper primer very, very hard.

I love Tarte as a brand, and I love their more natural ingredients. I have never once had a bad reaction to anything I have bought from them.

That being said, this primer is just...not very good. It keeps me from turning into a raccoon a LITTLE bit (if I do any sort of physical activity or go anywhere humid it basically just gives up on the spot), but on top of that, it's rather clumpy. It makes my lashes seriously stick together and gives me the spider legs effect, even when I brush it through the lashes. It makes them look a bit longer, though, I will give it that.

Overall, I hate to say, this product is "meh."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im in LOVE with this lash primer. My eyelashes are OK, average. But when I use this it vomumizes like crazy and lengthens!! I use this, layer on a coat of Tarte Lights Camera Lashes then top it off with a coat of L'Oreal Voluminous original amd HOLY COW lol Its such a difference. I have tried my mascara routine without primer and its nothing special. Im in love

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Would I buy again? It's really "maybe" instead of "yes." However I will say it's a very good lash primer which costs $22, making it less expensive than Dior's lash primer which is $28. Applying this lash primer before my regular mascara does make the lashes look thicker and longer than with mascara alone, and it's easily as good as Lancome's or Smashbox's lash primers. Tarte promotes this as a product that will improve the growth of your lashes, and so far I am not seeing dramatic results to support that claim. Therefore I rate it a 4 Very Good rating instead of Best.