April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Loose Powders - Kanebo - Lunasol Micro Finish Powder N (02 Natural Beige)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite loos powders. The powder is finely milled, easy to apply, no crazy flying powder and has no overpowering scent. The only thing I didn't like is it has very fine mica & I am not a fan of mic in powder BUT you can't see it once you apply it, so I don't look like a disco ball. This doesn't leave a white cast over my face, applies soooo smoothly so there is no blotchy patches.
I don't like the case though :( because it's has a twist top.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by hellolotte

Kanebo Lunasol Skin Contrast Powder (01 Glow)
This is the best powder I've ever used or tried. I bought through eBay and it was pricey but it evaporates, no clinging to dry skin patches or open pores, and is better as a finisher than MUFE HD and yet does all the wonderful mattifying and perfecting of T. LeClerc. If you have the chance buy or try. Thanks so much Lunasol!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is THE best loose powder out there right now. It beats Laura Mercier's, which is touted by many to be the finest milled in the market. Don't listen to those people. This is much, much, better. It's extremely pricey but lasts quite a long time - I'd estimate mine at a about a year?
The great thing about this powder is that it melts right into your skin, such that when you run a fingertip over your face, it literally feels velvety smooth. It looks that way too! There are light reflecting particles that brighten the face and make it look alive, which is so crucial to me because I always have late nights. It doesn't cake or crease and stays perfect throughout the day.
The difference between 02 (Natural Beige) and (01 Translucent) is colour. It depends on what you like. if you want a more "white" look, take 01. I prefer a more natural look, so I picked 02. You should pick 02 if the colour of your foundation exactly matches your skin or is lighter than your skin tone, because 01 has a lightening effect.
The only fault with this (and in my opinion not a major one) is that it does not absorb oil as well as many other loose powders. You will have to blot along the way, but once you do, it looks far more refined and lux than any other loose powder in the market. So I'll put up with this minor fault, no questions asked!