November 1, 2014 | 1200 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Pure Mineral Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mariamg

LOVE this. SO MUCH. This is my holy grail of make-up, my best kept secret and greatest sadness when it (apparently?) was discontinued in the UK (get it off eBay now).

I apply this immediately after moisturiser and massage it in with finger tips for a natural, dewy finish - this process is key, 'natural' is an understatement of the result; this stuff is magic. It 'melts' into skin in a good way - it's like my pores just vanish! Works great with different moisturisers and even oils (but then I have surface dry skin). Hasn't been the cause of a break out in 2+ years (that I know of!).

The other reviews are right about sheer coverage - but this stuff IS buildable. I get the odd breakout and can't help picking sometimes, and this can cover those spots almost entirely: it's just a matter of dabbing it on, massaging and dabbing a bit more - it doesn't get cakey.

Huge plus for the 18 SPF and pump bottle, and best colour match I've ever had (mine is 021 Nude).

I literally don't know what to do when leftover stocks and 'underground' ways of sourcing this run out. 11 lipsticks out of 5. And I'm picky.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by CreamyGardenia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've got foundations from MAC, Esteé Lauder, Kanebo and a cupulel BB's as well, but you know what? I come back to this foundation all the time! My favorite way to use it is half and half with Maybelline or L'Oreal BB (I forget which I use).. I just mix it on my hand and use a Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it. I love the finish it gives.. not a lot of coverup but I don't really want it.. at 54 my zits seem at bay, thank heavens, but I still like *something* on my skin. I do wonder how much of this is actually minerals, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by eleanorheartsmakeup

The only foundation I have ever re-purchased. I find the finish a bit too dewy for my liking so I apply a pressed powder afterwards and it's fine. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation - it's not great at covering major blemishes but i find that's fine for my skin. It's not great at staying on, but I just touch up with powder once a day and it's great. It doesn't brake me out and it doesn't feel cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought it because it said "oil free" and I have oily skin so I was expecting a shine free finish but it didn't deliver.

After about two hours, even with powder and primer on it still left me looking shiny.

The only redeeming quality is the pump and the fact it has SPF 18 in it, but it's just not for me/my skin type.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlkate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS:
- Nice packaging
- Pump gave out just the right amount of product
- Cheap
- Available in most drugstores

CONS:
- Terrible staying power
- Didn't cover any redness/blemishes
- Even the lightest shade was a bit dark for my extremley pale skin tone. (Although it is very hard to find a foundation to match me...)
- Quite a runny consistancy

Overall, I won't be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a pump-version of this and well, it works well it the pump. No complaints there. HOWEVER, what's pretty bad with it is that it's too... what to say, runny? A little goes a long way, sure, and there is cover. Hey, great in the heath and if you fix with powder on top! Not so great if you want REAL coverage. You have to put on a lot of concealer to hide any flaws and then see how your concealer works with this foundation. Unfortunately for me, for some reason my concealer always clashed with the foundation and I couldn't use it whenever I had things I had to cover up. So yes, this is thin and runny but good for light coverage! But if you have anything you want to cover, find another foundation.
Also, not to forget: because it says it's a mineral liquid foundation it's not necessarily a real mineral foundation. So don't get fooled by the word "mineral". But don't hesitate to try it anyway :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by mouseyhill

I have oily skin so I won't be buying this again as I need something more matte and longer lasting, but for the first couple of hours I do like this foundation. The colour i bought (ivory) is slightly yellow toned which is good for me, and I think for normal skinned girls looking for a sheer even finish it would be great as a daytime foundation in average weather conditions, but I couldn't imagine it holding up on a hot day or an evening out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lauragull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product two years ago and my skin remained pretty much flawless. For some reason I stopped using it and branched out to other foundations which have not only broken my skin out but feel horrible on the skin (only exception is Garniers BB cream).

I bought this foundation again recently and cannot fault it. It feels lovely on the skin, leaves skin with a dewy finish and blends really well. If I have any bigger blemishes I use maxfactor mastertouch concealer and my skin is left looking nearly perfect.

I def recommend this for those who prefer a liquid foundation, have dry/combination skin and who have sensitive skin that can break out if the wrong product is put on it. I've found it keeps my skin under control.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by rachielle11

I bought this thinking that because it's mineral, it would do wonders for my skin. I asked the saleslady what the coverage was and she said it was full coverage. She lied. This foundation could barely cover up blemishes. You really have to pile it up and use concealer. It can't do alone. Also, even though it's supposedly oil-free, it still makes my skin oily. It has a dewy finish, and although I'm aware that some people like the dewy effect, I personally don't prefer a dewy finish since my skin's already oily to begin with. I really don't recommend this product for people with blemishes and oily skin. It would work with people with dry-normal skin though, depending on the coverage they want. This is for people who want light to medium coverage or just want a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in a city with a very NASTY weather: humidity, extreme heat, i mean, my city have the beach in front of me.
I have tried many MANY many foundations that melted on me 4 hours after aplication (w/o face primer). One random day, I just decided to get this a try, and picked up from the stand.
Wow. This stuff is AMAZING. Surprisingly, it does last a very long time, and let the skin super soft and awake. Really like the consistency
is very very soft almost like a mousse and blends beautufully. the coverage is medium to full and very buildable. The finish is matt, well, I set this with dream matt powder, from maybelline, too. It doesn't break out on me!! and thats a plus. My favorite foundation at the moment, even better than: Loreal true match, revlon colorstay, maybelline superstay, all mac stuff (that broke me out) and almost as smooth like lancome teint idole, but IMO Maybelline pure makeup is a little better, because last even more. I love the packaging!
So please, do me a favor, go a GET IT, because if people doesn't buy this I think they are going to discontinue this amazing produt and i will pretty much get a gun a shoot my self.
My shade is in spanish so I can't translate because woudn't be acurate.

Edited: ok give me the gun, this is now discontinued!!!
WHY!!!!????????