July 28, 2014 | 1336 users online

Liquid - Etude - Dream On Foundation Slim and Cover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by greenpeanut

This product works good for me at the beginning, but for 10 times more after, it really" break me outt,,what I love from this foundie is that this foundie blended easily on my skin, but the oil control was so bad, start to oily for 2 hours after applied,,I guess this foundie will work perfectly to some people who has a dry skin..for the acne prone skin never bought this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

The thing about foundations is that you have to try a variety of types and shades before you will know what works best for you and thus, reviews on foundation shouldn't be taken too literally as one man's meat is another man's poison. I do not believe that any particular type of foundation will work better with a particular skin type as everyone have different problems.

I bought this in No. 2 in Natural Beige. The bottle came in a pump version, which is an update from the old design judging from photos on the internet. One pump was enough to cover my whole face and I used a stippling brush as I wanted an airbrush finish. It has a very creamy, medium consistency that looks to have a yellow tone in the bottle but upon application, I realised it had a slight pink tone to it. Coverage is sheer to medium, definitely buildable. Before oxidation, I found that it looked quite pasty on me. However, after setting it with a compact powder and after some time has passed, it oxidized rather quickly that my face was darker than my neck (it was usually the case even without makeup) but it eventually blended out well as more time passed. It does give a slightly blotchy finish upon setting it with the Dream On Pact or any compact powder although I find that it blends out well after using a wedge.

Without using any primer, I felt that its oil control was satisfactory as I only got oily after about 2 - 3 hours which is quite a feat given my combi-oily skin and the humid weather at where I'm from and so holding power is relatively decent. Out of all the liquids I've used, I find that this works well with my skin as it doesn't break me out nor does it feel as though I've laden my face with a lot of product. I paid about USD$22 from the Etude House store in my country, which is quite a jacked up price and can be obtained at a cheaper price on ebay or gmarket.