August 23, 2014 | 1351 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Mint Julips Lip Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Purchased this in Montreal for my tween daughter, who is both a LUSH junkie and a hoarder. She loves it and it will last forever since she uses so little. I've been trying it on the sly though and really like it! I've been wearing some drying MAC lipsticks recently and this lip scrub has made my lips look smoother. It also tastes amazing. Yes, as others have said, you could buy a bag of sugar, essential oils and some little containers and make the same product at home, but who among the non-Martha Stewarts of us is actually going to go to that bother?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I might repurchase this after completing all of the scrubs. I have to say that this is fine. So so. It did take away the flakiness but afterwards.. for like... a short while, it would be back. I find fresh sugar polish better. But i have to say that it's not waxy and thick like other scrub so that's what I like about it. However, it could melt so easily... well... since most of it is sugar. I also agree with other comments that says you could even make this at home, DUH! The ingredients are easy to fine. If you live in a country that doesn't have jojoba oil selling around the marts that I think you could find them online :))

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love it! I bought this after I bought two matte finish Mac lipsticks and found that the skin on my lips was too chapped to make it look good. After the lip scrub the matte finish looks so much better.
The packaging isn't great - it kinda goes everywhere. It would be possible to make something similar at home since the ingredients are caster sugar, various oils, and flavour, but I really can't be bothered with all that effort and would rather pay $12.95 for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by GiulianaCarmela

This product isn't bad - as long as you use it once a day you will see results. However, I feel like with the right recipe and some sugar I could make this formula at home and see the same results. It does leave my lips soft but there are plenty of other (cheaper) products out there that can do the same thing, and I'm thinking of DIYing it and making one myself.

The packaging isn't practical or hygienic - the stuff goes everywhere when you use it.

I've got more details and pictures on the product on my blog where I review it:

Feel free to take a look!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by karlaleila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this in the morning and at night and I can honestly say I can't live without it Such an amazing product makes lips really soft and smooth

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

Used to use DIY lip scrubs made of sugar but was lazy to make more. Therefore decided to get this scrub. I use it on wet lips and rinse it off (don't think I want to lick it off as the label suggests). After rinsing, it leaves my lips soft and moisturized but only for a little while. I have chronically chapped dry lips so after that, I immediately apply lip balm. It does taste nice and does the job but don't think it's all that special.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by rhazim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute concept, I love the fact that it's all natural and contains essential oils. Does a good job of sloughing off lip product buildup and tastes awesome...follow up with a good thick balm and you're set.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sugartaste81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fun novelty product. I picked it up when I was using up my holiday money, because this isn't something I would buy on my own. It works pretty well, but I still rub my lips with a washcloth afterwards because I feel it doesn't exfoliate completely. The taste is great, like a peppermint patty. I'm already halfway through the tube after only 2 weeks. I'd buy it again if I had a gc, but wouldn't spend my own money on this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this product didn't do anything for me. It was really just like putting some oils on my lips - the exfoliating sugars didn't do much exfoliating and I didn't enjoy taking them off (or licking them off). My lips felt tight and dry after I used this but at least it smells good!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Umm... For $9.95 I can buy a bag of sugar and make 500 of these. I feel I just paid for the container. Oh, and the smell is nice, but overall, it is straight up sugar that leaves your lips sticky.