December 27, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Mint Julips Lip Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this product! I'm kind of nuts about anything and everything minty, so this is great! Really exfoliates my lips and leaves them sweet, but not too sweet. Also has the added effect of freshening my breath! A definite repurchase and a great stocking stuffer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Everyone needs this in their life... literally the best thing since sliced bread!

The scrub itself is great, you only need a bit and rub it all over (i do it vigorously to get maximum results!), and the mint gives you the tingling sensation and then after about 10 mins I wipe it away and apply a lip balm.

My lips have never been smoother and I suffer badly with dry chapped lips. Would not live without this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice little treat to do at night. Nothing spectacular but really tasty and I've been liking to add this to my routine. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by loveheartlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It tastes lovely...but I could make it much more cheaply at home. In Australia it is $10...for some essential oils and sugar. It's a nice product if you are given it as a gift or are cashed up, but if you haven't much money...honestly bicarbonate soda and your favourite lip balm does exactly the same thing.....only much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This product is a lifesaver. I have chronically chapped lips -- no matter what I do or what products I use, I can't seem to keep my lips smooth. Not only are my chapped lips painful and ugly on their own, but wearing lipstick highlights the issue. Matte lipsticks make my lips look disgustingly dry, and even supposedly moisturizing balmy-type lipsticks still cling onto dry patches and exacerbate the problem. I've tried tons of lip scrubs from different companies and none could completely remove all the flakies until I used this one.

This stuff is amazing. It's super gritty but it's not at all painful to use (I've used some lip scrubs that are so harsh they made my lips bleed!) and it totally removes all the dead skin from my lips, leaving them completely soft and smooth. It's so easy to use this -- I just wet my lips, take a tiny scoop of this, rub it all over my lips for maybe 30 seconds, and rinse or wipe off. I do recommend wetting your lips or putting on a thick balm before you use this -- I've tried using it on dry lips and the product doesn't stick and just falls off your face. LUSH says you can just lick it off, but I don't like the idea of essentially purposefully eating dead skin, so I just wipe it off with a damp washcloth. This product always works, no matter how bad my lips are looking. I don't notice this does anything to keep your lips smooth long-term, but this is awesome to use on an as-needed basis. Sometimes I use this just one or two times a week, and sometimes I use this every day. I love that I can use this daily without it drying out or damaging my lips in any way, because oftentimes I need this on a daily basis!

This products smells and tastes incredible, like mint chocolate. It really is a treat to use. I know everyone says this product is way overpriced and you can make this on your own, but I think the $10 price tag is worth it. I've tried making my own lip scrub using several different recipes, but none of them worked as well as this -- they were all either painfully gritty, or not scrubby enough. Plus they didn't smell as good as this! I'm honestly not into DIY-ing, so rather than continuing to get the proportions right making my own, I just repurchase this. :)

My only complaint is that the pot is pretty small and it can be a little difficult getting product out when you're getting low if you have long nails. But that's a small complaint considering how fantastic this product is. I've purchased a few other scents that I liked equally as much -- the formula is the same on all of these, all it comes down to is flavor preference. I cannot recommend this product enough. If you're that concerned about the price, ask for a sample next time you're at LUSH. I'm almost positive that after trying this it will become a staple for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Purchased this in Montreal for my tween daughter, who is both a LUSH junkie and a hoarder. She loves it and it will last forever since she uses so little. I've been trying it on the sly though and really like it! I've been wearing some drying MAC lipsticks recently and this lip scrub has made my lips look smoother. It also tastes amazing. Yes, as others have said, you could buy a bag of sugar, essential oils and some little containers and make the same product at home, but who among the non-Martha Stewarts of us is actually going to go to that bother?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I might repurchase this after completing all of the scrubs. I have to say that this is fine. So so. It did take away the flakiness but afterwards.. for like... a short while, it would be back. I find fresh sugar polish better. But i have to say that it's not waxy and thick like other scrub so that's what I like about it. However, it could melt so easily... well... since most of it is sugar. I also agree with other comments that says you could even make this at home, DUH! The ingredients are easy to fine. If you live in a country that doesn't have jojoba oil selling around the marts that I think you could find them online :))

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love it! I bought this after I bought two matte finish Mac lipsticks and found that the skin on my lips was too chapped to make it look good. After the lip scrub the matte finish looks so much better.
The packaging isn't great - it kinda goes everywhere. It would be possible to make something similar at home since the ingredients are caster sugar, various oils, and flavour, but I really can't be bothered with all that effort and would rather pay $12.95 for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by GiulianaCarmela

This product isn't bad - as long as you use it once a day you will see results. However, I feel like with the right recipe and some sugar I could make this formula at home and see the same results. It does leave my lips soft but there are plenty of other (cheaper) products out there that can do the same thing, and I'm thinking of DIYing it and making one myself.

The packaging isn't practical or hygienic - the stuff goes everywhere when you use it.

I've got more details and pictures on the product on my blog where I review it:

Feel free to take a look!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by karlaleila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this in the morning and at night and I can honestly say I can't live without it Such an amazing product makes lips really soft and smooth