July 24, 2014 | 2140 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Etude - Dr. Oil Solution Shine Free Dual Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

I would like to applaud this for its gentleness on acne-prone skin and also, for it's innovative pore concealer tucked neatly underneath the cap. Etude House doesn't disappoint there.

Flaws to note: the pore filler/concealer is silicone-based and therefore very slippery. If you expect it to fill in your pores for a better foundation canvas, also expect it to slide off your face in very short time. There is no staying power in silicone based products.
Secondly, the tube product is so light and absorbent that it literally does nothing for your skin. Oh yes, it quenches the skin's thirst...but then why call it a primer? I feel no film or layer on my skin that other primers have in order to create a barrier between my makeup and skin.

Seriously, this is a mislabeled product. It does not provide any proper priming effects. I love it for its gentleness, but it does not perform its job.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holds the oil only for a few hours.. say 3-5. Not exactly a great find.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

Wow! This product is amazing! I've never had such a good primer before...The packaging is quite clever since it's a dual primer it has the primer inside the tube and a light "concealer" inside the cap. When I first saw the "concealer" I thought it was going to be very thick and would clog my pores but instead it has a very creamy, light texture that is soft. It sets well onto my pores but does not cover blemishes (since it's not really a concealer). The primer itself is quite thick almost like a lotion but it hydrates the skin. It will keep on any foundation for hours and will make the application easier. Would buy this again and it is very inexpensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by vintagepeople

The packaging is really cute and appealing. It's clean looking, pale blues and whites with the words in orange and grey. There's a standard type primer and then another, thicker one that comes in the cap (the cap even has a mirror if you need it). You dab it on bigger blemishes or scars. Sadly, this primer does absolutely nothing for me. I don't know if I'm just used to my Smashbox Photo Finish but I didn't feel any difference on my face from before. Luckily I only spent around $12 on it so it wasn't that big of a hit.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I would like to take back what i had written regarding this product. It only made my face filled with large swelling bumps. It took about a week to have them dried out using another organic set. I would definitely not recommend this one especially to those sensitive to dimeticones and polymers... These chemicals will only aggravate your oilies and pimples. Buyers beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

Etude House recently released a line of products aimed for oil control that consists of a BB Lotion, Primer, Pact (Compact) and a Spray On Mist. Generally, Etude House products are hit-or-miss but I'm glad to say this is a HIT!

I hail from a humid climate, have combination skin that's oily around the nose/cheek/forehead area and I have fairly large pores. And so I've been searching for an inexpensive yet decent primer for daily use and this product is amazing. The primer is oil and paraben free and there are 2 steps to this product - firstly, it comes in a tube form where you squeeze out the primer. It has a more watery consistency and although whitish in color, evens out of a translucent finish. The second step is where the fun part of this product is. As you open the screwcap, it reveals a cream-like product which is actually a pore-smoother to be used across areas where you have larger pores and would like to conceal them. Underneath the cap, there is also a tiny mirror which is such a nice touch. I'm not too sure of its composition but I reckon it has some silicone in it. My pores were filled up decently and it created an even canvas to put on my foundation.

I wore my makeup out for close to 12 hours and its oil control is superb! Despite being in an air-conditioned environment and the humid weather (it rained a lot as I was doing the review), my skin remained oil free for a good 8 - 9 hours. I did not have to touch up with any powder or blot which I found AMAZING as generally, after about 3 hours without a primer, my face starts getting oily. Although I must clarify that I used this primer under a regular liquid foundation with an oil control compact powder so the effectiveness could have been amassed and perhaps isn't solely the work of the primer. However, I've been using the same liquid foundation-compact combi for the past 2 weeks and sadly, I became oily after 2 - 3 hours and so this is testament of how awesome the primer is. I paid about USD$15 for it via an online site in my country and for that price, I highly recommend this product as it's inexpensive and it delivers the result!

This is a product I'll definitely be purchasing again and again till I find a better one so for anyone on a budget, try this out!