November 22, 2014 | 947 users online

Treatments - Nutra Nail - Olive Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by emily_k

I bought this product for cheap at Ocean State Job Lot and am so glad I did. My nails are noticeably stronger and I believe they are growing faster as well! Not only that, the cuticles are in much better condition. It cost less than $3. It comes in nail polish packaging, with a brush to apply the treatment, which makes it easy enough to use. My nails stay nice and shiny after use. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first cuticle oil I purchased, and at first I wasn't overly thrilled with it. Since then I've gone through many others, and I always come back to this one. At night I still use something heavier (Mango Mend), and especially this time of year (fall/winter) when my skin is at it's driest. But I find applying this a couple of times a day, along with lotion makes a huge difference in my cuticles. I also use post- manicure. After I apply my polish and top coat I let it dry for about 10 minutes then gently apply this on my nail and cuticles. It speeds up the drying time (something about it absorbing the chemicals the polish releases as it's drying - it's been explained on the NB, but I forget the exact details), and protects my cuticles from the drying effects of the pure acetone I use for clean-up. It's a little more expensive than I normally would like to pay, but I think it's worth it because it's base is olive oil instead of mineral oil or silicones, which form occlusive barriers on the skin preventing moisture from getting in or coming out.