September 21, 2014 | 2086 users online

Polishes - Orly - Mirror Mirror

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Ljadeke

This was my favorite nail color and I wore it all the time. So much so that I was kind of known for it. I think it's been discontinued because I can't find it anyplace and I hope it comes back!!! Anyway, I used it with the rubberized base coat and the sec n dry top coat, my nails lasted at least a week. (Longer if I wasn't typing or texting a lot) I hope mirror mirror comes back! It's the perfect color for shorter nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by TheatricalWinter

Finally, after dreaming of getting this polish, I was able to get it today! I compared many shades of grey and this was still the one I liked the most. Needless to say, my faithfulness to Orly is intact.

I've been wearing it for about an hour now, and I think it's a very multifaceting polish, as it can look both glossy and dusty, but it always looks like the soft and soothing creme that it is.

To me, cremes are the best option for shorter nail looks.

The color is a beautiful grey tone, somewhere between medium and light. It also reflects what you're wearing so I can't imagine it looking bad on any outfit. It's also great color for nail art

The application was very smooth and easy. Even though it has a very light and watery consistency, it looks completely opaque after just one coat. It was a bit streaky while I was applying it but now that it's dry I realize it evened out on its own.

I can definitely see me wearing this more often than any other polish I own. It just inspires me to try so many new things.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

against my skin...it looks like a dove gray...in certain lighting..it looks like a light gray-lavendar...not sure if i really like it but my bf thinks its pretty

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Michellebft

So I had been looking for a creamy gray color for ages. I finally stumbled across this after it had been discontinued-- it was a limited edition color in the fall of 2009. I bought it on eBay, with another limited edition color (Enchanted Forest) for a total of about 13 bucks, including shipping.

The color is EXACTLY what I wanted: a flat but not matte gray, no sparkles or shimmer but lots of shine and depth. Its perfect. Its like a silver that isn't metallic. I'm thrilled with the color.

Unlike the other review, I didn't find it lumpy or uneven. I got such even, pigmented results, in fact, I probably could have managed with just one coat had I been in a hurry: it was that good. The color did not change when I added a second coat, as so many thinner polishes are apt to get darker as coats pileup. This stayed true.

Wear has been solid too. I painted my nails on Saturday, two coats. I added a top coat on Sunday (I hadn't had time on Saturday). Its now Tuesday and there isn't even a hint of chipping. The tips are starting to wear a bit, but that's it. And that's nothing-- polish usually chips in less than 48 hours for me.

I'm very pleased with my purchase and will certainly be looking to Orly for must-have colors in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

Mirror Mirror is one of the 6 polishes in Orly's Once Upon A Time Collection (released Fall 2009). There were a variety of colors: one shimmery glitter (Pixie Dust), one shimmer (Happily Ever After), and four cremes (Enchanted Forest, Prince Charming, Poison Apple, Mirror Mirror).
Mirror Mirror is a medium dove gray creme. It was a bit lumpy and streaky. It dried quickly (probably the reason for the lumpy-ness). A bit of polish thinner should even it out.
It applied streaky the first 2 thin coats and required a 3rd to even out the application. Once I applied a topcoat, the polish evened out nicely.
Even though the application and texture could be better, I love the color. It is similar to Zoya Harley without the shimmer specks.
Wear is good, minimal tipwear at the end of 2 days. I'm not able to comment if it lasts longer than 3 days because I change my polish every 2-4 days. (Orly is Big 3 Free and No Formaldehyde Resin.)
The Orly bottles are slightly larger at 0.6 fl oz and have a rubberized thick handle.
I purchase Mirror Mirror at Ulta. It came with a cute little silver-tone mirror charm. I would definitely purchase another one if I were to finish the bottle or lose it.