July 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Lavande

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is based on violets. There is an acrid element to the fragrance that lingers. This fragrance pales in comparison to pot pourri, let alone lavender and does very little to accentuate the violets it is composed of. Save your money as it only makes an expensive paperweight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not done a review for a fragrance for a while so here is my attempt again, I will start out by saying the Chloe is a Classic name, and this fragrance is no exception to the rest of them,I like all of her fragrances, including the newest release L'eau De Chloe, I like Lavande for the subtleness it gives, I'm not to sure if this is all Lavender but definitely floral mixes and it gives a sensual taste in the middle of wearing it, about 1 hour. I like that, it starts off somewhat powdery but then goes away quickly, I think it will be a liked by many because it's name will keep it going strong, I do believe its limited edition though so I'm not sure if its still available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard such great things about this perfume, so I finally got one to try. Real lavender is one of my favorite scents, and I made my own sachets to put in my drawers. So imagine my disappointment when I discovered this perfume smells nothing like the real thing, rather like how cherry flavoring never tastes like fresh cherries. Now just because it isn't an accurate rendering of lavender doesn't mean it can't small nice. Sadly, Chloe Lavande smells like nothing so much as cheap bug repellent. I immediately regretted spraying it so liberally on my neck and wrists, but thought I should give it a few hours to see if it did better as it adjusted to my unique chemistry. But I hoped in vain because it didn't improve so much as get exponentially stronger. After three hours the scent was giving me a headache, which is no mean feat as lavender is supposed to help such an ailment. I tried to wash it off with soap and water, but still the smell clung to me. So I suppose if you liked the perfume, its longevity would be a point in its favor. Eventually enough scrubbing plus the judicious application of a scented lotion finally cleared the air.

In the spirit of fairness, I must admit to the possibility that the bottle I have had been sitting too long, exposed to heat, or any number of things that can cause a perfume to go bad. But I'm not going to chance throwing good money after bad to try another one. Sorry Chloe, maybe your Neroli perfume will be better - it could hardly be worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Cams000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Chloe Neroli ( another limtied edition fragrance) and got a sample of the Lavende. The next day I was back for the Lavende!! Enough said - elegant, contemporary and beautifully done!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only perfume I have ever bought upon first sniff. On me, the opening notes are a vibrant burst of lavender and tea. Then the gorgeous vivid violet and iris begin to bloom, bringing in a subtle, delicious sugary almond note. It's amazingly comforting, yet elegant and sophisticated at the same time.

It is expensive, but Lavande is such a beautiful, timeless scent that I can't see myself ever growing tired of it or getting too old to wear it. I wear it almost every day, and I even wore it on my wedding day. I highly recommend this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took a big risk by buying this scent unsniffed. I adore the other two Eau de Fleurs, Capucine and Neroli, and assumed this one would be just as good. But I was completely underwhelmed by this fragrance in the beginning. I've never cared for the smell of lavender in any form, and I initially found the lavender note in this perfume to be a bit sharp and sour. In fact, all I smelled was the lavender and alcohol for the first few hours. Oddly enough, several weeks after I first tried Lavande, I not only like it, I love it. I find myself choosing this over the ridiculous number of perfumes and body sprays cluttering up my dresser. It's beautiful, pure, understated elegance. And I think it's one of the few perfumes out there that is suitable for females of any age group. If only it lasted more than 6 hours!

N.B. It seems that all the Eau de Fleurs scents are becoming more difficult to find. I don't know if this means they were LE. If you've been contemplating purchasing any of them, I wouldn't wait much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Willowmere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this fragrance (unsniffed ) based on the glowing (but scant) number of reviews on MUA. The bottle design is quite nice. Reminds me of Chanel but more bulky. The top is a bit heavy however it fits well and won't fall off and leave you limping if you accidentally tip the bottle to the side (I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier!).

Now for the important part - the fragrance itself. I must admit, on my initial spray I was not too impressed. It was certainly pleasant, but I wasn't "wowed". The lavender is not obvious... On first spray I smell a not-too-dry prominent almond note and some violet, tempered from being too sickly sweet by the soft lavender. The lavender is slightly powdery. It is certainly not medicinal or herbal and if you are hoping for an aromatherapy experience, you will be disappointed.

The fragrance does turn slighty sweeter and less powdery after the initial hour on my skin. It lasts about 4 hours.

So why am I giving this 5 stars? (I actually wanted to give 4.5, but MUA won't let me) The answer is if I put aside my disappointment at the fragrance not living up to its name, I actually really enjoy it.

Is this masculine? No, I don't think so. I sometimes wear unisex and masculine fragrances, including the wonderful Guerlain Vetiver. This fragrance is, to me, distinctly softly feminine. It is certainly not candy/cupcake sweet, it is not a rich and heady oriental, nor is it a loud brash floral. It is, instead a soft, understated, elegant and rather expensive feminine scent. Does it have huge sillage? No - it is more close to the skin, wafting gently as you walk by. I get a lot of compliments, particularly when I am hugging a friend or sitting close to someone. I like it more than the original Chloe, which gives me a headache.

If you like Chloe Lavande, I imagine you will also like Chanel No.5 Elixir Sensuel, Prada Infusion D'Iris, FM En Passent, Kenzo Flower le parfum (red bottle), and Lancome 2000 Et Une Rose.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by secretheart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Instant love. ah-mazing. I am not one for Lavander scents, especially perfume or eau de toilette, but this little number has me pining to own it. Sadly, as it stands, I can't justify spending the $135 cost it is to own a bottle. Unless! I knew it was definitely a limited edition scent, all of the sales reps do not know for certain. The scent lasts all day. The longer you have it on, it seems to get more defined and fresher and better. Opening is just as amazing. Oh Lavande, How I love thee!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by rrcoolmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YES YES YES. I will buy you forever unless some other fragrance makes me turn my NOSE TO LOVE.

This is so gorgeous. Not a light lavender at first, then it melts down lovely yet still lingering. I LOVE THIS:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by elwoods10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually did not purchase this, just got a sample. It is a steep price at $138, but you do get a huge bottle. I agree with the reviewer below that the woman that wears this is sophistacted, a little sensual, and very expensive smelling. I also think it is delicate and fresh which is a nice note to it. It smells like it could almost be a natural scent, not just like Lavender, but just something you smell in nature. Very natural. I like it, but not sure I can pay that much right now for it. Maybe my bf will get it for me or I can ask for it for a bday gift this summer!