April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

This primer didn't work for me. When I pull out the doe foot there is hardly any product on it. I have to reach in the tube repeatedly for one eye.
The primer is dry and creases on me. (My eyelids are normal to dry)
I prefer the e.l.f. $1.00 primer which doesn't crease and while it may not make my shadow last as long as I would like, it smooths out my eye area which the Palladio did not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by eyesarahclops

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is amazing. I have hooded and very oily eyelids. This prevents my shadow and liner from creasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate to write negative reviews just because it didn't work out for my skin type and I personally like Palladio products so I'll put it this way.. If you have normal to dry skin then this would be a good primer for you. However, if you have oily skin? not so much. i found that despite what it claimed to do at the end of the day my color didn't look as vibrant and my shadow ended up a little creased as well. I have skin that's more on the oily side so if that's your case i would go with tarte 360 crease less primer or urban decay's primer potion. But like I said if you're not an oily skin type this would be a good product for you to try and its not too expensive and herbal which is a plus for most sensitive types. Its got a nice silky feel to it but I wasn't a fan of the Doe foot lipgloss like applicator, I find it more helpful to just pat it on lightly with your fingers. Overall, not the best but not the worst

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jacbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This truly is a good product and definitely the eye primer I've used the most at a great price. I do think the Urban Decay ones are slightly better which is the only reason I didn't give it a 5/5, and I would like to buy another one of those and try even if it is around $12 more. However if you need one on a budget this is the go to one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd heard EmilyNoel83 and MakeupGeek rave that this is a great e/s primer for normal to dry lids. I bought some at Ulta and have been using it for over a month. No, this is not a UDPP dupe, no matter what anyone says and here's why:

After wearing this for a month I realize it's a great primer...when you're only doing one color on your eye. Maybe two if you do a lid and a crease color. After a few hours with more shadows or brushwork, you'll find that your colors all get muddled after about 4 hours. Vibrancy is lost on all but pro colors after the same amount of time as well. I also notice this is a good primer under a cream e/s, but again, nothing too complex.

It's super cheap and I'm sure that's why people are raving over it more-so than they would if it was a $15+ primer. At most, I'd use it to travel with or under an e/s base.

UPDATE: I neglected to say that on my lids, there was no creasing and all my eyeshadows held up extremely well during the several weeks of heatwaves we've had in NYC.

UPDATE 2: Adding a lippie. I finally figured out how to use this primer. I put it on when I put on my eye cream before I get started on my eyes. No excessive blending unless I want it to be muddy. I just pat, lightly sweep my 217 over anything that needs smoothing (of course, more where needed) and leave. it. alone. I put on makeup for NYE at 1pm and didn't have to touch up even until after the ball dropped since I started on this less is more plan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by bellabelushi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a little bargain product. Marlena from Make Up Geek hints that it comes from the same makers of Urban Decay Primer Potion, and I believe it - it's very, very similar to the original potion, but a fraction of the cost. My only issue with this product is the packaging. Why cosmetic companies continue to use these mascara type bottles is beyond me - a squeezy tube would so much better for reducing waste and drying out of the product. But generally yes, this is an awesome little product and the price is super duper do-able!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried this today and it held up Very well. Wore it for 10 hrs straight on my SUPER OILY eyelids and my eyeshadow did not budge. I am nw50 (nw55 during summer) in Mac makeup and I have very dark pigmentation around my eyes. So I wore it under concealer, constructivist pp and eyeshadow and my eye makeup still looks perfect. The only minus is the packaging and it does not seem to b a lot of product In it. I buy it when ulta does their $3.50 off $10 purchase . Overall, this is a very good buy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by nailtrip

I just stumbled across this one day at my local beauty supply store and figured I would give it a try considering I never tried this brand before and I'm always looking for a great primer and this is it.It good on a neutral color so a good base for most shadows and it holds on my lids all day which is fab because my lids are oily and mostly every shadow will crease w/o primer.I get a good 8 hours or more out of this, which for me is really good.I tried many brands and this is the one I keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this eye primer. I would say that it is very comparable to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Palladio products (this primer included) can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply or on the Palladio website. This consistency of the two are extremely similar, and they also function the same way. It is very creamy, and after blended out is very silky. My eyeshadow lasts all day with this primer, with minimal to no smudging. The only bad thing is the packaging. It comes with a doe foot applicator, very similar to a lip gloss so it can be difficult to get all the product out. However, this is a very good low cost alternative to TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer will stand up to any high end primer. Compare and give it a try.