L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Shield spf 40

TITANIUM DIOXIDE 11.52% Inactive ingredients: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE-AQUA/WATER-CYCLOMETHICONE-CORN STARCH MODIFIED-POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYDIMETHYL-SILOXETHYL DIMETHICONE-ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE-STEARIC ACID -BELLIS PERENNIS (DAISY) FLOWER EXTRACT-PEG-12 DIMETHICONE-SODIUM CHLORIDE-GLYCERIN-TOCOPHERYL ACETATE-HELICHRYSUM ITALICUM EXTRACT-BENZOIC ACID-DEHYDROACETIC ACID-CAPRYLYL GLYCOL-RETINYL PALMITATE-SUCROSE PALMITATE-BUTYLENE GLYCOL-HALIANTHUS ANNUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT-GLYCERYL LINOLEATE-HEDERA HELIX (IVY)LEAF/STEM EXTRACT-PHYTIC ACID-POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE-POTASSIUM SORBATE-BIOTIN-PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE-PHENOXYETHANOL-PEG-8-PARFUM/FRAGRANCE -PPG-1-PEG-9 LAURYL GLYCOL ETHER-SODIUM POLYACRYLATE-OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMOSE)OIL-BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL-LIMONENE-HEXYL-CINNAMAL-LINALOOL-BENZYL SALICYLATE-ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE

on 5/10/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Protects my face and adds such a glowing, brightening look. I have always felt L'Occitane's product were high quality and not disappointed in this shield. I wear it alone when I just want a fresh look, and sun protection. Smells good. Another great product.

on 11/16/2013 3:52:00 AM

As for sunscreen, this product works at its best . I missed it a lot during the time I switched to many other sunscreens. Also, it radiates and brightens my face the whole day.

on 7/18/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my HG sunscreen of all time (besides Clarins) because it provides high spf and is not greasy/oily. It applies very well without a white cast and dries quickly. My skin feels smooth, soft, matte, and protected. LOVE THIS but will not repurchase this because it's outrageously priced at $60 for 30 ml bottle. Hence, will stick to my Clarins which isn't cheap either but at least i get 50ml with that for $40-$50.

I love this spf. It makes my pore appear smaller, light, texture is smooth, it brightens my skin.
I can't really say anything negative about it, maybe price? Go get a sample!

on 1/30/2013 2:54:00 PM

I was fortunate enough to buy this product on sale, so I took a gamble and stocked up on it while the price was good. It turns out, that was a brilliant decision and I could not be more pleased with the result. I have had and still suffer from horrible adult acne and I was looking for a better daytime moisturizer to use on my face. I have acne scars and I must use Retin-A to keep my acne in check, which dries out my skin. When I stumbled upon this product, I did not realize how effective it would be at controlling oil and priming my face. I apply the product all over my face (including on my eyelids) and I am blown away at the staying power of this product. Other strong sunscreens have left me with a whitish cast or tend to rub off strangely (not unlike how eraser rubber comes off). This product keeps my oily face pretty matte for the entire day. By the end of the day I have cultivated a glow, but I do not need to blot midday and reapply powder as with other moisturizers. Additionally, this moisturizer extends the life of my eye makeup unbelievably (usually my eyeshadow needs to be reapplied mid-day) and doesn't look odd against my eyebrows. The smell of the product is amazing, it smells likes summer- fresh and clean. The sunscreen is quite effective, although to be fair, I do not spend extended period in the sun. I have had no adverse acne effects as a result of using this product. Even though it's expensive, I do believe that this moisturizer delivers what it promises and the packaging (unlike some of L'Occitane's other packaging) is both portable and user-friendly. I highly recommend this product.

on 7/29/2012 5:03:00 AM

I normally do not leave reviews, but I loved this product so much that I felt compelled to sign up for Makeup Alley and leave my first review. I was a little appalled at myself for spending fifty something on sunscreen, but this is the best sunscreen I have used ever. I used to have acne in late high school and early college and now have combination skin as a 23 year old. I did not experience the whitening film as some other reviewers and did not experience any allergic reactions to this. No breakouts whatsoever a month into using this product. It is probably worth noting that I have fair complexion and am east Asian. I enthusiastically recommend this sunscreen. My best friend and I bought this together, and she is of darker complexion and Central American, and she also loves this product. I have used Clinique CityBlock prior to this for a couple years but prefer this consistency as I do not have to rub the sunscreen into my face aggressively as with most sunscreens including CityBlock. The smell is not very noticeable and will continue to buy this product.

on 4/9/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this but it broke me out in tiny itchy bumps on my cheeks. It feels sooo nice and acts as primer under my foundation, and it helps it last longer too but it just broke me out.

on 1/1/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here for such a high rated product but I gave it about 3 weeks and I think I may end up returning it to Sephora. First, when applied, it feels like a primer to me and for some reason I hate that feel on my skin. Granted, though it is light, it feels to me like my skin is being coated and can't breathe. Also, I didn't see a "brightening" effect at all and for the ridiculous price of $54 I expect some kind of benefit. I think it caused a few clogged pores as well. Still searching for my HG.

on 12/25/2011 9:46:00 AM

Fav sunscreen so far! This left a matte and brightened effect on my face. Just a naturally fairer look - wouldn't call it a 'white cast'. I bring it in my handbag everywhere I go in case I need to top up. Would definitely buy again.

on 12/7/2011 8:43:00 AM

I am always looking for a combination UV - moisturinzing product that is light and not too greasy. This one does it for me! I love the fact that this is a UV 40 product, as I want at least an SPF 30 or above now that I am a bit older. The fragrance does not linger, and is not offensive. It feels a bit dry going on, and does not make my face oily, nor has it caused breakouts (so many products do!). I am very pleasantly surprised and will keep this on my shelf.