August 1, 2014 | 890 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Sweet Lemon Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

oh god, why did the Body Shop discontinued this product!! I love the sweet lemon smell and the thick lather. really enjoyed using this but no longer available in Australia! : (

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by cakepie

This is one of my fav shower gels somebody gave it to me some time ago it was the small one that was 60 ml after using itifell in love with the smell its citrusy refreshing and it smells just like the lemon and honey drink my mom would make for me every single day.one tip to know if its drying out your skin is to feel if after using a cleanser your skin feels tight that means it is drying out your skin it has quite a lot of lather if you use a loofah / bath lily even though it is soap free i absoulutely love it!
Thanks for reading my review bye!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yum, this is the perfect lemon-scented shower gel! It's fresh and zesty, with a slight sweetness that keeps it from smelling like Mr. Clean. When used with a shower puff only a small dollop is needed to create a plethora of bubbles. As of current the Sweet Lemon line is at 50% off and I'm worried that this will be discontinued... I'd better stock up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Jorid

I was really surprised by the smell of this. Lemony body products tend to remind me of house cleaning supplies, but this smells great! The scent smells like zesty lemon peel, and is really refreshing, it also has a tiny hint of sweetness to it which is really nice. The scent does not linger on your skin, which is a great plus for me.

The shower gels I've tested from The Body Shop does not dry out my skin, and they last a really long time because you don't really need a lot of product. It is nice and foamy, even though it's soap free.

I'm not really a fan of the packaging, but it works. I got my regular sized bottle on sale, for the price of the travel size, but the full price is still not really intimidating. You can check out the scents in store, and if you don't like this one you're bound to find another scent that works for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small size(20-30ml) as a gift and have to say i hate the smell. It reminds me of a dishwashing liquid! Luckily it's only small and my boyfriend likes the smell so it's not a problem to use it. I could take this on a trip with me but would never ever pay anything from this. Apart from the smell, this gel is really nice. Foams nicely and doesn't dry out skin too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loooove this shower gel. I am a lemon fanatic and I really like this formula because it is lemony but doesn't smell like a cleaning product; there's a tinge of sweetness to it that makes it really nice. It doesn't produce a huge amount of suds but foams up pretty nicely with a loofah. I bought the kind in the pump, which I really like, it is very easy to pump onto a sponge or loofah. I suppose it wouldn't be great for travel, but I have a small bottle of different shower gel I use for travel. I think it's a great product if you like lemony/citrusy scents -- it's especially great on a hot day or after the gym. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is now my favorite shower gel! I LOVE lemon-scented bath-products and I picked this up on a whim when I went in to purchase some Banana s&c. It smells GREAT and is a wonderful shower gel. It lathers well and leaves my skin feeling soft. I like this even better than the Satsuma, which was my previous fave.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by kali205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would only buy this again if I can't find a better citrus scented product. I like citrus shower products and they took Satsuma away from me, and most lemony products smell like dishwashing liquid. Yuk! The sweetness in this saves it from smelling like a cleaning product. It cleans, but there's nothing natural or good for your skin about it. It just smells awakening and is a bit too pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by bedheadmelissa

I enjoy citrus body products from time to time, but its always hard to find the right smell-I don't really want to smell like Pledge (a home cleaning product). The new Sweet Lemon line just came to my local Body Shop and I really loved how it smelled (except for the body butter which sadly had a floral note, which took away from the sweet, tart, lemonade like smell). I was also concerned about my skin not liking the strong lemon scent but I've had no problems. I actually prefer this to Bliss Lemon and Sage. It's got a sweeter note and less strong. This is also a fantastic shower gel for after working out-it makes me feel so fresh and clean.