October 1, 2014 | 1346 users online

Fragrances - Eva by Eva Longoria

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a celebrity fragrance, I think this one is understated, very pretty, sexy, fresh and clean-smelling. Does not hit you over the head, doesn't smell cheap, smells feminine, fresh, slighty musky; yet, the world won't know you have walked down the hall or entered the room due to overwhelming strength, like some other celebrity fragrances.
I get more peachy-citrus/aldehydic/bergamot tea notes in this; if you like BBW's Peach Citrus, you may like this, but it's not as strong.
The description/ notes are:
"Totally involved in the fragrance process, Eva Longoria proposes with Eva her own vision of the perfect feminine perfume. Eva is a light and fresh fragrance that reveals woman’s sex appeal. 'I really wanted to create something that every woman could wear (…) I think the scent of a woman is extremely sexy and this scent will prove that', said Eva Longoria.

Top notes: Citrus, neroli, bergamot, tea, aldehydes;
Middle Notes: Jasmine, lily of the valley, violet, freesia;
Base notes: Sandalwood, amber, musk.
Fragrance Company: Takasago."

The bottle is a pretty hourglass shape with a pink-peachy juice. I love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay guys...This perfume isn't as bad as you guys say it is. I, for one, really appreciate this smell. Also, if you see Eva Longoria's interview about the perfume you can tell that she's very proud of this scent that she picked out. I need to emphasize that this scent is VERY fresh, and very uplifting. It's young and fun. I love to spray it after I get out of the shower and on days when I feel laidback and casual. So yea it may not smell expensive but its for when you're just chilled and carrying out your normal day with your friends and family. Plus, the lasting power pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Eva Longoria, I think she is gorgeous and a fine actress but this fragrance does not excite me much. It is just ok, not great and not bad. It smells like a simple casual fragrance. But it smells citrusy and like grapefruit on me and nothing else. I don't reach for this often. Good thing I got this for cheap at Marshall's.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by PandaPurr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes~ citrus, neroli, bergamot tea and aldehydes.

Before ~
I found the fragrance just sitting there,in a small owned pharmacy,not in a department store.The beautiful picture of her caught my eye,and I started think of the tv show she is in. I immediately bought it,in a daze without even trying it on.Just thinking about how great it was for her to have this fragrance!

First Spray ~
When I got home I sat down and spritzed it on my wrist.I could smell mint and bergamont tea,but not in the way that was fresh,in the way that my cooling pedicure foot set smells like.After 10 minutes I got so irritaited when it peeled off and harshly changed to vingear and neroli,I set off to wash it off.It came off like oil slips off your finger.

After ~
However,later that day I could smell whiffs of citrus crawling up my arm,but you know the way you may have fresh squeezed orange and lemon juice mixed in the morning? Yeah,not like that.More like intense lemon and lime slapping me across the face.

The bottle ~
I hate the bottle.After mouisterizing,the bottle slips out of your hand and I hate that it looks like a square with a stick. Yuck! It looks so cheap!

Overall ~
I am not telling you to avoid the perfume.It will probably make a fantastic scent on somebody else,just not me.I don't like the smell of mint and tea,but if you do go for it (:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by fragrancelover2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want a bigger bottle! I got a 1.7oz and it smells lovely it starts with a zesty citrus then it dries down to a soft pleasant smell very nice and it doesn't smell cheap I would repurchase its one of the better celeb scents its more mature than fancy and fantasy and all those all to familiar sweet cake candyish same ol same ol fragrances time for a more mature fragrance I'm done with all the teeny bopper smells they are all the same!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by amysharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells like the old Peach scent from Bath and Body Works back in the day. Nothing special, and actually the peach was better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by thefallingtower

I first discovered this scent in a magazine - Allure, I believe? - and really really liked it. I've never been much of a person for celeb scents, but this just smelled so light and fresh (and since it's formulated for scent-sensitive people, I figured it would be perfect for work). I couldn't find it anywhere where I live (in Canada), so I ordered a bottle, having only tested it as far as the magazine sample.

I don't know why the actual EDP is reacting differently with my skin chemistry than the sample did, but I have such a love-hate relationship with this fragrance now. The dry down is still that airy citrus-floral smell that I adore, but the top notes? Ugh! I have to endure about ten minutes of the scent of something horribly rotten (grapefruit, maybe? Rotten grapefruit, bleh.) until it mellows into the scent I know and like. I really enjoy the dry-down, but the initial smell is so off-putting that it makes it hard for me to will myself to put this fragrance on in the first place. =(

My suggestion? Try before you buy- don't rely on the magazine sample. Or layer it with something; I find that mixing it with a vanilla-based scent (like VS's Sexy Little Things Noir Tease; that layers well with Eva on me) helps me endure the rot-smell for the first few minutes, and then the vanilla mixes nicely with the dry down (and also makes the scent more fall/winter-friendly... otherwise, this is pretty much a spring or summer fragrance). =)

The bottle is nothing stellar but pretty enough, and the lasting power is decent- I'd say it lasts about five or six hours on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is simply awful! Cheap,cheap cheap smelling!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Horrible! It went on sharp and acrid and then dried down within half an hour to a cat urine smell. Why, Eva, why?! No sale.