Maybelline Color Sensational Spicy Cinnamon

on 6/3/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Really great color! Long lasting lipstick. Wore it all day at work and it was still visible when I got home, which I like. I also got it at the Grocery store from a display and am really pleased with it. It is creamy, smooth and a color which is very flattering (and not often seen). I would call it a soft brick which goes really well with my auburn hair. It also has a nice mild fragrance and taste.

on 4/22/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Amazing....a beautiful red lipstick that is appropriate for summer!! And also for ladies who are a bit intimidated by red lipstick in general! This lipstick is part of a new, Southwest-themed Maybelline collection. I haven't seen the displays anywhere except my local discount grocery store. Spicy Cinnamon is the color worn by the model on the display, and it is a soft red infused with a bit of pink and maybe even a bit of orange/coral. I suck at describing colors, but I would have named this lipstick "Sedona Sunset", or something like that, because it reminds me of the coloration in the rocks of Sedona in the evening light. I do not wear this lipstick full strength...I just dab it on lightly, but I can tell that it will look really beautiful for certain occassions this summer, unlike a more classic red lipstick, like Red Revival from the same lipstick line, which I would consider more of a fall/winter red. I do think this collection is limited edition. Also, there was a coupon for $2 off any Maybelline foundation attached to the display, but it worked for this lipstick, so I got it for about three bucks! Not in a million years would I need to repurchase, but I certainly would if something tragic happened to my lovely lipstick!

Popular Lipsticks