November 20, 2014 | 1994 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - Expert Sensitive Gentle Eye Make-Up Removal Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is basically mineral oil and coconut oil. I'll stick with Almay or CVS knockoffs of Almay Eye Makeup Remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousKaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Well, it does what it says... it removes eye makeup efficiently. But it is so oily! It's like an oil slick on my face.

Fortunately I always shower after removing my makeup so it's not a big deal, but sheesh, I think putting straight-up olive oil on my face would feel less oily and slimy.

At least you get a lot of makeup remover for a good price, and it does take off the makeup, but once I'm done with this I'm going to try a different brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

This is affordable and effective at taking waterproof make up off, but it is so oily! The oil seems to work it's way past my cheekbones, and leaves a nasty film on the skin. It also isn't that gentle for sensitive skin, I found it stung my eyelids, and burnt my eyes (as it's so oily it burnt my eyes for at least 15 mins)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Marge4

I have used this for 1 year and loved it until recently. I opened a new bottle and have had a terrible allergic reaction. Red rash on my eyelids and under eye area..stinging..burning. Had to switch back to LancĂ´me. Perhaps the formula changed? Will try to get information if Boots has consumer support here in the U.S. Too bad because I was so happy to have found something affordable that was gentle on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Ls252

I was hoping this would be comparable to the Botanics eye makeup remover, but boy was I wrong! I always use a lot of it and it still doesn't take all my makeup off it just kinda spreads it around and leaves my whole face oily. Will NOT repurchase. I will go back to using the Botanics one or maybe try Sonia Kashuk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This is an excellent affordable remover.I was using cliniques take the day off which was very good, but I grudge that kind of money for an eye make up remover when this stuff is just as good. I can buy ten bottles of this for the price of ONE of the Clinique.Expert sensitive(or simply sensitive) as it is known here in uk is a gentle fragrance free remover. No added unnecessary irritants or perfumes, a must for around the eyes.This removes everything easily with no rubbing or pulling.It is a little greasy, but as I wash afterwards this is not a problem.Try it at the price you really have nothing to lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by thetalldancer

not only is this affordable, but it works so well and is so gentle on my eyes! it is definitely one of my favorite eye makeup removers and it works very well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by pengwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i LOVE wearing an array of eye make up...liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, tons of mascara, eyeshadows, i've tried it all and i've also tried different eye make up remover products, a lot of which have worked great but you always get a little product at an expensive price...i tried boots on a whim as i was shopping for a new product b/c i ran out of mary kay's eye make up remover (great product, but pricey -$15 for a little 3.75 oz. & you have to order it online or through a consultant) so boots won me over b/c it works at the same consistency as mary kay's but for under $6 and i can get it at target :) it even removes water proof and i don't feel you have to scrub the crap out of your eyes...it is gentle to use on eyes (& i wear contacts) does not sting and yes, it does leave a little residue but that's ok with me b/c i do wash my face after i remove my make up and the residue comes off fine with what ever you wash your face with...my only quip with the packaging is i do wish it had a squirting stopper so it's easier to pour out onto cotton

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by pkkatalina

I think I bought the wrong formula, but this is what they had at Target. I am used to using Neut. Oil-Free. The Boots was cheaper, but I was in a hurry and forgot to read the label before purchasing. It is primarily mineral oil which leaves a residue. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just logged on to write a review about this product, only to find out that Alex193 had already written exactly what I was about to! Same here, red eyes and stinging, uncomfortable sensation using this. It's a shame, because it is very good at removing eye makeup, mascara included. I guess my eyes are too sensitive for this product, or maybe the product is not mild enough for sensitive eyes! Will go back to my Clinique Take the Day Off, which despite not being specifically targeted at sensitive eyes, has never given me any problem whatsoever!