Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

on 8/27/2015 6:58:00 PM

i mainly got this because i was interested in the hydrolized hyaluronic acid which means that it could actually penetrate the skin and not just sit on top of it. Penetrating the skin means deeper hydration AND plumper looking skin and it actually does that! It leaves my skin more hydrated and better looking. Great for summer and winter although it is just a hydrating toner so some might need a cream on top. I use only 4 drops for my whole face and neck which means that the bottle lasts me forever and i apply it on damp skin. I follow up with a serum and moisturizer after that. I mainly use it as a wrinkle preventer and to keep my skin always hydrated. It has never irritated my skin, in fact if a pimple comes durring hormonal changes this makes it go away faster by the deep moisturizing properties which means the higher the hydration the lesser the sebum.

on 8/22/2015 10:24:00 AM

Got the one in light,green packaging.Its really moisturizing and sometimes i even skip the process of applying moizturizing cream... (lazy fellow)anyway,i think it also make my pores less visible.

on 8/20/2015 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Love love this stuff. Okay, it's a bit time consuming to use correctly (all that patting....patting....patting) but it sure does work. I apply 2-3 drops on my hands rub together into a damp to wet face. Then follow with my favourite moisturiser or, if my skin is really dry - spritz a spray moisturiser on top and then seal the deal when it's all soaked in - with either my day or night cream. I've noticed my deeper wrinkles seem lessened and my finer lines are almost gone. This stuff has worked on my radiation dermatitis that every other moisturiser couldn't crack - I just applied it first, then the moisturiser. Reduced my daughters eczema outbreak as well. Awesome awesome stuff and I will never be without it again.

on 8/10/2015 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This feels more like a serum than a lotion- used post essence/toner. It is a thin watery gel like texture. You need to warm it up and pat and press onto the face. Depending on how dry your skin is, it will take more time to pat and press to absorb. It feels sticky at first when patting and pressing, not a great feeling but once it absorbs, your skin no longer feels sticky. It feels supple, moisturized, and smooth. But if you have dehydrated oily skin like me, you will need an additional moisturizer/cream to add on top. In the summer I use a water based moisturizing light gel cream that works but in the winter i definitely need a more moisturizing cream. It may not feel like much to add in your skincare regime. But it really does make a difference and helps with my skin feeling irritated from dehydration.

on 8/4/2015 5:10:00 PM

The good news: this helped me determine a breakout trigger for my finicky skin. The bad news: it made me break out after two uses. I noticed that I was using another product with one of the same main ingredients and realized butylene glycol is something my skin doesn't like. That being said, I couldn't really use it long enough to give it a thorough review. The container dispenses well. Only a few drops of product are needed and it soaks in after patting for about a minute. I was hoping this would work for me, but I'll have to find another HA product.

on 8/2/2015 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

it's called ultimate moisturizing lotion in my country but it has the same ingredients (just in different order). i like this product coz it contains no alcohol and very easily absorbed. i feel like it really preps my skin for the serum and moisturizer i put after it. i appreciate the fact that is is fragrance free too. nowadays it's difficult to find a good toner that contains no alcohol, no fragrance and still performs well. this one is al that so for that im giving it 5 lippies. repurchasing fo sure.

on 7/25/2015 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Can't believe it took me years to finally try out this product! I have acne prone skin that's quite sensitive, dry in the winter and oilier in summer.. but pretty dehydrated all year round. Now, there is a difference between dry and dehydrated skin! Dry skin lacks oil. Dehydrated skin lacks moisture.

Japanese beauty lingo might confuse you because this product is actually a toner, not a lotion as we know it. Japanese folks call their toners lotions. Asian-brand toners also don't function exactly the same as western-brand toners which further cleans the skin after using your cleanser which can strip your skin dry. Asian toners are more moisturising. Having said that, I don't use this toner with a cotton pad. I pat the product onto my skin using my hands.

This lotion contains hyaluronic acid, a humectant, as its main ingredient. Humectant ingredients work by drawing out moisture from the air and putting it in your face. Hence, this product is perfect for dehydrated skin. However, in using humectant-based products alone, there is a risk this moisture will eventually escape from your skin if you don't lock the moisture in using a thicker cream or moisturiser on top with an occlusive ingredient in it (ingredients that lock in moisture and oils applied onto the skin prior)... so this is exactly what I do. I've used this lotion alone and while the hydration lasts a few hours, my skin gets dry again. I NEED to layer face cream on top.

I should also mention that I never got any adverse reactions from this on my skin. No itchiness, redness, didn't make me too oily or too dry, no breakouts at all. Yay!!!

Having said all this though, for me I don't feel like this product is good by itself. Therefore it is not holy grail material for me. I've used other toners/skins/lotions/essences/serums in the past that work very similarly. But I think it's a great addition to my skincare routine because it actually works for my dehydrated skin. If you have dry or oily skin or anything in between BUT have dehydrated skin, I highly recommend this lotion! The packaging is no frills, the price is pretty good and although it's not readily and physically available in countries outside Asia, it's very easy to purchase online. I can't wait to try this product in summer where I'll use way less moisturisers, then I can really see the effects of this lotion on my skin!

on 7/20/2015 12:29:00 AM

Basically a cheap version SK II facial lotion

on 6/23/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This and many of the other products in the Hada Labo Gokujyn line have been a game changer for my skin that has been dealing with flaking and irritation first from Retin-A and now from Epiduo. I could tell my moisture levels have really increased now that I have been using it twice a day as the next step after cleansing. My skin is pretty sensitive and this feels soothing so soothing and calming when I put it on. Its fragrance-free and has pretty simple ingredients. For added hydration, I make a lotion mask with it weekly with cotton squares that I leave on for 15-30 minutes covered with a silicone mask. This works especially well when followed by the Hada Labo Hyaluronic Cream to seal in the moisture.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well, keeps moisture in~

Top Rated Hada Labo Products