August 23, 2014 | 1758 users online

Treatments - Hada Labo - Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by fraulette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love this product as i bought the second bottle few months ago. its a really good product. it last longer than any other beauty product i have. i love the way it promoted to people about how only the useful ingredients thats used n good for face. i love how it hydrates my skin. i usually use some drops of it before makeup. and its more inexpensive if its compared wih skII treatment lotion. i will always repurchase it as it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by BeverlyFrost

My HG. Have been using this for 3 years. tried different products along the way but still come back to Hada Labo eventually.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using this for a few months now, I have decided that I love this moisturizer. My skin is oily and acne-prone, and during the summer I need a very light (yet hydrating) moisturizer that won't clog my pores. This fits the bill.

I bought this on Amazon for around USD$16 (170 ml). Price varies by retailer online, so it helps to shop around. It comes in a plastic standing bottle with a flip cap that has a small hole. No issues with the packaging, for me anyway. The product is a colorless, odorless runny gel. It's like water, but with more of a viscosity. After cleansing, I dispense a dime-sized amount in my palm, rub my palms together to warm it up, and then gently pat all over my face and neck until fully absorbed.

It does feel a little bit sticky upon application, but once dry, my skin just feels soft, smooth and plumped. It hydrates well without leaving any residue, and it has never caused me to break out. This is similar to the Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel, but thinner in consistency. Both have a similar effect, but this is a better value (I paid about $10 for 50 ml with Sebamed).

This is an excellent, non-irritating hyaluronic acid moisturizer for oily skin. It's very gentle, and fairly inexpensive for the amount you get. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by bluecapri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, am in air-conditioning for most of the day and this really has helped in keeping my skin moisturised throughout the day. After finishing my 1st bottle I didn't repurchase as I wanted to try new stuff. Unfortunately nothing else (so far) has worked as well, leaving my face feeling tight and dry even with moisturiser. I repurchased my 2nd bottle immediately after.

I usually apply this after cleansing, and use about 5 drops for whole face. Spread on fingers, and gently pat face. If I'm in a rush I gently massage it in - helps absorb slightly faster. It does have that sticky feel but I realised this depends on how much is used.

Packaging is good: clear plastic bottle allows me to see how much has been used, flip cap to prevent spillage (very travel-friendly).

It lasts a long time too! I've been on my 2nd bottle for 4 months now, and I'm only halfway through.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

Going on my third bottle and I would buy this product again and again! I've never called anything my HG product because I'm quite picky when it comes to skin-care. I usually like to use a product for longer period of time, or sometimes even finish a product before giving it a review it deserves, unless of course it gives me bad side effects such as irritation or break outs. So this is the first product out of everything that I have used until this day that deserves the HG label.

I use it as a toner right after I cleanse my face, or after my acne treatment if that's part of my routine. What I do is I squeeze out around 5 drops on my palm, pat the product all over my face, then gently pat my face with both hands until the product is completely absorbed into the skin, which usually takes about 15 seconds or depending on how much product is used. Right after it, I apply my serum and moisturizer. I noticed that this products helps prep the skin to absorb the serum and moisturizer much better. My skin feels much more balanced since using this product.

The price is great for how much you get. I use it twice a day and finished one bottle in six months. Sometimes I use a little more depending on how dry my skin feels. I think it's a must-try for those with combination skin or maybe even oily skin. For a long time I thought I have oily skin (because of my acne) and used mainly products that really dry out my skin. After years of trials and errors and doing much research I learned that using products targeted toward oily skin can sometimes further strip you skin of natural oil and thus your skin will compensate by producing even more oil, which then leads to clogged pores, acne, etc. So I started properly moisturizing my skin, making sure it is balanced instead of oil-free, and now my mild acne is slowing improving. So give it a try, replace your alcohol-based toner for oily skin with this one and see how it turns out, start with a little bit first. You might be very happy that you gave it a chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a Japanese toner that is meant to be used after cleansing and preps your face for moisturizer/serum afterwards. I bought this near the beginning of winter when I found that my moisturizer wasn't able to keep up with the weather on its own. This is advertised to hydrate your skin so it seemed perfect at the time. I used the light version as I had heard it was better for oily/combination skin.

The product has the consistancy of water out of the bottle. While the packaging looks nice and refreshing, it made it a bit unwieldy for dispensing something so fluid. I put 2-3 drips onto my hand, rubbed it around and tried to pat it in like they show on the product videos. On the 2nd or 3rd pat, my hands and face were immediately sticky. Not just tacky but sticky like tape. It was unbearably uncomfortable so I gave up for the night and just applied my normal moisturizer.

The whole thing struck me as a little odd as this product has rave reviews about it feeling so moisturizing and picking up dry skin really well. I dug into the internet so here's the summary on how to make this product work like the reviewers say:

If your skin is dehydrated already (which you may or may not notice), this product will basically feel sticky right away. If you experience this, you should try to layer the product. Instead of using 2-3 drips, you will probably need 5-6 and you will have to apply it a few times. On the first night I did this, I did about 8 layers but near the end, the stickiness was almost gone. My skin must have been so dry!

If you live in a place with low humidity, you will need to apply this in a higer humidity environment. Apparently this product draws moisture from the air but if there isn't enough in the air, it will try to do it from your skin. The easiest place to apply this is after your shower when the shower room is still steamy. I also found that sitting in front of a humidifier also works (I have one of those tear dropped shaped things that just pumps out cool steam). The last method I tried was applying it on a damp face; just lightly pat dry with a towel after cleansing and leave a noticable amount of water behind.

Last but not least, and this is just an anecdote, I found that there was almost no stickiness when used after exfoliating. I used it as an indication from my skin that it was ready for some exfoliating and my face seemed happy with that.

Eventually, after the trial and error, I finally got the "plump and moisturized" feeling. The sticky feeling reared its head when my skin was dry (like walking around the house after a hot shower) but it wasn't as bad as when I first started out. Did it make a visible difference to my skin? I'm not really sure at this point. I didn't experience a "glow" that some people claim or "smoother, youthful" skin. But hey, together with my moisturizer, it did seem to hold off dry, flaky skin longer.

Short summary: you may have to change how you use this product depending on your skin condition and your local weather so that you don't get the sticky feeling upon application. It does hydrate your skin but, unless you live somewhere hot and humid, you will need to use this with a moisturizer. It is fairly cheap at RRP 1200 for a bottle which holds a decent amount of product (refill packets are even cheaper). I didn't experience the amazing effects written in some of the rave reviews and overall, I just found it annoying having to park myself in a humid room before putting this on. I have since found a different routine that keeps winter air at bay on its own so I won't be repurchasing this.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I found my HG toner/lotion in SKII, but I think Hada Labo trumps it. When I googled "best Japanese toner" this was literally the only result. With a tagline like "One drop seals an ocean" and a reputation that one bottle sells every two seconds, I can see why this product is such hot property. It's so inexpensive compared to SKII's Facial Treatment Lotion, and the bottle is just as big. The formula is very runny and slightly sticky, but the tackiness goes away once I've gently massaged it in with my fingertips. I've been using it religiously twice a day and I think it helps my essence and moisturizer sink in better in compared to SKII's. My skin feels very hydrated and soft - no breakouts as of yet. The only con for me is the packaging. I think a pump bottle would be more ergonomic and allow better control over the amount of product being dispensed. Other than that, this is my HG toner!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall - 4
Price - 3
Packaging - 4

Decided to try a hydrating toner instead of the astringent ones and I'm glad I chose this one. It's made my skin plumper and look better since I've started using it. I only use 1-2 drops (a little goes a long way!) and slap/pat it into my skin after cleansing before I apply any serums or moisturizers. It has no noticeable scent, is colourless and runny. Similar to water but only slightly, very slightly more viscous.
I've had it about a year now and it's only now at the halfway point so I don't mind the $15-20CAD (170ml) price tag for it. My skin is only the drier side and this gives it that extra bit of moisture it needs. Occasionally, in the summer this is all I need to apply and forgo the other moisturizers.
I was skeptical the first few times I tried it. I mean like a previous reviewer said, it's like applying sticky water to your face. Don't rub it into your face. Pat or "slap" it into your skin. This reduces the sticky feeling. Having stuck to it, it's made my complexion more even and even reduced the depth of an old acne scar that I'd given up hope on. Granted, the scar wasn't as deep as some people with severe acne and it's still there when you look, but it has made it less noticeable. I suspect the extra moisture has just made the scar plumper and fuller thus less noticeable. Will the effect disappear if I stop or switch? Possibly - I don't know but I don't intend to find out by testing it! Your mileage may vary though.

My only gripe is that there is methylparaben in it. I've been trying to stay away from parabens in my cosmetics and skincare but this stuff is so good I'll keep repurchasing unless I find something that's just as good.

Ingredients : Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Succinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyethycellulose, Methylparaben, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinic Acid

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the normal Hada Labo SHA travel set as a trial because I've been reading countless raves about it and I need a good but light toner and moisturiser.

Thoughts? I love them.

After cleansing, I use 6-7 drops of the toner lotion and pat into my skin until it's soft. Followed by one and a half drop of the moisturising milk lotion. I feel very light and soft when it dries, giving a fresh start to the day. I have oily skin and they never have caused any breakouts.

Recently, I got the light lotion for oily/combi skin and I really am loving it. It's a little pricey because I bought it in Singapore as Malaysian stores do not carry it but so worth it. I only use it in the mornings though because my skin gets oily very easily under the hot and humid Malaysian weather! I know a lot of people say that they feel no difference between the regular and the light lotion, but if you have really oily and combi skin like me, the light lotion feels extra light with better absorption on the skin. It's lovely.

As for oil control, it does help but not very significant. I just love that it is a great moisturiser, serving their main purpose of purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Halakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant count how many bottles i have finished of this product, its sooooo gentle for skin with eczema and sensitive skin, very hydrating you will not be disappointed