December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Treatments - Hada Labo - Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why it's such a crowd favourite:

- Texture:

It has an incredibly light watery texture. It may look like a toner or even a make-up remover, but don't let it fool you though. Albeit lightweight, it has a patent-pending blend of hyaluronic acid called Super Hyaluronic Acid. I mentioned earlier that other products with Hyaluronic Acid alone only provides surface hydration. This is supported by a handful of dermatologists that noted that hyaluronic acid molecules are too big to pass through the skin's top epidermal layer. This however, contains three types of hyaluronic acid, of differing molecular size, that would deliver moisture through the deeper layers of the skin.

( Update: from 4th december, the lotion now contains four types of hyaluronic acid)

- Control:

I love that it's such a versatile product. You can control the moisture level per use, according to your skin's current needs. Directions recommended using 2 drops, which would offer light hydration suitable for daytime. I typically use 3 - 5 drops of the lotion at night, where 5 drops is the equivalent to the level of a night cream.

It would take longer for it to be fully absorbed into the skin, but a little patience would do the trick. Just keep massaging it into the skin until all of the lotion is absorbed, when skin feels dry.

- The Finish:

No greasy aftermath and unlike some moisturisers, this does not form a transparent layer over the skin as well.

- Absorbs readily into the skin (when 2-3 drops are used)

- Increases absorption of other products ( Similar to the L'Oréal Youth Code pre-essence)

- You get a whooping amount of product: 5.7 fl. oz/ 170 ml for SGD 21.90. One bottle lasts me for more than a year.

This is one of those products that I feel that every woman should know about. It's one that really works great with all skin types. Those with oily skin (like me) would love the lightweight texture whereas those with dry skin would love its deep hydration. It's truly a great product with a great value. I really wouldn't know what I would be doing without it.

To read more about Hyaluronic Acid and products you never even knew had hyaluronic acid, (eg. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation/Concealor, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation etc) you can read my post- Everything You Need To Know about Hyaluronic Acid : http://claudlyy.blogspot.com/2014/12/moisture-up-everything-you-need-to-know.html

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a year on and off. I was very clogged in summer. I don't blame thus product, but I stopped using it for a while. I just didn't need it in summer. My sunscreebs hydrate. I do have dry skin, but my face clogs easily. It's winter and I use pro retinol and AHA and my skin looked tight. I went back to this and it hydrates so nicely and its so simple. Just keeps water in the skin. My skin is plumper and soft. I really love the feel. I have used it on my hair too to detangler. It will dry skin in some situations, but it has never done that for me. I pat it on wet and let it dry as my first step. It doesn't interfer with active working as far as I can tell. It seems to prepare the skin form the best step. I am using mositurizer as well, but I am careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Ratten1996

To be honest,I hated the packaging.

I have normal skin,maybe the hydration is too overwhelming for me that's why my skin couldn't absorb it well and always left a sticky layer on my skin,which can be super irritating during summer. The price is there,maybe it works for people with dry skin. For me,I threw the whole bottle away after 3 use,never will I purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by sezling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few years now and up until recently wasn't really won over by it. It never irritated my skin but neither was it super moisturising (before this month, all along I had been relying solely on this and Hada Lab Milk for day time moisture). I bought this recently when I went back to Malaysia and have really come to appreciate its simplicity, efficacy and price! My skin has been so sensitive with the seasonal change that even the Hada Labo milk I normally used after this was causing me to feel itchy. However this I can pat all over, even on my eyes. It's a great skin preparation for the products to come after (I now use a serum and cream from other brands). I'm keen to try other toners however each bottle lasts ages, so I will be happily content for quite a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by lunarian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have combination dehydrated skin that is extremely sensitive, a terrible combination which means that I have to be extremely picky with the products I choose. I bought this product a while back believing it would help to moisturise my skin and hopefully clear up my acne. Instead it made me break out over night. Nevertheless, I wasn't sure if it was exactly that product or something else that had caused the pimples to appear, so I kept it in my bathroom cupboard. Now two days ago I decided I would try it again just to be certain, and once again acne has erupted all over my face and neck. I almost cried when I saw myself in the mirror this morning. This is after just two days of use.

I trust that this product is excellent for many skin types, but for some reason it is a complete no-go for me. I wish I knew why.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really lovely stuff. It actually brought a couple of old milia to the surface of my skin, where I could take them out easily. I use it at night because it has a bit of a sticky finish. My skin seems less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by imminentfate

The skin around my cheeks peels incredibly easily and I've tried a billion moisturisers in a vain effort to stop the flaking! I had almost resigned myself to a lifetime of flakey gross cheeks when I found Hada Labo. I live in Singapore, where Japanese and Korean skincare products are a big thing, so I can't believe it took me so long to discover this! over the past week, I've experimented with applying this product in different ways and this is the best way I've found: 1) obtain a thin cotton pad 2) soak each side of the cotton pad with about 4-5 drops of lotion 3) tear pad apart, put on cheeks for 5-10 mins, until the pad feels COMPLETELY dry 4) repeat morning and evening This method has transformed my cheeks from parched and flaking to plump and glowy. the only downside is that this method uses a LOT of product and at around US$15 (S$22) for a bottle, its not cheap. Still, whatever works I guess!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

finished my first bottle
a bit thick but i dilute it with aloe gel, amazing for oily combo skin with dry patches :)
HG quality

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by fraulette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love this product as i bought the second bottle few months ago. its a really good product. it last longer than any other beauty product i have. i love the way it promoted to people about how only the useful ingredients thats used n good for face. i love how it hydrates my skin. i usually use some drops of it before makeup. and its more inexpensive if its compared wih skII treatment lotion. i will always repurchase it as it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by BeverlyFrost

My HG. Have been using this for 3 years. tried different products along the way but still come back to Hada Labo eventually.