Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

on 7/25/2015 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Can't believe it took me years to finally try out this product! I have acne prone skin that's quite sensitive, dry in the winter and oilier in summer.. but pretty dehydrated all year round. Now, there is a difference between dry and dehydrated skin! Dry skin lacks oil. Dehydrated skin lacks moisture.

Japanese beauty lingo might confuse you because this product is actually a toner, not a lotion as we know it. Japanese folks call their toners lotions. Asian-brand toners also don't function exactly the same as western-brand toners which further cleans the skin after using your cleanser which can strip your skin dry. Asian toners are more moisturising. Having said that, I don't use this toner with a cotton pad. I pat the product onto my skin using my hands.

This lotion contains hyaluronic acid, a humectant, as its main ingredient. Humectant ingredients work by drawing out moisture from the air and putting it in your face. Hence, this product is perfect for dehydrated skin. However, in using humectant-based products alone, there is a risk this moisture will eventually escape from your skin if you don't lock the moisture in using a thicker cream or moisturiser on top with an occlusive ingredient in it (ingredients that lock in moisture and oils applied onto the skin prior)... so this is exactly what I do. I've used this lotion alone and while the hydration lasts a few hours, my skin gets dry again. I NEED to layer face cream on top.

I should also mention that I never got any adverse reactions from this on my skin. No itchiness, redness, didn't make me too oily or too dry, no breakouts at all. Yay!!!

Having said all this though, for me I don't feel like this product is good by itself. Therefore it is not holy grail material for me. I've used other toners/skins/lotions/essences/serums in the past that work very similarly. But I think it's a great addition to my skincare routine because it actually works for my dehydrated skin. If you have dry or oily skin or anything in between BUT have dehydrated skin, I highly recommend this lotion! The packaging is no frills, the price is pretty good and although it's not readily and physically available in countries outside Asia, it's very easy to purchase online. I can't wait to try this product in summer where I'll use way less moisturisers, then I can really see the effects of this lotion on my skin!

on 7/20/2015 12:29:00 AM

Basically a cheap version SK II facial lotion

on 6/23/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This and many of the other products in the Hada Labo Gokujyn line have been a game changer for my skin that has been dealing with flaking and irritation first from Retin-A and now from Epiduo. I could tell my moisture levels have really increased now that I have been using it twice a day as the next step after cleansing. My skin is pretty sensitive and this feels soothing so soothing and calming when I put it on. Its fragrance-free and has pretty simple ingredients. For added hydration, I make a lotion mask with it weekly with cotton squares that I leave on for 15-30 minutes covered with a silicone mask. This works especially well when followed by the Hada Labo Hyaluronic Cream to seal in the moisture.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well, keeps moisture in~

on 5/25/2015 5:25:00 AM

The only product that literally gives hydration for my oily but dehydrated skin. No more flaky or dry patches.

on 5/16/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff has single-handedly saved my skin from the perils of dehydration. My skin is ridiculously oily, clog-prone, and reactive AKA an epic PITA. I can't use most (if any) of the heavy creams on the market and my skin does not like occlusives, so treating dehydration in the past has always ended up just causing another problem. This time the culprit was tretinoin, but my skin seems to always be slightly dehydrated no matter what I do.

I'd previously tried a HA serum from Garden of Wisdom, but it actually made my skin drier/tighter no matter how I applied it. I pretty much gave up on HA after that, but I had heard a lot about this and figured it was worth a shot. I apply about 3 drops to slightly damp skin and then you might as well hear angels singing. It sinks right in and leaves me with nothing but smooth, calm, hydrated skin. As previously mentioned, my skin is extremely oily, and I've found that this works excellently as a stand-alone moisturizer for me.

After 5 days of use my skin is almost back to normal -- flaking has subsided, tightness is gone, and fine lines are beginning to disappear (note: these were due to the dehydration, not aging). I've also noticed a vast improvement in texture and decrease in redness. Add that to the fact that it has not caused any acne issues and I've got myself a potential HG. I will be interested to see how this fares through the rest of the summer and colder months, but so far I'm pretty optimistic. I paid $13.55 on Amazon (Prime) and think that's more than fair for the amount (5.7oz).

on 5/15/2015 7:01:00 AM

This is an amazing product and this has 3 types of hyaluronic acid! I'm a big fan of using products like this but the one. I was buying MUAC's but with this product you get so much more and for way less $$! I started using this after I had used way to much AHA's and my skin was really tight and had a burning sensation. So I thought this would be helpful in getting my skin repaired after using too much chemical exfoilion. I apply a few drops and you warm it between your hands and pat it in. Since using this right after I use my Thayers Rose toner I would usually apply an aha then this. Right now I'm just using the Hado Labo and I use the milk as well. I have not peeled and my skin is so soft and plump.

This product really is good. I apply this 2x's a day to a moist face, and sometimes I use it just when I need some extra moisture. I'm in my 30's now so I'm very aware at how skin care is really important and this just plumps everything up. It makes my skin look and feel much younger! Hyaluronic acids are important in skin care they help the cells hold water so the skin looks plump. Since this has 3 types if hyaluronic acid including one that is patented by Shisido. My skin is so calm, even, and soft! After my chemical peels this is so soothing and I don't flake or peel anymore!

I bought a 2 pack that contains this and the milk which I use to add extra moisture. I have combo skin and this does not make me more oily nor do I over produce oil. It's like my skin is happily balanced. This is supposed to be used as a toner. I personally use a gentle toner like Thayers I then use my acid. I like Mandelic then I rub this between my hands to warm it and pat it into my skin. The benefits are so good for me! My skin has never been more smooth and hydrated! It has no scent and is very gentle on my sensitive skin. It's good after using this to seal it with a moisturizer that helps keep the good stuff in. I have not broken out either and I am acne prone if im not careful. But personally I love this product!

I purchased mine on Amazon and I also purchased the hydrating facial cleanser. So I'm really happy I'm using this product because my skin is thanking me! It's behaving so well with this. Also it has a low ph which I like in my skin care. I read it's a 4 which is great in my book. I love this product and I feel it would work with a majority of skin types. It's so gentle and effective I couldn't be more happy with this! I will repurchase this as long as I can. It's been a game changer in my skincare. So Recommend!

on 5/12/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Buy again? Yes yes yes. it does plump my face with just 3 drops. and it is also very cheap which i really love. Thanks to the reviewer on earlier post, she advise to use it on wet face and i completely agree with her. It is more effective being used this way. Maybe some one will find it is not effective because she use it wrong way and the label does not tell exactly how we should use it. please dont discontinue!

on 5/6/2015 10:26:00 AM

I am kicking myself for NOT trying this sooner!

My combination oily skin had been feeling particular dehydrated for a couple of months and nothing seemed to help.... THEN I decided to give this a go. And boy was I glad that I did!

After cleansing my face, I put around 2-3 drips/small splashes on the palm of my hand, rub them together then gently pat the lotion onto my face (including my eyes and lips) and neck until the lotion is fully absorbed.

Besides giving my thirsty skin an extra boost of hydration, I was also pleasantly surprised to find after a month of consistent use (morning and night), the skin under my eyes seems to be a little plumper and the fine lines a little less obvious.

2 important points:

1) Use it IMMEDIATELY after drying your face. The longer you wait between drying your face and applying the lotion decreases the effectiveness of the product
2) The lotion absorbs better if you PAT (as opposed to massage/rub) it onto your face and neck

********************************************************************************************************

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Succinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyethycellulose, Methylparaben, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinic Acid

on 5/6/2015 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used to have REALLY, REALLY dry skin. Until I tried this product... this is the HOLY GRAIL of all HYDRATING TONERS / FACE LOTIONS out there. After use (with the cleanser as well) you can notice a difference already. Now my skin is soft and supple (as long as I'm using this thing).

A little goes along the way! 3 drops if your skin is really dry, 1-2 drops for normal skin.

I am on my 3rd bottle and decided to put it in a mist bottle! It feels super refreshing.

Top Rated Hada Labo Products