December 20, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lip Liners - Too Faced - Perfect Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Perfect Nude and it is the perfect shade for my skin tone!
Since my lips are quite dark naturally, I couldn't find a nude shade that looked nice on me. But this is great, not too brown like other nudes, looks more pinky-mauve on me, just perfect!! And it doesn't look washed off on my medium to dark skin! I usually wear it alone with a lip balm so it doesn't dry out my lips.
My only complaint is that I think they have slightly changed the color along with the new packaging. Not anything too obvious, but I believe the old pencil was a bit more pinkish..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I'm not sure what possessed me to buy this lip pencil. Granted, it's good - right thickness and creamy consistency - but it's too expensive to re-purchase and a pain to sharpen. I found I wasted a lot drying to get a good point. I prefer automatic lip pencils.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I got the Perfect Lips liner in the colour 'perfect red' and the colour is beautiful. I like that it makes my lipstick last a long time and it can be used alone. What I absolutely cannot stand about the liner is that is dries my lips out so badly even if I use a chapstick before I apply it. They feel all crackly and dehydrated. For that reason I will not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Perfect Nude and it is a perfect lipliner. Goes on really smoothly, lasts for ages and doesn't dry out the lips. The colour is really nice too, I even wear it by itself with just some clear gloss over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I have this lip liner in "Perfect Nude" and its a slightly spice brownish/pink nude shade. Its beautiful! It goes well with any pinky/brown shades. It lasts ALL day (my goodness, as I am now becoming addicted to Too Faced Cosmetics!) LOL

It's pigmented, and doesn't rub off easily (a plus in my book)! A great lip liner, going to need to buy more colors!

The only slight complaint is it looks like the lip liner pencial might break..not the actual pencil, but the lip liner since its a sharpener type of pencial, but the liner sort of "sticks out" to wear I keep fearing it will just break off-but so far has not! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Colour selection is gorgeous, packaging is gorgeous application is great and long wearing. All round a beautiful lip liner very happy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by liz_munroe

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip liner. It's pricey unfortunately but for my lips and skin tone, it's the perfect color. As a reference, it's slightly deeper than Rimmel Addiction. Perhaps it's helpful to know that I recently tried Boots No. 7 nude and that color on me is too orange-y. It's so difficult to find a good mlbb lip liner that I can just use to make my lips look a little more polished and add a touch of lip balm over the top for a natural/neutral look. For me, this liner and the Rimmel one are the winners so far. I will probably look for a dupe though because it is kind of pricey to repurchase. If I don't find one, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love lipliner and bought this liner over and over again. I can not get over the unusual shade and how smooth it is.
Like most have mentioned nude liners can be tend to have a lot of brown or orange. This shade is deep but not dark-has an almost dusty quality about it. So when you pare it with lighter or more vibrant shades of lipstick or gloss, it does not peep through like a brighter liner. I would say it is a rose/mauve color. Rose meaning a peach based pink, and mauve being a medium toned blue based pink-thus making this a true neutral.
To compare it to two other popular nude pencils. Smashbox Nude Lip Pencil in light is way brighter and really orange compared to perfect lips. Lancome le lipstique in ideal is too brownish and too dark to wear with light and nude shades.
This liner does not ball up when applying. I hate those crumbles of pencils that make the line uneven. Lancome and Chanel pencils both do that on me.
It goes on really smooth, lasts hours, and fades out evenly. I notice the shade turns to more of a peach tone on me after a few hours wear, but the fact it is so muted and not a vibrant shade makes it wearable and universal.
They need an attached brush to the liner, period. I would gladly pay more, to me this is a steal already. That shade, for some reason, is hard to find. Cult fave Wet n Wild #666 is darker but a close match -the old formula and with no shimmer.
That was a lowbrow pencil though in a great color, this is not luxury but considered quality in my book.
EDIT~Well, I'm bummed Too Faced changed the packaging of this lip liner and added a few more shades. I still sometimes buy the original on ebay because the new automatic pencil sucks. If you leave the cap off it dries so badly you can't use it. It's just SUPER dry already and of course, mine broke right away. Due to the new formula the shade is just not the same either. Never found a replacement for that shade. Currently, I am using Lancome Le Lipstique in Sheer Natural. it's nice enough, has a brush, applies well..It seems like their "sheer" pencils don't crumble as much. Oh well. It's REALLY hard to find a good nude/natural lip liner...I also have a Shisheido pencil in hazelnut which is not bad. Super light though..Hourglass Trace in Bare was excellent but It may be discontinued.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i think it is a bit darker than subculture by mac, as a lot of you are comparing it to. it def much creamier and smoother to put on and not as drying and hard as subculture!!. it's a nice neutral pinkish color, not brown which i like. i got mine on ebay so only paid around $10. but i think it's best to test it out in sephora to see if it is your perfect nude before you spend 18$. i will buy this before subculture for now on!! just due to the creamier consistency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked this lip liner, but honestly, its pretty overpriced (nearly $20 in Canada). There are many other similar pinky-nude liners out there that cost way less. I have NYX's retractable lip liner in #10 "nude" and it is identical ($6.99), and NYX's lip pencil in 810 "natural" which is also pretty close ($3.99). I dont think this shade is really that unique. Sure, its smooth and a nice lip liner, but not significantly better quality than a drug store brand, so I deducted lippies for the price. (The packaging is really cute though - liner itself is a pink floral print with cursive writing).