October 24, 2014 | 913 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Cbooth17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this product. I cannot reccomend this blush enough. The color has a bit of a sparkle to it in the package, but the sparkle is not visible when put on the face. Adds a nice tint of color without overpowering the face. Definetly worth a try

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Classic beautiful true pink. I love everything about this blush. At first look I was terrified of the color - bright bubblegum pink! But I really need a TRUE pink blush for at least half the year, and this could not give a more perfect natural flush for my skin tone. I also love the packaging. I have had so many blushes break in compacts but this tin is indestructable. A great blush, great value for the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Such a gorgeous blush! Just received it in a swap and was so surprised at how pigmented it was! Never had a powder blush that was as pigmented. It's a lovely color, especially for fairer skin tones, being a light pink. It goes on smoothly and really is lovely. Just wish the packaging was better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Cargo blushes and have several. The quality and texture are just outstanding. Catalina is a bright bubble-gum pink in the pan. It looks much softer on the skin. It is a nice matte pink and looks natural when applied lightly. I don't know if I would purchase this particular color again, because it seems like many lines have this shade. However, the lasting power is good and the big pans make it easy to get an even distribution of color on your brush. I love the tins because they're not plastic. Some have said they have difficulty with the lids. I don't store my makeup in the bathroom, so I wonder if that accounts for my not having this problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know it's silly, but the only reason I bought this blush was because the MUA of Gossip Girl said it was her favorite blush and it looks good on everyone. She was right that the color did suit my fair, cool toned skin. HOWEVER as some have said this is so chalky!! For me, it doesn't blend well (especially compared to The Big Easy which I also own). Also, I have to wear it with foundation on because if I just wear it on my bare skin it brings out the redness in my skin. It's a nice blush..but I'm swapping it away because I love NARS Mata Hari SO much better and I realized I was forcing myself to wear Catalina because it was new but I like Mata Hari a lot better. They're not the same color but I don't need a million cool toned pink blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Jacqu1em

Sadly, I am down to the final rim of this product & will be sad to see it go. Perfect pigment, staying power & has never looking clownish on my near translucent complexion. Great in every season.

Once I have completed Project 10 Pan successfully, I will defintiely be repurchasing this as well as a few other shades I have been eyeing up! x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Evalyn1889

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blush! It blends extraordinarily well (on prepped or non-prepped skin to boot!) and looks fantastic on my skin, like my own natural coloring. I am about as white as they come (picture Anne Hathaway), but even on my friends who are of much warmer skin tone than I, it still looks amazing, almost natural. I would buy this a million times over if it didn't contain rather a great deal of chemicals that I don't want to give the chance to absorb into me (it rates 6/10 on ewg.org/skindeep, which kind of crushed my soul, I'm not gonna lie).
Their blu_ray blush rates 3/10, so I'd say look into that instead - the blend-ability is just as good

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by emigrippa

Cargo Catalina Blush comes in a silver tin with a removable lid. The color in the tin is very vibrant and very matte, which I love since it will give you a more natural look. I have olive skin and with my other blushes it took quite a bit to get a desired result but with this product I don't need much. I purchased this blush on sale for $20 and it was worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by juliemitc

I recently was fed up with looking muddy using other blushes and I wanted to find a matte plain old pink. I was about to buy one of Tarte's new blushes, when I saw the cargo counter, and I remembered that I have Catalina in my stash. I swatched it and I really like the finish and pigmentation, so I decided to just go home and use the one I already owned. This whole month it is all I ever use. I love the pigmentation, but those with darker skin tones will have to use more. Also I like that it is basically neutral, even though I first thought it was more cool toned.

Also this is really odd, because I have rosacea, I had stopped using baby pink blushes because it emphasizes my redness. However, when I wear more natural make-up, I cover up the rosacea mostly, then add this to my cheeks and it gives me a perfect flush continue along my cheeks after the areas where my natural redness stops.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this blush a lot. It's the perfect natural pink that isn't orangey at all but manages to have a bit of warmth to it. Not sure how that works but it does. It gives a soft, glowy flush. It is very matte with no sparkle whatsoever. I wish it had a bit more depth to it - being so matte, it feels a little flat - but other than that, it's pretty perfect.