July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Treatments (Face) - Bobbi Brown - Brightening Intensive Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina09

Wow. This winter has been harsh ... and my skin seconds that! I have been searching for my once flawless skin for about 4 years now ... and I just cannot figure out what the heck is going on. Products made for dry skin make my skin oily. And products for oily skin quickly dry my skin up and make it IMPOSSIBLE for even the MOST expensive foundation to look remotely decent on me. Enter .... Bobbi Brown's Brightening Intensive Serum. I am an avid makeupalley reader ... and my belief was always that Bobbi Brown is a MAKEUP maven and that I should turn ELSEWHERE for skincare. Well ... this serum is the ONLY thing that has NOT broken me out and has actually managed to BALANCE the moisture content in my skin. My cheeks are now the SAME plumpness as my chin as is my forehead to my nose. Before this serum .... different areas of my face were acting like they were from different people. I need balance and I needed it fast. NO breakouts whatsoever ... no greasiness and best of all ... I feel like my face as a whole is ALL from the same person once again. I am going to try more of her products now ... because this one really seemed to do the job. The BB sales person also gave me a sample of the Bobbi Gel Cream moisturizer to dab on top of the serum during the day for "surface" moisture until my skin gets back on track and it is working quite well! Thanks Bobbi Brown!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having been a fan of Bobbi's intensive skin supplement I was excited to see that she had released a new serum. This serum is very similar to the Skin Supplement in terms of consistency and quick absorption. I love that its a bigger size at 1.7oz./50ml but cringe at the price tag. $95 for the Brightening serum and $65 for the Skin Supplement for 1.0oz.

I'll be honest I think the only difference in the two is one has a high concentration of vitamin C while the other does not. They both seem to accomplish the same thing, I just think the new one does it faster. The bottle itself is very pretty, its a pretty bright white, almost like marble. But none the less this serum has improved my skin/complexion considerably. I have combination skin (oily tzone & dry cheeks) and have noticed that what little dryness I had is almost gone. My skin isn't terrible by any means, I've had MUA tell me I have the smoothest skin they've seen. And aside from a little redness in the cheeks I have an over all clear complexion.

Over all I would definitely repurchase. This bottle should last a good 4-5 months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No