December 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Skincare - Face - Acne.org - Organic Jojoba Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the nice reviews about this product, I said to myself that I have to try it! I did and it didn't go well. I tried it from many brands. It is horrible.

As a cleanser- I put a few drops in my palms, I warmed up the oil, applied it on my face and neck, massaged, washed it off first with a cotton pad soaked in warm water and then with my facial wash, followed up by my toner. Gave me deep cysts and some pimples.

As a moisturiser- the first few times I put it on dry skin and I noticed that the next morning my skin was dry with some white patches so the next evening I put it on wet skin and in the morning my skin was looking better. But after just few days, this stuff gave me pimples and cysts. I thought I am having the purging days but after a few weeks of trying different brands, I just had to give up on it because it gave me some horrible, deep, painful cysts on my neck and on my face that lasted for weeks to go away and left scars!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kj458

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used a many diff brands of jojoba oil and they all work great! There's no comparison when it comes to removing eye makeup. It takes off every trace of makeup while moisturizing your eyelids. Better than olive oil because its less thick and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by aaberridge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this jojoba oil for years. I used to have acne prone skin that was very oily. At the time I was using benzoyl peroxide to treat my acne. I started using this oil by adding a couple drops to my moisturizer of choice. I like it so much that I have never stopped. I am now 40 and I no longer have oily acne prone skin, and in fact if I am not careful, I can dry my skin out. I still love to add a couple drops of this oil to my moisturizer. Even though my skin care regimen has changed drastically, I have never stopped using the jojoba oil. I love it. The ONLY complaint I have is that the bottle can get messy. I just clean it with warm water here and there. This product was great for my skin and has never broken me out. I'm still on my first bottle because I only need a drop or two at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Jojoba oil is the best you will find. You can use it alone as a moisturizer, bath or shower oil, hair oil, skin oil

You can use as a massage oil (add your own lavender oil, etc)

I use it as a make up remover

The BEST thing about Jojoba oil vs. many of the others -- it NEVER goes rancid

Many oils are delicate, need to be stored in the 'fridge and have a max shelf life of 6 mo to 2 yrs tops

You don't need to worry about this oil as it can last forever and will never go rancid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried to use this in conjunction with the Acne.org moisturizer because my skin was drying out from all the benzoyl peroxide, but somehow this actually made my dry skin worse! I'm not sure what happened but it was only after I stopped adding the jojoba oil that my skin got back to its normal texture. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I thought I'd mention what it did for me.
That being said, it seems like a good quality oil, and it's a good amount for what you pay on the Acne.org site. The dropper bottle leaks horribly so there's a constant film of oil on the side of the bottle. This didn't work at all for me on my face so now I'm trying to find other uses for it, or just ship it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Years ago I tried Jojoba oil, and there was a problem.
Here's how oils and skin work.
Things that have a low molecular weight such as Jojoba oil, Squalene, apricot oil, and some other natural oils *will* clog your pores,because of the small molecules and lack of viscosity.
Petroleum jelly *Will NOT* clog your pores because it has a high molecular weight which creates an impenetrable film on the skin. While it doesn't moisturize the skin, it keeps it hydrated. Petroleum Jelly traps the moisture in the upper layers of the skin surface and prevents it from evaporating. If your cleanser is ineffective or your face simply isn't clean (if yuou have active pustules on your face) you will break out because vaseline traps that stuff in. That's why so many people *think" it causes break outs, but they don't know the science.
You know what doesn't clog pores?
Pond's cold cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I need to verify that i didn't purchase the jojoba oil from acne.org...i got a bottle from a health food store....Tried for only three days (day and night) but didn't moisturized at all and dried my face like a raisin....I was thinking maybe it's the change of weather or coz i felt sick these days but noooo..........it's definately because of this oil...i stopped using the oil today while my skin is still feeling tight and hot during the day........but after i washed everything off again at night and put on my usual skincare without the oil my skin is back to normal again...........i was hoping this can replace my expensive vichy serum but i guess not............

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've read a lot about jojoba oil and its benefits for anti-aging, moisturizing, acne, etc. This particular bottle has lasted me a little over 2 years for almost every day use at night.

Pros: feels nice when putting on, can be mixed with moisturizer pretty well, doesn't break me out, little dropper at the top of the bottle allows you to adjust how much you use.

cons: packaging lets the bottle leak oil everywhere during travel. And even when careful, oily film goes on the side of the bottle. doesn't absorb quickly into skin. doesn't really seem to moisturize my skin even after using it for so long. haven't noticed any significant change in my skin such as less fine lines, brightening, youthful looking skin, or healthier skin.

I started using about 6-12 drops per use at first because I was suffering from dry/flaky skin, but I started noticing it was drying out my skin a lot. I've noticed 1-2 drops is the correct amount to even out my dry/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by tommie2013

I used this back when I was going through the Acne.org regimen when my skin was horrible. When my skin was really really dry from getting used to the BP, I added a couple drops of oil to my moisturizer and it completely took away the dryness after a couple days! It was amazing! Now, I use it in my hair as a weekly moisturizing treatment! I actually didn't buy through Acne.org, because I think I found it cheaper on Amazon or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been buying the Acne.org jojoba oil for about 8 years now. I haven't found a single other manufacturer whose oil is as light and moisturizing as this one.

I don't know anything at all about oil processing but every other brand of jojoba oil feels very heavy compared to this one and some have a noticeable odor. Acne.org also provides the absolute best bang for your buck: a huge bottle for the same price as a much smaller size in other brands.

I mix this with my moisturizer and it keeps my acne prone skin moisturized and supple. Also works great as a hot oil treatment. Another great Acne.org product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No