November 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pixi - Flawless and Poreless Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by smile317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for skin care. It has ingredients like witch hazel and anti-bacterial properties, so I love using it under foundation to prevent breakouts. However, I find that it doesn't work all that great as a primer. It doesn't elongate the wear of my makeup or smooth out the texture of my skin or control oil. In fact, I find that it makes my skin even more oily than it normally is. But I will use it until it's over because it does a pretty great job of preventing blemishes. 3 stars as skin care. 1 star as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best primer I've ever used! At first it was so grainy & I wasn't sure how to stop it from caking up my foundation but then I learned that if I massage it into my skin ever so gently it smooths out my skin flawlessly. I love that it has beneficial ingredients for the skin because I feel as if I am putting on a layer of something that will help & protect my really oily skin versus just putting on another pointless layer of makeup. The price of $24 & the way this is packaged & marketed at Target makes me feel as if I am paying for a luxurious high end primer & the quality really shows through!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bribri1531

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this product and loved it instantly! I went to the store yesterday and bought the full size and the sample came with a coupon which worked out great. It isn't the typical silicone texture, it's more like a clear bb cream. It feels kind of moisturizing and works well on the skin. So far I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by kparcell

I bought this after reading reviews here and must say that I really like this primer. I have oily skin and it works great for me. It goes on smooth, feels nice on my skin and does not break me out. It's a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by alec20253

it might be a good procuct for people with dry skin, however it wasnt for me. it claims to give your skins a "youthful glow" but with my combination oily skin, it made my face look like a greaseball everytime i put it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I recently received a little sample of this and am pleasantly surprised at how well it works for me.

It's oil-free but hydrating and contains a little bit of salicylic acid/willow bark. It made my skin (oily/combo) super soft and smooth after application. It's also silicone free, so it doesn't have that strange tacky feeling other primers do. It also provides moderate sun protection with the titanium dioxide in the formulation. I can't detect any fragrance in this.

I also like that it has a slight pinkish tint to it, which looks really great on my fair skin. I don't usually use foundation, so this works fabulous at evening out my skin tone without that heavy makeup look. A little bit also goes a long way. The first time I used it I took out way too much product. Start with a small dab and then use more if you need to. I will definitely purchase a full size tube and hope that it will continue to work for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by AMerlino

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am actually reviewing the Pixi H20 gel tint --- I have been waiting for someone to post on this. I finally found it at Target this weekend for $24. I like it -- but it kind of skips as it goes on. You definitely have to blend, blend, blend this product. I am not going to return it, but I don't think I would buy it again ..... the coverage is very light, but buildable. I'm curious to see what others think about this since I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by EmberAlexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer, I got it as a sample when I ordered the Pixi Tonic toner on their website. Its tinted but goes on clear. It feels more like a moisturizer than a primer. But I like that it's not so thick and "silicone" feeling as other primers. Its not as good for people who need their make up to look flawless for a very long time. It's better for people who are prone to break outs and clogged pores, because theres salicylic acid and I think it really helps. I think it makes my foundation powder (I use bareminerals) go on very smooth, and lets me get away with wearing less of my foundation as well, because this primer really does make my skin look great. I just ordered the primer off of their website (pixibeauty.com) because I liked it more than other primers I've tried (bareminerals, bare essentials, sheer cover, and benefit). It was 22$ off of their site, and if you spend 50$ shipping is free from the UK. I reccomend buying this with their Glow Tonic Toner, it's amazing! The toner is 29$, so the total comes to 51$ and you'll qualify for free shipping. And if you enter PixiLove as a promo you'll get 20% off :) I literally just ordered both of these products five minutes ago, and my total was 40$. It's reasonable because they really are good products! I already have two bottles of toner..... But I love it so much that I'll use it forever and I can never have too many back ups :) Plus I wanted that free shipping. Anyways try it people I'm telling you these products work wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this, but it's expensive, like $32 in Target. It applies clear so it took me a number of uses to realize that I liked how my face looked with it versus without it. I actually stopped using it soon after I got it a year ago-ish because of beautypedia but honestly I never get acne when I've been wearing this so the little salicylic acid must be working (this does not burn my eye area or dry my skin so there's obviously not a lot at all). This does take away shine but if you're especially oily naturally or from your moisturizer and/or sunscreen (yes you apply ss under primer because foundations often mess with the SPF and the primer puts a layer between them) you will still need your favorite finishing powder. I always use Maybelline's mineral power translucent powder on my T-zone. Plus concealer, mascara, blush, lip balm, and that's my favorite look. If I feel like putting on a BB cream I find they work better for me over this primer. I've only tried one other primer, the Maybelline Age Rewind gel, but I did not like it. Too slippery. Pixi seems to really keep things in place and improve the look of skin. I may get this again someday, but I also may experiment with other brands. So in short, I quite like this, but the cost hurts me bad, and makes me want to look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Taystius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was extremely excited to try this since I really enjoyed other ipsy products in the past but This did nothing for my reducing my pores and actually made my face even more oily than it already is! i had to return it, it did nothing for me, besides making my foundation look more cakey and face super oily.