October 26, 2014 | 939 users online

Skincare - Face - Aubrey Organics - Jojoba Meal & Oatmeal Facial Mask & Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just don't get it - why put alcohol in all facial products? This would have been a good face scrub if it did not have such a high content of denat alcohol in it. My Skin feels extra dry after using this. No like....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from my local health foods market and was happy to have found an all-natural scrub/mask combo. I liked it the first few times I used it, but after my 5th or 6th use, I noticed that despite my small pores, some of the finer granules in the scrub had gotten lodged in a few pores on my cheek and under my nose... yikes!
I did some research on scrubs and learned that you should never use a scrub with ground or powdered seeds, nuts, etc. Some scrubs use powdered walnut shells, this one uses ground jojoba seeds... either way, it's not good for your skin because it is far too abrasive and, as I have unfortunately learned firsthand, it can get lodged in pores. I'm usually all for all-natural products, but this one does more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ca06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a more organic mask so I purchased this own at my local natural market. I was a little concerned at first because of the previous reviews that mention it being alcohol-intensive. It did smell a lot like alcohol, mixed with lavender, but it didn't sting or irritate at all. It is very grainy so it is a bit messy and hard to layer evenly, but it made my face feel incredibly smooth afterwards -- better than any other mask, clay or otherwise, that I have tried to date. I highly recommend this for people with sensitive/dry skin, it is very moisturizing and gentle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased at the health food store as it was on sale and had my eye on this for quite some time even though the reviews are not the best here on MUA. The name is what caught my eye, Jojoba Meal and Oatmeal both of which seem soothing an moisturizing. When I opened it to sniff was expecting rose but found it to be scented with strong lavender which to my nose is fresh and invigorating and not too overwhelming. The bottle says it can be a mask or scrub but while in the shower decided to make it both. I first applied it to wet skin and used it in a circular motion about 30 seconds and found it to be more exfoliating than thought. I then let it sit for about a minute or two and rinsed it off, my skin felt soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2006 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mcdullwife

Though it says for moisturising, it contains a high content of alcohol as is told by its strong smell. It dries quick also. I don't think any moisturising function it could have as alcohol is such a strong drying agent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2005 1:55:00 PM More reviews by freedomgirl13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin, and this was a pretty good scrub, but for sensitive noses I would not buy this product, as the smell is very off-putting. I wouldn't buy this product again because the smell is so bad- I couldn't wait to get it off my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2002 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Yuriko

This brand is hit-or-miss for me, but this product is just wonderful. You can use it as a mask or scrub. It is marketed for normal/dry skin, but I have oily skin and love it. It leaves your skin incredibly soft, clean, and clear. I hear it's excellent for acne as well. I think they might have just change the formula. I haven't tried the new formula, but I hope it's as good as the old one.