Aubrey Organics Jojoba Meal & Oatmeal Facial Mask & Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals

Aqua, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), simmondsia chinensis seed powder*, cetyl alcohol, avena sativa kernel flour, glycerin, citrus grandis seed extract, glyceryl linoleate, glyceryl linolenate, triticum vulgare germ oil, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) fruit oil*, persea gratissima oil, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana water, pimenta acris leaf oil, cymbopogon nardus oil, ferula galbaniflua oil, lavandula hybrida oil, citrus limonum peel oil, evernia prunastri extract, mentha piperita oil, abies sibirica oil, rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil, aloe barbadensis leaf*, ascorbic acid, fucus vesiculosus extract, laminaria digitata extract, glycine soja oil, daucus carota sativa root extract, beta carotene. *Organic

on 2/6/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely amazing! I have incredibly sensitive skin, especially when it comes to fragrances, so I am always careful about scrubs because they amplify any reaction I will have. Not a problem with this stuff!

There are a few aspects of it I didn't 100% love though. Firstly, when I opened it, the oil inside came out first - quite a bit of it. So I tried to shake it to mix it up a bit, but some just leaked out of the side of the lid (due to the pressure from my grip, obviously). Guess it is meant to be mixed in your hands! If possible while keeping it organic, an emulsifier would not go amiss.

When you rinse it off it leaves an obvious film on your face, I'm guessing from the oil. Its unusual, but I massaged it into my skin, spreading it as far as my chest. I am so glad I did! When I got out to dry my face, I only needed to moisturise the absolute dryest parts of my face because everything else was finally smooth and not flaking or stinging like I am used to!!! And I smell wonderful. My blackheads are microscopic. My face is so smooth oh my gosh. I have used so many scrubs but this is like...scrub nirvana. Its taking me so long to write this because I can't stop touching my face.

The smell is definitely noticable, but I am pretty sensitive to the smells of products and I thought it was nothing overwhelming. I understand it might be a bit much for some though!

Ultimately, you have to be willing to try something new with this scrub given that it is applied differently and no, doesn't feel the same as traditional scrubs. Thank god for that tbh, other scrubs have been hell for me!

on 2/11/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this from my local health foods market and was happy to have found an all-natural scrub/mask combo. I liked it the first few times I used it, but after my 5th or 6th use, I noticed that despite my small pores, some of the finer granules in the scrub had gotten lodged in a few pores on my cheek and under my nose... yikes!
I did some research on scrubs and learned that you should never use a scrub with ground or powdered seeds, nuts, etc. Some scrubs use powdered walnut shells, this one uses ground jojoba seeds... either way, it's not good for your skin because it is far too abrasive and, as I have unfortunately learned firsthand, it can get lodged in pores. I'm usually all for all-natural products, but this one does more harm than good.

on 7/30/2012 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was looking for a more organic mask so I purchased this own at my local natural market. I was a little concerned at first because of the previous reviews that mention it being alcohol-intensive. It did smell a lot like alcohol, mixed with lavender, but it didn't sting or irritate at all. It is very grainy so it is a bit messy and hard to layer evenly, but it made my face feel incredibly smooth afterwards -- better than any other mask, clay or otherwise, that I have tried to date. I highly recommend this for people with sensitive/dry skin, it is very moisturizing and gentle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased at the health food store as it was on sale and had my eye on this for quite some time even though the reviews are not the best here on MUA. The name is what caught my eye, Jojoba Meal and Oatmeal both of which seem soothing an moisturizing. When I opened it to sniff was expecting rose but found it to be scented with strong lavender which to my nose is fresh and invigorating and not too overwhelming. The bottle says it can be a mask or scrub but while in the shower decided to make it both. I first applied it to wet skin and used it in a circular motion about 30 seconds and found it to be more exfoliating than thought. I then let it sit for about a minute or two and rinsed it off, my skin felt soft.

on 1/1/2006 2:57:00 AM

Though it says for moisturising, it contains a high content of alcohol as is told by its strong smell. It dries quick also. I don't think any moisturising function it could have as alcohol is such a strong drying agent.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry skin, and this was a pretty good scrub, but for sensitive noses I would not buy this product, as the smell is very off-putting. I wouldn't buy this product again because the smell is so bad- I couldn't wait to get it off my face!

on 8/17/2002 5:10:00 PM

This brand is hit-or-miss for me, but this product is just wonderful. You can use it as a mask or scrub. It is marketed for normal/dry skin, but I have oily skin and love it. It leaves your skin incredibly soft, clean, and clear. I hear it's excellent for acne as well. I think they might have just change the formula. I haven't tried the new formula, but I hope it's as good as the old one.

Popular Face Skincare Products