August 2, 2014 | 1260 users online

Lipstick - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stain

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in "Jitterbug." I heard Jitterbug described as "insanely bright," and thought it would make a great base for the neon-bright hot pink and fuchsia lipsticks that I love, and it DOES!

I keep my lips exfoliated and well-hydrated. I apply Jitterbug to clean bare lips, then apply balm, then clear liner, then my lipstick, then a bit of gloss, and my lips look perfect for hours.

If I eat or drink, my lipstick and gloss wear off, but without leaving that ring-around-the-lips look, because Jitterbug is still there, giving my lips some lasting color. If I reapply gloss, my lips look good - maybe not quite as colorful as I'd like, but not zombie-pale, either.

This stain is easy to apply, not drying (for a stain), long-wearing, and cruelty-free.

I will absolutely rebuy Jitterbug, as well as other shades of this product.

I wouldn't mind if the price were lower, but it's not extravagant, and the product is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Ryuluna

I was given the advice, if you use once beauty item all the time, splurge on it. And I did. I got this is Flameco, a right cherry red. I am a pale skinned dame, and I can pull off red lips very well. It's my thing, you know?

I have tried lipstains because The BF hates lipstick, and lip gloss. And I felt naked with out my red lips. I had tried a few in the past, but nothing compares to this stuff.

First off, it makes my lips really really nice. Most lipstains can dry your lips out. And when you first put it on, let it stay for a minute. Don't move your lips. Let it dry. If you don't, it can, and will smudge a little. After you are done, and it's set in place, it tastes like berries. Which, I found to be a plus.

I wore this stuff while eating a few times. The color wasn't as bright, but I never got that weird liner effect, it seem just to fade a little. And I like how it does that. I only have to apply it maybe once in the morning, and then a second time in the middle of the day. Which is awesome, all the other lip stains I have tried, I have to apply it several times through out the day.

I don't know how I lived with out this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Deannasantiago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! You're able to blend this well and it looks like a natural flush. It lasts pretty long, but something you would have to reapply throughout the day if you want to keep a lot of color. It definitely lasts longer on your lips than it does on your cheeks and stays on after eating a lot. It works well under other lip products. Don't put it on top of another product! It might ruin that way. I'm dreading when it runs out just because of the price to buy it again lol

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Cha-Cha, which is a nice perky but natural (almost YLLB) pink when applied lightly on the lips, and can be layered to make it a nice neutral berryish pink. (I'm around NC25-NC30 for reference.) I bought this in person at Sephora, and this shade was softest color -- the others packed a lot more punch with one swipe and it seemed more difficult to tone them down.

Some days the marker seems drier than others, but it's definitely still going. I bought this before a trip at the beginning of December, use it almost every day, and it's now the beginning of April. I pair this with lip balm, sheer lip gloss, Tarte's Frisky Lipsurgence, or sometimes just Vaseline. I'll definitely be replacing it when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

It's the best lip tint ever. I tried a few different lip tints ranging from high end to drugstore, but I always come back to this lip and cheek tint. I don't use this for cheek tint, but I do use it on my lip before I leave my dorm. It stays on amazingly well even after eating! I believe it lasts around 7 hrs. Some people complain that this marker dries fast, but I believe they didn't take care of this marker correctly. You have to close the cap tightly. I've been using this almost 2 years now and I don't have any single problem at all. It works as if I bought this yesterday. My color is jive, red color that flatters my lip effortlessly. Definitely buy this, you will keep using this for a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by arianah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is complete crap. The stupid marker tip completely dries out after one use. I tried reviving it by shaking it, wetting the tip with water, storing it with the tip pointed down, etc. -- all to no avail.

I wish I could return this and get my $19 back from Sephora, but I threw away all the packaging.

I don't even understand how this stuff sells at all because it is completely unusable. (I bought the cha cha color, not that it matters, since you can't even get it to come out of the felt tip.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely use coloured lip products but this is one that I keep using. I bought this lip stain in cha-cha. It is described as a mauve-rose colour. I really like how you can intensify the colour of this on your lips by how many layers you apply. It is also matte without being drying. I have very dry, sensitive lips that are prone to peeling and this does not make them drier when I apply. I sometimes put a lip balm over it but not all the time. It lasts a decent 3-4 hours but doesn't completely fade after that. The fact it is made of 'natural' ingredients was one of the main selling points for me. However it is very pricey at $25 CAD. I am going to purchase mambo next (a toasted brown for the fall). As for the applicator it looks exactly like a marker. Keep away from children as they may literally use it as a marker.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip marker I've tried so far. I have it in Jitterbug (bright pink) I'm very fair-skinned and do not like a lot of lip color but I found that if I apply this marker first followed by a lighter colored gloss, the color comes out perfect and lasts a long time. The tip stays firm and doesn't collapse or fray like some others I have tried. I also like that it doesn't have a lot of the crap chemicals that are in most lip stains -brownie points!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Amanda2012

I tried this in Sephora, in ChaCha--but didn't buy because I wanted to see if it would really stay on throughout the day. It did (and so did all the test stripes I drew on my hand with the various colors, throughout several hand-washings), so I'll probably pick one up next time I'm there. The colors are quite intense, especially at first. ChaCha was the only one that looked remotely natural on me--of course, I was looking for a natural look, something to make my lips look like they actually have some color. So for others the more intense pigment might be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good lip stain. It's not really that much different than the ones you can get in the drugstore. Wear is about the same as the drugstore stains, and you will need to reapply after a few hours. The colors in Josie Maran's line are very flattering: I got this in Quickstep, Tango and Cha-Cha--all three colors look great on my skin, though Tango is a little bright (still like how it looks though). I also like that it's all-natural. I find it works the best as a base color under a lipstick or gloss.