October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Eyeliner - Sana - Maikohan sharp liquid eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by PorcelainPoison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought SANA's Maiko Han line of liquid eyeliner pens around 6 months ago and I absolutely love them. SANA is a Japanese make-up brand popular with trendy girls and they released a line called Maiko Han inspired by geisha cosmetics, even going as far to collaborate with Ichimame, the world's first blogging geisha.

The packaging for these eyeliners are absolutely beautiful and have a traditional Japanese aesthetic to them. You can get them in black and red, traditional geisha colours and the nib is a soft brush. At first I thought this would make it harder to apply as I was a bit of a novice when I first bought them but it's actually easier! You aren't as restricted when choosing where to apply it.

The first swipe of both colours is a bit transparent but with two or three becomes opaque and vibrant. This only poses a problem if you are an expert liquid eyeliner applier and only need one swipe to get everywhere you need to. I prefer doing it in small parts with three or four swipes completing the line. After this eyeliner dries, it is so hardwearing! Using make-up wipes or a cleanser and toner only just get rid of it and especially cheap make-up wipes still leave a trace on. Three or four swipes leaves a faint line and I have actually slept in this (bad me, I know!) and got up in the morning, only needing to touch it up very slightly.

I have sensitive dry skin but this feels like I don't have anything on and causes no reaction. It also has no fragrance and no taste really (only discovered when you lick your finger to get rid of little smudges, by the way.)

The only downside to this product is that SANA, let alone the Maiko Han line, is very hard to find in the UK. I happened to chance upon a girl selling these on eBay.co.uk. I have almost ran out of my black one but a friend I have has just gone to Japan so hopefully she can bring me some back! If you can find this wherever you are, I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After i purchased this pen style eyeliner I came very close to throwing out all my other black liners. This is a holy grail. I've used it every day on my top lashes since I bought it on ebay @ViVi Diamond Club.
It is deep black and though it removes very easily, it sets well, and lasts throughout the day.
What truly makes it special is the fine line it lays down. I've spent lots to find a brush that would create a thin close to the lash type liner and never quite got there. This liner is superb.
I will definitely buy again.
I think it only comes in one color - deep black.