July 29, 2014 | 1111 users online

Mascara - MAC - Opulash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE November 2013...
I still adore this mascara however I am disappointed how quickly it dried out, it only lasted me a month & 1/2 where as studio fix mascara lasts at least 3 months before I need a new one.
Original review....
I am absolutely LOVING this mascara. After using Mac studio fix lash mascara for a few years & being very happy with it I didn't think Opulash would impress me as much. WRONG! Opulash gives me length and volume, the same as studio fix lash, but the difference is the staying power! Sometimes by the end of the day I'd have a small black smudge above each eye when using studio fix mascara. I have quite deep set eyes so this tends to happen with any mascara I use. Not with Opulash!!!!! Result!!!! The biggest thing that impressed me with Opulash happened last week. I ordered the film 'The Notebook' to watch. By the end if it I was sobbing. Afterwards I went to the loo expecting to see a big black mess all over my face, and to my amazement it hadn't smudged! As far as I am aware Opulash isn't waterproof so your guess is as good as mine, it obviously is one good mascara. As for removal, comes off easily with my make up remover wipes. I seriously am impressed with this mascara and will definitely re purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's alright. Not worth $20 though, I'm just done with Mac mascaras. I've had this one, Zoom Lash and False Lashes... I even had the prep and prime to put on before it... :/ doesn't give me what I want. I like big thick black lashes... As dramatic Mac cosmetics are I thought this would be the perfect line to try Mascara in. After 4 different mascaras I'm over it... drug store brands do way better... If you are looking for a high end mascara to do an awesome job go with LancĂ´me... A little pricey but way worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this mascara in three colors, Optimum Black, and the Wonder Woman versions in Themyscira (blue) and Army of Amazons (green).

I like the feathery look of this mascara. The formula is more creamy and dry than gel-like and thin. It applies evenly and without clumping, and the coverage is buildable. The colored mascaras show up nicely on the lashes.

The brush is a natural bristle brush with very long bristles. It holds a lot of product, so I have to wipe the bristles off a bit before applying the mascara.

This is not a mascara I would use on a daily basis, but it is a good mascara for when you want big, feathery lashes with a soft texture. I personally prefer a thinner, blacker mascara for everyday use. But if you like big, soft, feathery lashes then the quality of this mascara is great and I would highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Chidders

I am still on the hunt for my HG mascara, but this is keeping me happy in the meantime. When I first used this mascara I was pretty disappointed as I didn't feel it really added great volume or length. As I have used it daily I have adapted a little to it, and seem to be getting better results. I would still same though I have found better in both the lengthening and volume. But, the main positive for this mascara for me, is the staying power. I get no smudging at all and this is a first. I have always had to wipe under my eye during the day to avoid panda eyes. This for me is why I give it 4 lippies and would buy again, particularly during summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lionkeeper

Every other mascara will smudge on my upper cheeks (when I smile my lower lashes touches my upper cheeks). This product has never failed me, regardless of length of wear, temperature of day, or how much I'm laughing. It's also easy to remove: comes right off when I use makeup remover cleanser and warm water for the rest of my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara for the price was a let down for me. It does add mega volume, but the lack of length and separation gives me stubby and clumpy lashes. I did finish this mascara up by pairing it with a lengthening mascara, but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mixed reviews about Opulash - one coat and I find it colours my lashes nicely and adds some length, however I want more length and a second coat is a definite no go as I tend to find it looks really unnatural and goes clumpy. Spending Ł20 on a mascara, I would expect more. Added to the fact it's not waterproof, I award this 3 lippies and will continue my search for the perfect mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

My first MAC mascara experience and very pleased! Lengthened, volumized, zero smudging after 11 hours, and easy wash-off removal. Curl hold is so-so and it does clump after 3 layers, so off 1 lippie. I have short, spare, straight Asian lashes and every formula I've tried smudges except Lashpower by Clinique and now...Opulash! It delivered decent drama, about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. It's a nice all rounder mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by bonbon4face

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I regret this purchase, it did not deliver any effects, except some black cream on my lashes. And it smudge easily, i had to wipe my under eye line several times during the day. Save your 20 bucks for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Klahannah

After being generally pretty disappointed with MAC mascaras over the years, finally they put out a mascara I actually love. It has a big brush that reminds me of the Diorshow brush. I was impressed by the length and volume Opulash gave me, it has a strong pigmentation too. I found it was slightly clumpy at times but overall a very good mascara.