Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker Hand and Nail Therapy

Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-150 Stearate, Steareth 20, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, PEG-25 Castor Oil, Allantoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6.

on 2/23/2015 2:44:00 PM

I am surprised at the rave reviews. I love that it absorbs so quickly. First hand cream ever to do that. 2 mintues after applying, I could pick up a glass and not leave a fingerprint, it is genuinely non-greasy. However, it doesn't seem to moisturize at all. I notice there is a lot of alcohol in it. I put it on and half an hour later, my hands are just as dry as before.

on 1/31/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Oh, how I wish I'd taken before & after shots of my nails just to show everyone how amazing this product is.
After having acrylic nails for 4 years, my nails were really awful. Sore, paper thin, weak and red raw. There were whole corners missing that had simply been worn away by the nail salon instruments. No one to blame but myself!
I bought Hoofmaker after reading about it online. It isn't available in my city but it was very cheap to buy online.
I massaged generous amounts into my nails three times a day and after less than a week, my nails were already looking stronger and healthier. I couldn't believe it. I had tried so many expensive nail treatments that did very little or nothing at all.
Hoofmaker actually works, it smells great and it absorbs incredibly quick without any hint of greasy residue.
I have already bought another bottle!

on 12/18/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok the packaging isn't sexy. It's not gonna look cute having a big yellow and blue bottle of lotion called "hoof maker"in your purse. But it is very moisturizing and it has made my dry feet and hands very soft. I am only using this as a hand and cuticle cream, not applying it to my body.

I bought hits because of the promise to make your nails less prone to damage due to the protein. I am rubbing this into my cuticles and I plan to use it at night under my moisturizing gloves. Their conditioner for hair has good protein and my hair loved it when I was relaxed so I hope the same protein will help my nails.

This product is pretty hard to find. It is only in one location near me And that was my local beauty supply store. Picked it up for 3 bucks, not bad for a 6 oz bottle.

on 11/26/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Does nothing for my dry hands and cuticles.

on 9/7/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love, love love love this hand cream. I love the texture, the smell. The packaging isn't that eye catching but everything else about this cream is amazing!!! I've bought a new one around fall time for the last few years. My cuticles feel pretty amazing when I use this. Recommend!

on 3/9/2014 10:11:00 PM

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT!!! I bought it recently and I will never buy another cream again. This stuff is the best cream I've ever put on my body. If you're thinking about getting it, DON'T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND! It has a great consistency, and it absorbs within 30 seconds! I personally like the smell, and it works wonders on your skin! I use it all the time! It's perfect!!

on 12/21/2013 12:30:00 AM

I found this for a few dollars online and wanted to give it a go, especially since I've heard rave reviews for this product. It's definitely not a glamorous product but it does what it promises. I kept this at my nightstand and used it before bed every night. Typically I like to apply hand creams before bed so I don't have to worry about touching anything or running into any issues afterwards, but this was by no means overly thick and greasy or filmy like some treatments can be. This lotion sunk into my skin so quickly I probably could've gotten away with using it in the daytime perfectly fine. There is a very subtle generic lotion scent to this product. My hands felt so nice and supple after using. I feel for the price point especially, you really can't go wrong in picking up a tube of this. I enjoyed the hand treatment from this line far more than the hair products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've used this for years for its intended purpose -- on my horses' hooves -- as well as on my own hands and the results on both are amazing. With consistent use, the skin of my hands and feet, and my nails, are well-conditioned and healthy. I live on a ranch and my hands take a beating on a daily basis; this product helps to keep them in good condition. If it can keep a horse's hoof healthy, it can keep hands and nails healthy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I find this lotion very moisturizing to my hands who suffer from red dry patches and cracking in the winter time. The name given for this lotion is no lie because I really do find that It's also a great help for maintaining healthy and nurtured nails. I apply this lotion every night before bed and my dry patches little by little went away and have not came back since my hands feel very soft and my nails that tend to be weak seem to be getting better slowly but surely. Although I am not crazy about the smell it doesn't linger around. It's a very fast absorbing non greasy formula so the scent goes away quickly. All in all a very good lotion that I would highly recommend. And btw, I almost forgot to mention that the price is not to bad either so that's definitely another bonus=>

on 9/30/2013 8:59:00 AM

I've found this on sale at local pharmacy and gave it a try as I usually use Jurlique / L'occitane as my staple. However, I didn't really like it. After applying, it leaves a yellow-ish tone on tips of my finger nails. As soon I stop using it for a day, my nails would turn back into normal tone. I've tried this a number of time so pretty sure it's to do with this handcream.

Other than that, it's provides an average moisturser on my hands. I would still prefer Jurlique for the lasting effect.