November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Treatments - Mane 'n Tail - Hoofmaker Hand and Nail Therapy

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Does nothing for my dry skin and cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Megans258

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love love love this hand cream. I love the texture, the smell. The packaging isn't that eye catching but everything else about this cream is amazing!!! I've bought a new one around fall time for the last few years. My cuticles feel pretty amazing when I use this. Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Liligail

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT!!! I bought it recently and I will never buy another cream again. This stuff is the best cream I've ever put on my body. If you're thinking about getting it, DON'T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND! It has a great consistency, and it absorbs within 30 seconds! I personally like the smell, and it works wonders on your skin! I use it all the time! It's perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this for a few dollars online and wanted to give it a go, especially since I've heard rave reviews for this product. It's definitely not a glamorous product but it does what it promises. I kept this at my nightstand and used it before bed every night. Typically I like to apply hand creams before bed so I don't have to worry about touching anything or running into any issues afterwards, but this was by no means overly thick and greasy or filmy like some treatments can be. This lotion sunk into my skin so quickly I probably could've gotten away with using it in the daytime perfectly fine. There is a very subtle generic lotion scent to this product. My hands felt so nice and supple after using. I feel for the price point especially, you really can't go wrong in picking up a tube of this. I enjoyed the hand treatment from this line far more than the hair products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetxandxwild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've used this for years for its intended purpose -- on my horses' hooves -- as well as on my own hands and the results on both are amazing. With consistent use, the skin of my hands and feet, and my nails, are well-conditioned and healthy. I live on a ranch and my hands take a beating on a daily basis; this product helps to keep them in good condition. If it can keep a horse's hoof healthy, it can keep hands and nails healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I find this lotion very moisturizing to my hands who suffer from red dry patches and cracking in the winter time. The name given for this lotion is no lie because I really do find that It's also a great help for maintaining healthy and nurtured nails. I apply this lotion every night before bed and my dry patches little by little went away and have not came back since my hands feel very soft and my nails that tend to be weak seem to be getting better slowly but surely. Although I am not crazy about the smell it doesn't linger around. It's a very fast absorbing non greasy formula so the scent goes away quickly. All in all a very good lotion that I would highly recommend. And btw, I almost forgot to mention that the price is not to bad either so that's definitely another bonus=>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've found this on sale at local pharmacy and gave it a try as I usually use Jurlique / L'occitane as my staple. However, I didn't really like it. After applying, it leaves a yellow-ish tone on tips of my finger nails. As soon I stop using it for a day, my nails would turn back into normal tone. I've tried this a number of time so pretty sure it's to do with this handcream.

Other than that, it's provides an average moisturser on my hands. I would still prefer Jurlique for the lasting effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Ctarrant

Amazing! I love this handcream. Tried my friend's one a few days ago and its just fab! Now rushing to buy one for myself. It soaked in in 20 seconds and was super moisturising. I have tried many handcreams including L'occitane and Clarins which to date were my favourite but this is now my top handcream. Also cute marketing with the horse theme.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

I love this hand lotion.
It's not greasy at all and absorbs in under 30s. It has been able to keep my hands and nails healthy during the frigid winter months and it smells lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by rhiannon101

Was sent this as a gift-with-purchase with some nail polish I bought online. I first noticed that this lotion does not contain mineral oil, a cheap cosmetic filler that does nothing for the skin and only serves to make the skin feel softer until it's washed off. It does contain glycerin, another cheap cosmetic filler that sits on the skin and doesn't do much but it doesn't contain enough to create the little rubbed-off bits that one finds with heavier glycerin-based hand lotions.

This lotion has a medium consistency and soaks very quickly into the skin. It smells a bit like Johnson's Baby Lotion, which I don't love, but the scent doesn't last long and the benefit from this lotion far outweighs that one issue. I wash my hands frequently and this lotion is my go-to afterwards! I haven't noticed any significant change in my nail condition but my nails are already in decent shape. I use this specifically as a hand moisturizer and in that capacity I find it more than acceptable. I have the 6oz tube and I haven't found the packaging difficult to manipulate but it's not a size I would slip into my handbag; I would transfer some product into a much smaller bottle. The tube packaging makes this easy to do.

I'm giving this four stars because of the fragrance and because it does contain glycerin. Otherwise, it's a great hand lotion, soaks in quickly and leaves a non-greasy finish.