December 21, 2014 | 834 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossly Lip Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I bought this in Candy Apple, and I'm so glad to have found a red lip product that's actually, red! The colour is, indeed, completely red, and glittery, which I wasn't expecting when I bought it, but it actually looks nice, and it despite the fact that red and glittery sounds odd and a bit tacky, it's a nice combination and does not come off that way at all. Something that's both a pro and a con of this stuff is that it stays on. Very well. I can eat, drink, talk, and also, being a frequent lip-biter, it's a nice addition that I don't have to worry about biting all my lipstick off. On the flip-side, however, getting it off is no game and I'll admit to being repeatedly frustrated, since it's very sticky when you try to get it off. I think, also, that it's very reasonably priced for so much product, and I'm also quite a fan of the packaging; when I bought it, I was dreading that "pencil set-up." I can never get those damn things to stay closed in my purse, but I haven't had the problem with the cap coming off of this at all, no red smears all over it, no nothing. What struck me as odd, overall, with this product is that it does burn a little when you first apply it. Not to the point where you want to take it off immediately, and the burn does subside fairly quickly -- this is, hands down, the most frustrating aspect of this product. Despite how annoying it is to take off and the slight burn, I would still buy this again. Great colour, great staying power, great packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by chelsie614

I have this in the color Inferno and I love it. Its such a fun, vibrant color. This lasts a while on me, granted I don't eat or drink anything. It is a bit of a pain to sharpen, but that won't stop me from picking up a few more of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by zipcrane

I have two in Beauty and Amazon. These pencils are very buttery and smooth. I don't really like a lot of pigment on my lips, and these pencils delivered a mild pigment, but still gave my lips a nice shine. Unfortunately, the staying power isn't great, and the caps are sort of flimsy and kept coming off in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

I have this in "Cupcake" And i love the peachy pinkish color! The first time i tried it i had dry lips and it only made my lips look more dry, but after i exfoliated them and put lip balm on first, this tined my lips beautifully. Love this color!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Babe, but I had no idea it was so sparkly! It is very fun for clubbing or a date or two. But I hate that it leaves sparkles even when you remove it. :/ The sharpening gets a bit annoying, but that's okay, it's worth it. Not sticky, long lasting. You can eat light meals with it, it stays on. But not the best for kissing. It smears a little easily when you eat a lot or kiss your boyfriend. (Which is why I tend not to where it often. He won't kiss me when I have it on, cuz it's sparkly. Lol.) I am definitely going to look into the sheer ones tho!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by spirallingshape

I have this in Babe and Candy Apple, both of which are of the sparkly not-sheer variety. Babe is the brightest hot pink you could ever hope for, and while I don't wear it very often, it's still pretty fun. Candy Apple is a gorgeous bright red, and I love it to death and would wear it every day if lipstick didn't prevent my boyfriend from kissing me :P Goes on smooth, lasts all day (unless you decide to try eating dinner while wearing it), and looks glossy without feeling sticky or slippery. I did notice the burning one reviewer mentioned, but only on the very first application, and it wasn't nearly as bad for me, just kind of tingly. The only downside is that it needs sharpening--I love the color so much that I didn't mind spending another $3 on a sharpener, but it might be off-putting for some people I guess. It also seems to get into the tiny lines around the edges of my lips after a while, but I don't wear liner, which would probably fix that right up. Definitely buying again and would definitely recommend to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by laurendaugherty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best lip crayon ever. Very smooth, beautiful color (beauty, #280). I absolutely love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by ArynNoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read on a couple different websites that some ladies feel a burning sensation in their lips.. which would've scared me besides from the fact that I just bought it today and tried it before reading these reviews. I personally LOVE the product. I bought it in Candy Apple, the reddest shade, and being that I'm newly addicted to red lipstick it was perfect. Goes on so easily and has the perfect amount of gloss (though not too much), and seems to stay on for the most part--even through my cigarette, which is usually a problem for me. :P Bad habit, I know, but that's besides the point. It seems to last for a fair amount of time, doesn't dry out my lips and not sticky.. all bonuses to me. Oh also the fact that it's crazy cheap--got it at Wal-Mart for about 5 bucks. Wasn't expecting much, just needed a new lipstick and it was the first thing I grabbed. The only thing I can say I don't like about this product is the fact that you have to sharpen it, and now I have to go find a sharpener big enough to do that with, but either way I'm gonna give a 5 and I will be purchasing again. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good god, this stuff is FRIGHTENING. I bought "Babe" tonight, which is the bright pink one, and couldn't wait to get home & try it on. Don't get me wrong- the color is gorgeous. It's a shockingly bright candy pink that looks absolutely amazing, but this stuff burns SO BAD! It felt like I had sulfuric acid on my lips. The burning started almost immediately upon application & I could only keep it on for about 5 minutes before I *had* to wipe it off. The burning hurt too bad, and this is coming from someone who uses Too Faced Lip Injection on a daily basis(which has capsicum in it). I can handle having actual PEPPER JUICE on my lips, but I couldn't handle this- that should tell you just how bad the burning is! My lips were bright red & sore afterward too :/

It gets a 2 for looking fabulous, but I really don't recommend that anyone use this. Severe burning from a non-plumping lip product is downright scary, and I'd really like to know what's in this stuff that could cause such a reaction. This product makes me EXTRA glad that Hard Candy doesn't test on animals, and this is honestly the first HC product that I haven't liked. A rare miss! I hardly ever return cosmetics, and I really wanted to love this cause it's just SO pretty(even if this particular shade DID make my teeth look yellow :S), but this is going right back to the store tomorrow. There are other lip pencils that give the same look that don't HURT to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Mjolnir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading a review on a makeup blog. I bought this pencil in the shade Inferno, which is a very bright orangey-coral shade with TONS of glitter. I love bright, bold lip colours and the colour payoff was great with this lip pencil. Amazing pigmentation and sparkle. It's softer and easier to apply than lipstick and it lasted quite a while on my bare lips. It feels very light and is not sticky at all which is a major bonus in my books. I will definitely repurchase as they have a few more bright colours I want to try! At $6 a pop they won't break the bank, either.