August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Dry Shampoo - Salon Grafix - Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Stinks! Could not get over the disgusting grandma smell. Blech! Didn't work very well either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Meh.... There are so many better dry shampoos like Batiste!!!, Not Your Mothers, or Suave for example. I bought this once & would only buy it again if it was a BOGO50 item, or drastically reduced on sale. It smells weird & it's sort of effective but I get much better results from Batiste. This product isn't something I hate but I am not a big fan nether.... I think I got this at cvs. It's not super cheap. ;/ a can does last awhile so if you buy it you are stuck with it & its very potent smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dear God, this stuff STINKS!!!!!!

I bought a travel size in the original scent, and it REEKS like nothing I have ever smelled before. After I sprayed it on my hair, I was immediately offended by the gross odor, and I tousled my hair, hoping the putrid stench would dissipate. It didn't. I brushed my hair out, and I could still very much smell its deathly aroma.

I was so embarrassed because I had to go to work that morning. I was self-conscious all day that everyone would smell me when I walked by and wonder if I had soaked my hair in the burnt juice from a garbage can. And it did absolutely nothing to help my dirty hair. So I had dirty-looking, extra smelly hair. I ended up later spraying some body spray on my hairbrush and running it through my hair in hopes of masking the foul scent, which it didn't. This stench had a life of its own.

I couldn't get home and rinse this nasty stuff out of my hair fast enough. The rest of it is going in the trash. I hate to waste it, but I will certainly never use it again. I'm just thankful I purchased a travel size.

I will NEVER BUY THIS STINKY STUFF AGAIN!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by desiieee

Let me just preface this by saying the product works, and works well. My hair was lifted, bouncy, and felt fresh. But ugh, the smell!! It smelled like dollar store hairspray from the 80s. It does dissipate fairly quickly, but while applying, it's just brutal. Unfortunately, this is enough to turn me off of buying again what is an otherwise decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of all the dry shampoos I've tried, this is the best for my needs. I bought this at a significant discount at Walgreens a few months back. I have tried different brands of dry shampoos and none worked as well.

Even though I wash my hair three times a week, I do not use dry shampoo to substitute for washing. I use it on clean hair to give volume and lift at the root and crown. This works well without being cakey or leaving a cast on my hair.

After blow drying and straightening my hair, I take a section from each side of my part and lift. I give the can a good shaking and, while lifting up each section straight up from my scalp, give two to three quick sprays about three to four inches away, spraying in strokes downward from the root. I then grab the next section outward from my part and repeat. I will do this in sections on each side and then in two sections down from the top of my crown. After all sections have been sprayed, I fluff it up a bit, add just a touch of hairspray and will have volume for hours. The trick is to not apply too much at a time, get too close to your scalp or spray in too long of bursts.

The smell is fine and I have not run into any issues with the bottle leaking and running out of product too quickly. I have had my bottle for six months and haven't used it up yet. I cannot speak to how well this works at absorbing oil on the scalp, but can say I can get a lot of lift out of this can. It would be too expensive to buy at full price and I get just as good results, if not better, with Got 2b POWDER'ful Volumizing Powder so I probably would not repurchase. I will gladly use the last of my bottle, though, knowing it works better than any other dry shampoo I've tried to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TurkeyDelight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My bangs tend to get oily much quicker than the rest of my hair, so I use dry shampoo to spruce them up. I've tried a ton of different brands, some good, some bad...but this really falls under the TERRIBLE category. The only good thing I can say about this: it is indeed invisible as it claims. The smell though...wow. I don't think I have ever used a product that smelled so horrible and disgusting. I'm not kidding, this made me feel ill. On top of that, it did not appear to make a bit of difference to my hair. Nada. My bangs still looked stringy and oily, and smelled awful. I actually gave it another try a few months later (I had ran out of the other brand I'd been using) with the same results: it didn't work & left a god-awful stench on my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

This review is for the BRUNETTE dry shampoo by Salon Grafix. It was on special at Beauty.com so I got 2. Blech. It makes my hair strawlike and the color gets ALL over my hands when I brush it out after use or pull my hair back. The regular seems to get good reviews - just be careful if you're thinking of picking up one with color in it (they make blonde, black, brunette and gray).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I am always trying to find a good dry shampoo so I try different products all the time. I picked this up about 2 months ago. I was very excited about the "invisible"aspect of it. In the past my dry shampoos have left a white cast that is very difficult to brush/blend in to my dark brown-black hair. This did live up to the claim of not having a white powder residue. It smells nasty though. Almost like a cheap hair spray. The smell is just too much for me to handle and I couldn't wait to be finished with it. It performed ok. I did feel like it sort of made my hair look more refreshed and clean but I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Jessica45578

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this because my hair is wavy/curly and I don't brush it once it's dry, so I liked that it is invisible. I had a travel size a while ago, and all I remember is that it was kind of leaky when I sprayed it. I just bought a big size today because I thought I would give it another try. I sprayed it and it was all over my hand but worse than the first time I bought it. I wanted to try it again because the fact it doesn't have white powder is extremely appealing to me. I'm just giving up on this and returning it tomorrow. I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This did nothing to clean my hair. It didn't spray a white powder to absorb the oils like most dry shampoos do. It just sprayed some foul smelling air. I don't know if I bought a defect bottle but this did not work for me.