Bath and Body Works Vanilla Lemon

4.2

on 1/18/2015 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This smells like lemon pound cake...I love it! Every time I smell this it reminds me of summer 2010 when it first came out and I bought the lotion and the spray. They recently brought this back for their semi annual sale and I stocked up for sure.

on 6/27/2013 12:55:00 AM

I'm a Bath & Body works fan and discovered their semi-annual sale ("SAS") last year when they opened in Canada. My top three scents are: Vanilla Lemon, Black Raspberry Vanilla, and Brown Sugar & Fig. These classic scents are usually only available during SAS so I stock up if I'm lucky enough to find any. It is sad that they are not available all time in stores and Vanilla Lemon isn't available online right now too.

Vanilla lemon is a light and fresh scent great for spring/summer. I tried this scent last year and fell in love instantly. I only wish that I discovered it sooner so I could've stored more. I know that it's been discontinued but I'm still on the hunt every SAS!

on 5/7/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OKAY!! This is NOT what I expected! It definately is the traditional vanilla B & B W scent which is strangley so unique to itself. Really, line me up vanillas from ALL the companies and I can pick out the BBW in a heart beat. At first there is a burst of lemon but it definately fades into that vanilla scent. No cake, no cookie no edible scent at all!

BUT if you're reading this, the absolute BEST MOST AMAZING Lemon cake-cookie type scent is the J.R. Watkins Lemon cream hand and body lotion. It seriously smells sooo amazing, like you can freakin eat it! If your looking to replace your beloved Lemon Vanilla BBW lotion, which you ARE because it is DISCONTINUED-then try this stuff!! Simply to die for! And hey, check out my review for the J.R watkins lotion, in fact read them all!! Definately for foodies/gourmand type people, which I think all you Lemon Vanilla BBW fans will <3!!!

on 3/10/2012 1:05:00 PM

Delicious sweet lemon/vanilla scent. Lingers nicely on skin for a light fragrance. Moisturizing. A good buy.

on 3/10/2012 4:12:00 AM

L.E.M.O.N. C.R.E.A.M. P.I.E.
if you like fresh," green" lemon scents skip this one.
if you like to smell edible, this is a good choice.

on 12/14/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I liked this scent from the Summer Vanilla collection - a candy-sweet vanilla and a burst of lemony goodness. Cake or cookie-like - not lemon-pledgey. Not a HG - but fun and inexpensive. For $1.00 I got a 2 oz. mini bottle of the lotion which I use at the office.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yummy.. This is not your typical lemon scent.. and by typical any perfumista knows what I mean.. most lemon/lime scents can come off as a household cleaning product.. and this DOES NOT.

The scent may have that lemon scent.. but it smells more like lemon zest and vanilla.. more specifically.. Lemon sugar cookies!

Probably the best scent of the vanilla's easily.

I would repurchase this again, but it has been discontinued for a while.

on 6/27/2011 2:21:00 PM

I unfortunately discovered this product when it has already been discontinued.

I saw it at the June SAS 2011 and I picked up a Triple Moisture Body Cream. It smells divine. I always assumed that any lemon like scent will translate as "pine-sol" or cleaning liquid. But it is true what people say that it smells like lemon cookies!

Absolutely delicious!

And if you are not familar with B&BW Lotion's; they are very moisturizing and depending on your skin type, depends on what kind of lotion you need.

Body Lotion - Lightest form of the moisturizer they have.
Triple Moisture Body Cream - Thick and pretty good for dry winter skin.
Body Butter - Their thickest form of lotion, extra moisturizing and really great if you have dry cracked skin.

on 6/6/2011 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this one! I think this is one of the seasonal scents, so I stocked up on the shower gel, lotion and body mist.

This is definitely a sweeter scent rather than coming off as more 'tart' (because of the lemon). I pick up both the vanilla and the lemon notes in this, and the combination of the 2 is surprisingly divine! Definitely a winner, and one that I hope B&BW will re-release in the future! continued >>

on 3/22/2011 2:08:00 AM

I LOVE this product. It smells just like lemon cookies or lemon meringue pie. When I wear this some people comment that I smell like cotton candy but to me, maybe because it's super sweet smelling but to me, the lemon smell is very evident and I don;t think it smells like cotton candy at all. This is my very favorite from the Summer Vanillas 2010 collection and I'm really sad that it got discontinued and replaced with Apricot Vanilla. Good thing I got a couple bottles of this in the lotion and spray. I hope they bring it back again.