November 27, 2014 | 949 users online

Hair Removal - Veet - Warm Wax (with strips)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by msjody

This stuff is amazing! I used it years ago and loved it, then purchased a Jolene Stripless Hot Wax (the pink wax in the blue jar which was AWFUL) then dabbled in forking out to get waxed professionally again.

However I recently went back to buy the Veet and am so glad I did. It's 8.99 (but I got it free with my boots points) and does an amazing job.

It heats evenly, the spatula warns you if it's too hot, the free re-usable wax strips are great and you get a good amount of product. I managed a full Hollywood at home and it was virtually painless as the wax did such a good job and I wasn't having to go over areas at all.

It also smells nice but this didn't cause any irritation - I was less bumpy than if I'd gone to get it done professionally. I estimate I'll get about 8 waxes from the jar. Just over 1 per Hollywood! I can't complain!

I'm planning to do my armpits later as I was so (re) impressed with this product. I should have stuck with this wax in the first place and saved my money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How have I not have found this stuff earlier? I've always used the prewax strips for my upper lip and underarm but wanted to give this stuff a try cause I was over the inconsistent results of the prewaxed ones. My cousin and best mate recommended this specific one to me- it's $11 at Chemist Warehouse which includes a 375g jar, a little spatula and 10 cloth strips.

Okay I'm a total newbie to hot waxing (only ever tried it in high school prior to this) but it's already won me over and I'm never going back to shaving. I managed to wax both full legs, do a brazilian, under arms, upper lip and eyebrows and I still have enough left in the jar for a few more lip waxes.

I warmed the wax for 35 seconds in my 1100W mic and had to wait a couple minutes for it to cool. (spatula reads 'NO' when too hot.) Cloth strips are amazing, there's a good amount in there but I did my whole body so I ran out and started using an old pillow case which works just as well. The strips are also washable and the wax is water soluble which made it heaps easier- just use warm water. I didn't try washing the pillowcase ones but I'm guessing you could rewash that too if the wax is water soluble? Not sure..

It doesn't mention brazilian or eyebrows in the list but it had bikini line and upper lip so I thought what the hell and went ahead and gave myself a brazilian. The results are spectacular. It removed all of my hair and removed it all the first time, everytime. I didn't have to go back over a single spot and I couldn't believe how easy it was. I even made a landing strip and the lines are so bloody precise, I loveeeeee this stuff!

Finished the rest of my waxing and results were just as good for my underarms and upper lip. For the eyebrows and legs I had to go over the same spots a couple times but then again it could have been just the way I waxed it as a noob. I also didn't exfoliate them so wonder if that had something to do with it? Anyhow spread the wax thinly and keep it warm! I was spreading it too thick for ages and wasted so much wax. And every now and then it would be hard to apply the wax and I'd be wondering what was happening, (haha noob) but you just have to mix the wax in the jar to distribute the heat and keep reheating it. The only thing about this wax was running from my room to the kitchen- I think next time I'll do the hot bowl method and see how that goes.

Seriously if you are a newbie waxer I would so give this a try! This session was messy as but I know the next time will be heaps easier cause I know what to do now. Oh and I wanted to throw it in there that my skin is sensitive and I wasn't irritated at all anywhere. A few red patches for about 30 minutes and red spots on my legs that lasted a few hours but that's normal. I will update on this in a few weeks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mellykins53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This wax is just amazing, and it's so simple to use and I'm just a beginner!!!!!

Firstly, the wax itself was extremely good: it smelt nice and it was like honey almost. It was possible to move around and spread (if you don't mind some pain), and it took off all the hair. Also, it being water soluble is a god-send: straight after waxing just take a shower, you don't need to rub to remove the wax, just stand there really.

The fabric strips provided were very good, while waxing I just threw them into the sink one by one and when I was done most of the wax had dissolved so clean up was very quick.

The only minor problems I had was I had a 1100W microwave, so for a full tub zap it for 35 seconds and reduce by 5 seconds almost every use I found.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by lr99999

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Watch out, the ads on this page are NOT selling the product being rated here. (Oct'12)

Maybe someone could post a picture? I don't have my packaging.

If you are googling to find, it's STRIPS not STRIPES. Stripes are what's on a Zebras' butt.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by pizzicato

This was incredibly easy to use, even for a beginner like me. The wax came off straightaway, was very soluble in water (thus making cleanup very easy), and the instructions provided were excellent. I've repurchased this twice already and will keep going back to it - it's fast, simple to use, leaves my legs sooo smooth, relatively cheap and doesn't even smell that bad (almost like honey). Fabulous product.

(I should also mention that this was suggested to me by a friend who uses this in her beauty salon. She swears by it, and I can vouch for her confidence! XD)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works! I used it to do a brazilian, which I have done before with NADS cold wax and various cold wax strips. I did get off most of my hair with Boots bikini wax strips but it did leave a fair amount of strays behind. I couldn't face going over it again with the strips so I tried this warm wax. I heated for 30 secs, 20 may have been enough as I have a high powered microwave. Quite a lot of stirring to get the wax cool enough. I used my fingertips to apply it, as I was only touching up small areas. Applied the strips cut down to size (I find it less ouchy to do small areas at a time) and whipped off the strips. Here's my tip - when you pull keep the movement close and parallel to your body, DON'T pull up and away, plus breathe out hard and deep as you pull). I DID NOT FEEL A THING!! All hair out in one swipe! fantastic. A little bit sore afterwards, but I admit that the wax may have been a bit too hot.

Very happy.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this wax is great. I use it on my face and bikini line. Previously I had tried cold wax strips (no!) and also a store's own-brand hot wax. When that wasn't it stock, I bought this (more expensive) pot but boy, was it worth it! It goes on so smoothly (when heated enough) and I get such a clean finish.

The first time I used it to wax my bikini line I got a better finish and less redness than when I got it done professionally.

Strips are good, I either soak them or throw them in the washing machine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

i bought this product because i wasnt really happy with Nads anymore. I still think nads makes a great product, but i think if the product gets exposed to air/heat it loses its effciency. i wanted soemthing failry natural ingredients, worked really well and i found it!

In the pack you get 1 spatula, 10 cloth strips (fantastic!), and the tub of wax. The wax is dark brown in colour and very sticky. Very quick microwave time! my microwave on the highest setting only takes about 40secs and its ready to use. the colour strip indicator on the aplicator is fab too. A "NO" comes up if your wax is too hot. Once its out of the microwave, stir the wax till it is honey like and the apply as you would for waxing. The applicator is also well shaped, good job VEET!

Thsi stuff is totally fab for the bikini line and face. I do brazilains with it and works better than NADS, it has more affinity to the hair than nads and after your skin is super smooth cause of the oils in the wax. Im impressed! Ive used it on my face too, sideburns and just as good a job. legs it did a great job and again i liked the soft feeling in your skin after. i find the wax is still sticky after you have used it on your legs, so you can reuse the strip a few times.

one of the great things about this product is that its water soluble and it really does wash off so easily in water, even the cloths are easy to clean after. After im done i chuck the used strips in warm water, saok for 10 mins and then rinse them off. 10 cloths strips are great i have amassed a heap which is great!!! they arent that crappy plastic resuable strips liek NADS have. I was really annoyed NADS reaplced cloth strips with those plastic strips.

Cost well i think its reasonable.I try to get it on special. I paid $11AUS and this tub is bigger than the NADS tub!

VEET you did well with such a great product! this is definetly as they say, salon quality! this is my HG for waxing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dared listing this product since the other Veet warm wax category referred to hard beeswax; this is the Veet Warm Wax, microwaveable, that comes with a tiny wooden spatula and a set of stripes.

I am a fan of waxing although i can't always have it done, due to pricey services here in Sweden. While i can survive using the razor on my legs and other parts, the bikini line and the upper lip have always been wax-friendly...i take this is the safest, healthiest and most efficient hair removal method ever. No ingrown hairs, complete and natural skin exfoliation, skin softening, removal of clogged pores at the root of the tiny hairs, everything you want. They say it's better to have it done by a professional, especially in case of physical conditions or pregnancy, which is true, but i am quite dexterous when it comes to such 'operations' so no threat to me.

This product is a dark brown 'wax', actually a synthetic product created to resemble natural beeswax, hydro soluble, creamy and pleasantly scented; i don't know if there are any 'flavored' versions on the market, mine smells like natural wax, wood and caramelized sugar, which i don't necessarily love, but i kinda like.

It is a little pricey if you consider the quantity, 250 ml, especially if you intend to use it on large portions such legs or back. It comes with a set of reusable 10 paper strips which is a great thing in my opinion. After each use i simply place the strips in the water filled sink and in 10 minutes they're squeaky clean. it also prevents any messiness since any drop is easily cleaned with the sweep of a wet cloth/mop.

The trick with this product is to heat it moderately. If you microwave it at 750 w power then you're going to wait forever for it to cool down; also, you must obviously calculate the time and temperature according to the quantity you have left; i consider 2 minutes of 450 w enough for heating the entire quantity, while 1 minute is more than enough when you're left with half of it or less.

It goes on very smoothly on the skin and you can use the strips or simply delicately yank it off with your fingers, if the layer is thick enough. It does not go crunchy or dry at all, even when left on for 15 minutes; if you remove it with your fingers you can save the product; i do this only with the wax i use for the upper lip, of course, it's not a good idea to reuse hair-filled wax chunks (eew!!).

removes hair very efficiently, softens the skin and even pulls out little pore plugs- around the mouth especially, this is very effective if you have oily skin and are concerned with irritations of acne/blackheads. The wax also helps preventing ingrown hairs from forming due to its warm exfoliating effect.

However as with any hair removal warm product there's always the risk of burning yourselves so be careful. The little spatula has a colored portion on the end intended for use, portion that's temperature-sensitive and displays a little 'no' when the spatula 'senses' the wax is too hot or a 'yes' when you've got the green light. Cool.

I strongly recommend this product for upper lip, eyebrow, bikini line and underarm waxing. It is delicate and efficient even with the tiniest hairs yet it doesn't irritate the skin at all. As i said, it's not economical when it comes to legs, but that remains the choice of the user.

I think this is a great home kit and i will repurchase it for as long as they produce it. It lasts for quite a long if used only for small areas so the price-quantity-quality aspect is thoroughly positive.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No